Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What to print out for my doctor? (Read 799 times)
BlueDog
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

SoCAL, USA
What to print out for my doctor?
Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm

I have learned so much from this site that I am confused.  I want to let my doctor know I have studied the condition and print out some information for my appointment tomorrow.

I don't want to carry in a book with me, so any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks all!  Bluedog

I'm surviving it all!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: What to print out for my doctor?
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:04pm

Dang!!!  Bluedog, I sure wish you had given us more than a one day notice on this.   (You are forgiven)

Forgive me if I haven't read your other 24 posts as to what you have tried, what works./..what doesn't.

Start here:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The 02 page is a "MUST"   Then scroll down and look for the meds..prevents as well as abortives.   That shouldn't make for a book as you put it and maybe this Dr. will take the time to read it.

PLEASE let me know how it  goes.  Oh and next time give us some time to really give you some condensed stuff that a Dr.'s eyes won't glaze over while showing it to him.

Linda 

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:06pm

BTW....where in So. Cal are you?   I may be able to help there.

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

BlueDog
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

SoCAL, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:33pm

Thank you Linda!  I'm in Orange County. 

Anyway, I've been looking at alot of info and it was overwhelming.  I went through about 10 weeks (1st timer) of CH's and was very lucky to survive it with fioricet and plain ole diet pepsi. The diet soda aborted most CH's in 8-10 minutes. I was ready to also try the energy drinks like redbull but since the soda worked well, I never did try them.  The fioricet was more of a backup and I don't put much faith in it which is why I want to get prepared with other preventatives and abortives.

I am now getting only occasional shadows and twinges.  I am going to doctor for preventative and "getting ready" in case they return.  My goal is to get verapamil which I already take low dose for high blood pressure and oxygen for aborting. (maybe some emergency imitrex too)

It's funny, not having the headaches for a couple of weeks feels like a lifetime and the appointment snuck up on me so I apologize for not giving more notice.

Wishing you and all pain free days and nights!

Bluedog   Smiley

I'm surviving it all!

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:55pm

Quote:
lucky to survive it with fioricet and plain ole diet pepsi. The diet soda aborted most CH's in 8-10 minutes

ALL-righty then.

There is a Dr. Kudrow in Santa Monica (I believe.)  May  want to look up his name in the phone book.  He is the best there is in diagnosing and treating CH.  His uncle Lee Kudrow diagnosed me and he is a sufferer himself as well as written many books on CH.

Good luck to you.

(  Fiorocet won't help. )

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

BlueDog
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

SoCAL, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 11:57pm

Cheesystill painfree after 3 weeks.  Finally got results from MRI... in general it was normal but it did show some signs of a sinus infection which the doctor was sure was probably not related to the headaches... she is sure of my diagnosis of CH.  She did put me on an antibiotic for the sinus condition and gave me an increase in the verapamil and wrote the script for OXYGEN! (she worded it just as the information i brought in from this site, thanks for all of your help!!!)

I haven't gotten the oxygen approved by insurance yet so we'll see...  i'm not in cycle now so I am being a patient patient...   the doctor is researching other prevents as well for my next appointment... i printed a damn book for her and she took it gladly and thanked me.

Anyway, things are looking good... all I need now is a damn job so I get out of my financial crisis!

Thanks again to all and you especially Linda!

PFDAN's  Bluedog

I'm surviving it all!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!