Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sneezing???? (Read 1032 times)
Chris Morrow
CH.com Veteran

Messin' with Sasquatch

Asheville, NC
Sneezing????
Jan 13th, 2009 at 5:57pm

The phase that pains today has been: "God bless you." I've sneezed 3 times today, and within 5 minutes I'm having a K6-7 for 30-40minutes. This a new trrigger for me. Don't know exactly what to do on this one, because cold meds (anything with tylenol) usually are a trigger as well. Could sneezing actually be a trigger? If so, are there any tips......

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Sneezing????
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 6:31pm

CH and sneezles are related for sure. Whether one causes the other or they both come from the same place I don't know, but the pubs will run dry before I change my mind on them being related.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 7:05pm

I start to sneeze a lot just before a hit is going to start. Also the leaking like a tap right eye and then the shadow starts, and that is the deciding point on running to the o2 or not.

I have through trial and error found my "window"! I also agree the sneezing is related to CH's.

During a cycle, I can easily go though a roll of tissue (yes TP) each day, all from my CH side.
Hope this helps you with your question.

Barry Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:23pm

I sneeze a lot too. Only thing that helps me with it is my Zyrtec. *hugs it and pets it*

Eta: I did have it reccomended to me to try nasal saline solutions...that can help clean out any pollens / allergens, but I doubt that'll help if it's CH related.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:24pm by Pixie-elf »  

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Blue_eyes
CH.com Junior

One day at a time

Minneapolis, MN.
Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 6:05pm

I have allergies therefor I sneeze a lot I don't recall them ever giving me a hit. Everyone is different though.

Blue_eyes  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 6:32pm

Blue_eyes wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 6:05pm:
I have allergies therefor I sneeze a lot I don't recall them ever giving me a hit. Everyone is different though.

I think Chris was meaning that he gets the sneezes just before a hit, not that sneezing causes his hit.

I do not mean either that when I get a sneeze that I am going to get a hit, but when they are the multiple, burning and blast your side of your face off type sneeze then I know a hit is about to happen, for me anyways.

Good also to keep a log or diary of your cycle and it's patterns, like triggers, time of day ect.

We are always learning on our journey with CH's. PF wishes.

Barry

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Ellick
CH.com Veteran

ET found here.

x1|Aylesbury|UK
Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 9:11am

I.ve just copied this post from my reply on 'I thought it was over' topic because it's seems more relevant on this one.

I've come to think that the face and head pain is the extreme end manifestation of a condition thats with us all the time.
I've had clusters since I was a child, so something like 45-50 years or more. They haven't been there all the time and have varied a great deal. I've been episodic for about the last 15 years.
I get a lot of sneezing fits and sudden blocked up nasal passages. My eyes also water in a puff of breeze. There has never been much of a reason for this. I also have some asthma from time to time which again doesn't seem to have a bearing on anything.
I also have problems focussing and my mind wanders around a lot. When I was a kid I was always told I had my head in the clouds even though I seem to be able to understand difficult concepts which now has me labelled as intelligent.
I might be wrong but I think if you have clusters, they are there all the time and the worst end of them is the pain. In my view the rest are symptoms which are related to timing and histamines in some way.
In that way you can get hit in one offs. That happened to me more when I was a child.
I wish you all freedom from the pain and a cure round the corner.

Ellick

ET

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!