Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sore scalp? (Read 4914 times)
miikkee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

st thomas,ontario,canada
sore scalp?
Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:45am

hi everyone

does anyone else have a sore scalp,  like someone had tried to pull your hair out.  I have had this on my cluster side and it moved to the top of my head and now it is gone. 

Havent had a headache in 3 weeks,the verapamil is working for me.

Could this be a sign the cluster period is over,its been 9 weeks Smiley

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: sore scalp?
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:49am

miikkee wrote on Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:45am:
Havent had a headache in 3 weeks,the verapamil is working for me.

Dunno about the sore scalp, Miikkee, but I can feel a happy-dance coming on!!!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 9:50am

I get a sore scalp after many nasty hits......sore to touch, even the water from the shower hurts it!

I actually had soreness last week, as I was attempting AGAIN to stop my meds, and the beast was attempting to break through....but back on meds and it's all good once again!

Sure hope you will be doing the "happy dance"!!

debs

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 11:13am

Part of the reason for a sore scalp may be due to cutaneous allodynia.  It's one of the cluster headache symptoms although it's more common in migraines.

The following link from the 45th Meeting of the American Headache Society reports on tests done at Jefferson that provide a few more details:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take Care,
V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 11:25am

My scalp was sore, too, but I was breaking out like a %$#! teenager, even on my scalp, so I was thinking it was associated with that... Cheesy

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

miikkee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

st thomas,ontario,canada
Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 11:54am

thx everyone

scalp was tender not painful

Also got a call from my doctor today,my ct scan was normal.
That takes a load off!

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 2:13pm

good news about your CT scan.

better news that you haven't had a hit in 3 weeks.  Check with your Doc about tapering off the Verapamil.  Just don't rush it.  rebound hits are a mutha.

I get the sore scalp thing as well.  Feels like a bad burn on my head.

PFD's
                                  JPC

IP Logged

livin on pins
CH.com Newbie

Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 7:16pm

i have long hair and after almost every attack whenever its moves my scalp hurts, lol i tell people my hair hurts, they get a kick out of it

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 8:23pm

My hair is sore to touch. Not enough for me to worry about, but definitely a big discomfort.

If I place my open hand over my whole scalp area, my top of my head feels like pins and needles and sore as I touch it.

I am in full cycle, hair hurts and my right eye is a leaking tap. My right sinus is doing it's thing and other than that I am doing ok, can live with these, but the best news for me is no hits today at all! Just some of the effects instead. Huh

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 10:29pm

I get a sore scalp when im in the shadows for sure, Almost feels like that swollen gushy feeling around your ankle when you tweak it best way to describe it.  Speaking of shadows, Anyone else notice a change in their inbetween hit times?  for some reason my shadows have been rough this cycle also noticing eye staying red and continuing to droop while inbetween hits, weird never have had this happen with any other cycle. Would love to hear some input,
Thanks again,
Brian

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
briantrud briantrud briantrud  
IP Logged

bigmenawa
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boaz, Alabama
Reply #10 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 10:26pm

after about 7-8 hits there is a place behind my left ear, ch side, that gets realy sore and will stay that way until the cycle is over.  other than that one spot, my scalp feels numb and like something is crawling under my scalp.  this little event takes place everyday all day after i have a hit at night and that is when mine occur.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!