Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Heya,newby here,can u help? (Read 954 times)
jucylucy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

East Sussex England
Heya,newby here,can u help?
Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:51am

Heya all, am a newby, and have come for some advice hopefully if anyone can help?  Smiley i think i may be a clusterhead,but unsure so if u guys could tell me what u think be gratfull! as only heard of this 2 days ago,when got desperate and typed in my symptoms on google and cluster headaches came up?,when spoke to my doctor she wasnt helpfuland just put all my symptoms down to stress? ok,i think im having a cycle from what ive read,the last time i had anything similar was about 6months ago,im a f 27 from the uk,and this thing seemed to start with a pain in my head on the right side around the brow bone and above and behind my eye,quickly gets worse but just as annoying my eye looks like it shrinks half the size where eyelid swells and runs like mad! also the same side that nosteral runs like crazy (and i look a complete mess!lol) pain does get really bad and lasts couple of hours then i notice it moves to my jaw and teeth on the same side for hour or so giving me aggonising toothache what feels like in all my bottom teeth on that side even sometimes twinges in ear and throat also,painkillers dont work i took so many codine at one point threw up and pain hadnt changed,alcahol have noticed definatly makes worse,lying down still in dark wont help either.Ive been getting this happen on and off all day for about a week now,the last time i got this 6mths ago lasted about 3-4weeks,seems to be mostly affecting me during the day evening at the mo,but waking up with pain in jaw,though manage to get back to sleep.am more worried as reading how bad can get about my children,as had a bad one other day and my youngest baby fell out her chair and all could do was pick her up put her back  was in to much aggony to comfort so had her screaming,then set off her 3yr old twin bro and sis and was all crying,that scared me,so if think i may be a cluster head want to try get diagnosed so can get treatment ?? sorry so long,much thanks to anyone who may take the time to read this and may help?
Lucy xx Smiley

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Re: Heya,newby here,can u help?
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 7:07am

Hello Lucy and welcome.

From what you write you definately sound like a clusterhead, but it is important you get a real diagnosis as there are more malignant conditions that can mimic some of the symptons. Find yourself a neurologist with plenty headache knowledge and get tested.
In the meantime, try aborting hits with an energy drink like red Bull. See that it has both taurine and coffeine.

If I'm correct, in the UK Imigran is an over the counter. Try it.

Let us know how you're coping.

Regards, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

jucylucy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

East Sussex England
Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:26am

Hiya Pascal,
thank you for taking the time to read and reply,much appreciated Smiley, will go back to my docs and try to get reffered,since been reading more and more am more convinced of the symptoms,thanks for the advice,will try the red bull,even though hate the stuff! ha,gotta be worth a shot!
Regards Lucy

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:59am

There's other brands of energy drinks to try, too (I personally gag from red bull!)  At this point, you can be the best mother you can be by keeping your babies safe and fed and taking care of yourself

Don't put pressure on yourself to be supermom.  It's just not possible with pain like this.  No one here is going to condemn you for not being June Cleaver in the middle of an attack!  Children can handle it.  Just make sure you don't take a bunch of narcotics or something that will take you out of commission if you are by yourself with them. (FYI- narcs don't really work for most of us anyway.)

Hang in there, baby.  I'm glad you found us.  but yes, make sure this isn't something more serious that "looks" like CH; CH won't kill you, but other things that look like it can.  There's also some great folks on here who also live in the UK; they can help you with the local system.  Good luck!
-Paige

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

jucylucy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

East Sussex England
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 9:11am

Ahh thanks paige for the kind words and advice! am glad i found this site to! lucky for me didnt have to wait to long to find either.Will look for other drinks to, probablly sounds stupid (sorry) but what about caffine tablets like pro plus? would they help,or is that something different all together?  Embarrassed ha
Lucyx

IP Logged

Katie
CH.com Junior

I just get 'those' headaches.

England
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Doctors in the UK are supposed to follow the BASH Management Guidelines [British Association for Study of Headache] you can see a copy online for free as a downloadable PDF. I suggest printing off a copy and going back to your GP and demanding a second opnion or try seeing another GP if your at a group practice. In Oct the first GP I saw patted me on the head refussed to sen dme to neurologist and just handed over rizatriptain. Saw another GP at the same practice told them the same problem, they looked at when I came in with 'bad heads' and the fact nothing touched them when in groups saw a suspect pattern and made an urgent referral. It can be worth going to see another doctor.

From the symptoms your describing please push seeing another GP and insisting on an appointment with a Consultant Neurologist.

It can help to keep a headache diary [London Migraine Clinic has a basic one on line]

With CH over the counter pain killers are smarties. The simple things like a strong coffee, ice packs, water and O2 can suddenly become your bestest friends.

Being a mom and having bad heads can suck; cut back where you can and just do the essentials as others have suggested like making sure the kids are safe and have something to eat.
The housework will wait.

Imigran Recovery is available over the counter but its only as a single tablet. and its only supposed to be sold for migraine relief not CH. The pharmacist may refuse to sell it to you for an undiaognosed headache.

Pain is no evil unless it conquers us.  

IP Logged

jucylucy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

East Sussex England
Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 3:53am

Thanks Katie your a star! lots of helpfull info there will use,just a annoying waiting game now to see exactly what it is am getting.But great to find a place can come for advice rather than just sitting thinking.As with the children,yep i know what your saying will do.Have been also having PND since the birth of my daughter 6 months ago,so probablly why my doctor dissmissed it sraight away as stress,but am going back to push her armed with info! lol
thanks again
xLucyx

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!