Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Printout (Read 1106 times)
ScottEinDC
CH.com Junior

Washington, DC
Printout
Jan 14th, 2009 at 9:24am

Hello everyone,

There used to be a printout on CH.com you could share with family, friends and co-workers about CH.  I can't seem to find it or I'm missing it.  Since my last cycle, I have new bosses that I want to share this info with.  If you can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Scott

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Printout
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 10:10am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

DetroitDrillSGT
CH.com Newbie

Go Army

Papillion, NE
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 7:34pm

Wow, this is pretty good.  I find it hard to explain it sometimes since im in the military.  Even after I explain it, they still call them migraines and the such.

They typically response is "just take some asprin and drink some water.

-Defend This
IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 9:49am

Hi SGT, might help if you shared this site with them.

They may just end up educating themselves a little. Smiley Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:49am

I also printed out the opening page of this site and showed it to my co workers along with the OUCH letter.
some were amazed.

PFD's
                                  JPC

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 6:38pm

If it has a prevelance of 69 in 100,000, it would be more correct to say it effects less than 1/10th of 1% than to say less than 1% of the population.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 8:06pm

Hi Scott, Welcome to clusterville.
Below is part of a post by me on the Aussie cluster site.

Hope it helps
Cheers
Barry

As an employee - do you tell your boss, or try to hide it?

This is a dilemma I think we all have and after having had 5 different supervisors in the last four years I came to the conclusion that the best approach is to be honest.

BUT don’t simply say you get severe headaches; everyone gets headaches and the non sufferer simply can’t relate our condition to anything more than a severe hangover.

My approach is to say that I suffer from a rare neurological condition and one of the effects of this condition is severe head pain, this approach does away with the usual response of can’t you take a pill and have a little lay down.

There's a completly different reaction to this than sayimg you get cluster headaches, the responce is more accepting something akin to telling them you have a terminal disease but this one won't kill you.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!