Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eye pain (Read 679 times)
Roy
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Eye pain
Jan 5th, 2009 at 9:44am

I have been pf for a few weeks now. I stopped the 02 but am continueing the verapamil. My question is :
since no pain I have been experiencing eye acheing in the opposite side and eye tearing a lot. a few times every day. What is this a sign of ???? is this " Shadows " ??????????

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: Eye pain
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 12:51pm

Hey Roy,

I'm glad to hear the beast is giving you a break.

Any time my symptoms change significantly I go talk to my Neurologist.  I think symptoms showing up on the previously unaffected eye qualify as something that deserves a closer look.

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Tyson
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 12:31am

I get something similar about every 5 years that I call "Jumpers."  The CHA's start on my right side and then JUMP to the left where they become much more severe.  I then have to deal with a full episode on the other side....which is what I am doing right now.

It sounds like if this is what you are experiencing, it is being controlled by the Verapamil.

Good luck!  I have rarely heard mention of the "Jumpers" on this sight.  Let me know if you find anything that helps.

IP Logged

hefty
CH.com Newbie

Supporter of growly

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 5:27am

My husband John (growly) gets those too and they tend to come in a bunch. These are maybe 25% of his. Like Tyson, they tend to be nastyones when they move to the left and have real staying power. However, the kip 9-10s on the right don't tend to switch sides. Well, nice to know we're all normal  Wink

Now we'll be calling them 'jumpers' (though in australian lingo that's what you'd be calling a 'sweater'...).

Lisa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!