Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New year, new cycle (Read 1750 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
New year, new cycle
Jan 10th, 2009 at 5:27am

Ok, here it is: cycle 2009.

Ever since New Year's Eve I've got hit every day and most nights. Not my favourite way to begin the new year, but here it is anyway.

I have plenty of energy drinks in stock, caffeine tabs and I bought more energy chewing gum yesterday. So, ch away!

Here's to PF days,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Re: New year, new cycle
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 5:47am

Sanna, I'm really sorry the beast is back.
Smiley

Oliver

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 6:04am

Thank you so much, Oliver.  Smiley

I was hoping myself that ch is just bugging me for fun and will vanish just like that, but that bugger has just stayed. Still, I'm hoping for a short visit!

Sanna

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 6:53am

May this be a very short cycle for you Sanna, PF wishes being sent as we speak. Kick his ass!!!! Wink

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

pattik
CH.com Alumnus

Wisconsin, USA
Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 8:25am

Sanna,
I'm sorry to hear you're having to deal with this again, but you're a veteran, and it sounds like you're as ready as anyone could be.  You might want to try the ginger tea again too.  And if ice packs work for you on the back of your head and neck, they can really help at night when you may want to lay off the caffeine.  
Wishing you the shortest cycle ever.
~Pat

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 8:31am

Smiley        Cry

Love ya,
Jackie

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 8:41am

I'm sorry to hear you're getting hit again, Sanna.   Cry

I hate this stuff--and I hate what it does to good people.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:27am

Sanna, I'm right here with you!  Mine began about 4 nights ago.

Wanna be cycle buddies?  lol

hugs,
Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 12:49pm

Kick his ass Sanna!!!
I'm sorry it wasn't just a blip...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 1:07pm

Hope it's a short & easy cycle for you, Sanna!

Sending hugs and positive vibes!

debs

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 12:52am

I'm as pathetic as you Sanna, I assume every remission is the LAST one and they'll NEVER come back......here's hoping you catch a short and easy cycle. Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 7:43am

Sanna I'm sorry to hear that the beast hasn't lost your address  Smiley Kiss

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 10:08am

Thanks guys! I'm as ready as possible.

The beast did show some compassion - I didn't get hit during my friend's party last night (I did carry enough energy drinks for an army just in case!).

Barry, I plan to kick the beast in the ass! Smiley

Joe, I don't think that I will ever grow out of hoping that ch will not return. I call myself optimist after all...  Smiley

Mel, let's be cycle buddies! Smiley Let's fight this thing together! Smiley I hope that this will be a short cycle for the both of us.

Pat, thank you for the reminder. I have ginger tea the cupboard. Let's see what the beast likes it this time around!

PF days to us all,
Sanna

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #13 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:42pm

Sanna,

I'm sorry you're back in cycle.   I sure hope the beast leaves you soon, honey.  Hugs to you!   You too Mel!!!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #14 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 2:28pm

Thank you, Jeannie! Smiley

PF days to us all,
Sanna

IP Logged

Melane
CH.com Newbie

Thank You CH.com!

Philadelphia, PA
Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 9:39am

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. This is my first post but I have been a episodic CH for many years. I too began another episode on New Years day 2009. Last episode was Dec/Jan 2006. This is typical for me episodes subside for years at a time and just when I think I've kicked it for good the beast returns.
     Ok, so the last few episodes have been morphing each time. Usually Prednisone 5 days kicked the cycle. However last episode Prednisone 5 days and the beast returned in force, so a 10 day Prednisone kicked it. Now with this episode the beast has once again changed. I have intense radiating pain in other areas of my head besides the temple, Pain below my eye, behind my ear, and a very very sore neck. Prednisone 10days did nothing and now I'm on Verapamil which is finally working to relieve the sharpness & intensity but I now have what I would classify as a typical migraine nearly 24hrs a day and no pain meds seem to help.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Ice/pressure does work for me, to help numb the pain but the beast persisting is quite worrisome. HELP.

IP Logged

aj
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Portland Oregon
Reply #16 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 7:14pm

My current cycle started on the third.  Seems there's some sort of planetary alighment cursing us all this year!  At least it hit in january; last cluster was December of 2005, starting the day after Thanksgiving.  it sucks to have to spend the holidays sober and worried about getting hit.

Melane, I have the same issues.  For 15 years, mine come every 18 to 36 months, and every time what worked last time seems to work differently or not as well the next.  So far tho, Verapamil and Prednisone have been best for me to lessen their frequency and intensity.  Abortives keep changing on me.  Imitrex, Cafergot, Malalt: I sort of cycle through them as my insureence will pay and hope they work.  Usually, I have to take slight overdoeses of them to get any effect.  The last thing to try is O2, which I'm going to try to get in order so that next cycle, I can try it  Anyway, the best suggestion I can make is to during this cycle, make a lot of notes of exactly what you're taking and how it seems to be working, and how long the cluster lasts, etc, so that next time it hits in a year or two, you can quickly pick up where you left off.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!