Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well, I feel bad...(Venting.) (Read 1334 times)
Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Well, I feel bad...(Venting.)
Jan 7th, 2009 at 10:55pm

My Aunt is mentally ill (severe depression. She's had it all of her life, and is disabled due to it.) and has been very concerned over my clusters and all.

Earlier I snapped at her.

I was having one and she kept fretting about how she was worried about me and wished she could do something and just couldn't stand it... And that she felt bad for me.

And I just snapped.

I know she's worried because she loves me, but my God! I can handle this, I've fought off plenty of things, and although this is OMG HORRIBLE... I can deal.

I know I shouldn't have snapped at her, but, I've told her repeatively not to worry, I'm doing okay. Right now she's so sick that she's obsessing over this... So while I should be patient and file it under 'She is ill' I just can't stand it.

I hate for people to worry over me. I hate people hovering over me like I'm about to fall and break. And most of all, I hate pity.

I've accepted that I have this disease, I know my family can't accept it so easily... but I've learned from so many years of being ill that the harder I try to deny something, the worse it is on me.

I apologized to her, and told her I'm sorry that I snapped... She apologized for frustrating me.

I just wish this disease didn't take so damned much from my family. Take all you want from me, but leave them out of this, you fucking bastard beast. They've had to witness godawful things due to my health over the years... they don't need you making it worse!

I hate the beast so much for this. I hate it for inflicting harm on them. It's not fair that they have to go through THIS hell on top of all of the other shit they've had to deal with. They've witnessed me die. They've witnessed me in near-death states multiple times, not knowing if I'd make it... And now, they have to witness me in such severe pain I can barely stand it...

Sorry about this, I just needed to vent.

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Well, I feel bad...(Venting.)
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 11:04pm

2 daughters, now 24 and 22. a wife who's been with me almost 29 years...yeah...I've snapped at all 3. It happens. Pisses me off too in hind sight. Be nice if we were all supermen..and women.......and didn't get phased by these...sad fact is we're all human. Feel your frustration .........sometimes it just sucks. Love ya.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 11:32pm

I feel for your frustration...it sucks....

I, too, don't want pity- I just want understanding.  And space to writhe.

My man makes me so mad for the same reason; he sees me in pain, and gets all sad and upset for me; it got so bad that now HE is having severe panic attacks that leave HIM completely helpless.  It's like, "thank a lot!  I have to deal with this shite, and NOW I have to f@cking take care of YOU too!"

and he has the GALL to be mad at ME for snapping at him once in a while.

I wouldn't worry too much about snapping at her...I mean, JEEBUS, can't we "snap" once in a while?!?  Cheesy

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 11:33pm

That gives me an idea...how about a support group where instead of being all lovey-dovey, you get together and treat each other like sh!t for halpf an hour!!!  Grin  I can tell you, with all the emotional babysitting I have to do around MY family, that would do me a whole WORLD o'good.  Wink

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 1:42am

Mystina, Do not , I repeat, DO NOT beat yourself up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are certain things we simply cant control. If you read enough on here, you find the random sufferer who has very little or NO family to "snap at". Thank the good lord for the blessings he gives you, and DO NOT dwell on the negative. I know its easier said than done. Remeber, THIS is the place to vent, we can take it! You can P.M. me anytime and cuss me out all you want!!!!! Good luck, and remember, if you are mad at the beast,,,, your still winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 2:35am

Yeah- I'll PM you my phone number...I'll pretend to be your aunt and you can cuss me out!!

(as long as we switch and I get to pretend you're my mother!!!  Grin )

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 12:30pm

Thanks guys, I do feel better now. I love you all. <3

I've gotta go babysit now. At least there's no danger of me snapping at either of my nephews, as they leave me the hell alone when I'm having a hit.  Cheesy The 4 year old will come up and ask me if my eye is going to open up again anytime soon, though. Or try to get a fan or something else he feels will 'help' his Yumi feel better. The 1 and a half year old just wants to make sure 'MINE' is okay.

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 5:15pm

Aw sweetie...    Smiley Smiley Smiley

When these things first started, I used to try to talk to Gary when he was getting hit.  That never worked out well.  Grin  Fortunately, I found this site, got advice from everyone: don't talk to him when he's getting hit.  But that's not something HE ever asked for - and it was great advice for both of us!

I'm glad you two made up.  But have you actually told everyone you just need to be left alone?  There are ways to do it without upsetting anyone - just make sure you're not getting hit when you decide to do it.   Wink

And if you have?  Well....  don't fret about snapping.  The beast is the bitch, not you.   Smiley

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 8:52pm

I was doing dishes with Andrea tonight and shadowing pretty heavy.  You know, sometimes we just continue to push when we should stop and deal with things.

Anyway, I snapped at one of my little ones.  Andrea put me in my place double quick.  It ain't my little one's fault.  It ain't my fault either. 

I spent some quality time with my tank and gave Emma a quick hug and an appology later which smoothed it over.

Sometimes we lash out and don't even realize the words have left our mouths.  It's reflex and a result of frustration with the pain.  Some poor soul just has to give a focus for that frustration and BAM!  It's out before we can stop it.

Don't beat yourself up...  The fact that it bothers you says enough about who you really are.

(((HUGS)))

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 9:45pm

I've had to remind my daughters when "Dads being an not a very nice person" that it really isn't him. I feel bad because I know he hates himself when he has been cranky or mean. It's part of my job as a supporter though to know when to hold my tongue and just understand. You know....

Know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Ok I guess that song popped into my head, that happens. Wink

At any rate, sounds like you smoothed it out with your aunt. And to all the sufferers, remember we do love you, even when you're mean!  Smiley

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 12:44am

Thank you guys, all of you for your support.

I have talked with them about how I usually want to be alone during them, but due to my aunt's illness, it's not easy for her to let things go like that. If something is REALLY bothering her, she'll say it. We have the same psychiatrist, I found him, loved him, she started to use him too... So I'm going to talk with him about it, because I can tell this is affecting her worse than the rest of my family.

They usually do leave me alone, but it's getting harder for her to do it because of her illness. They also do sometimes try to comfort me. (I tell them when they CAN touch me during it, usually.)

Oh god, my brain is FRIED right now. I'm trying not to fall over and drool all over the keyboard.

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!