Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fala la la la la la la la (Read 1627 times)
brian trudeau
CH.com Junior

his arms are around me
and his tounge in my
eye

Kinde, MI USA
Fala la la la la la la la
Dec 31st, 2008 at 6:08am

Hello All,
Has not been a Happy Holiday around my house.  Been getting alot of hits this cycle and am starting to get alot of crap at work because of them. Im still going in, but im like a zombie due to lack of sleep, concentration, and the simple fact that busting this cycle is my #1 priority right now. Any helpful information on how to deal with crap from work about these?? for pete's sake I work in a hospital and you would think they would have a little compasion. Daily I hear from people about how they "get headaches too" I tell them you dont understand mine are nothing like yours and they give you that look like stop being such a baby. Would love to hear from anyone with information on the best way of dealing with your workplace while in a cycle.
Wishing all a PF2009
BT

...but then you make me crawl..and I cant be holding on to what you got...when all you got is hurt...
briantrud briantrud briantrud  
IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Re: Fala la la la la la la la
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 6:13am

How about showing them the colleague letter ( Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ) and Chuck's video ( Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register ).
That migh open their eyes (and minds).

Oliver

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 6:20am

You're already on the CH Specific board, mate, so just scroll down a bit and look for "Dopiest Responses".

It won't solve your problem, but it might suggest that you're not alone.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sheena.t
CH.com Newbie

If it aint broke why fix
it

SW England (UK)
Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:03am

The only way anyone understood the kinda pain was when they saw it happening. That goes for everyone, friends, family, workmates etc.
I've been told many times that they were frightened by the experience and it scared the bejeeezez out of them. They all said then that they can appreciate the beast now... Maybe a video will help? Smiley
sheena

Maddoglady and proud   ! ! !

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:22am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sheena.t
CH.com Newbie

If it aint broke why fix
it

SW England (UK)
Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:54am

AussieBrian wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:22am:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

OMG!!! thanks for the link Brian, I will be keeping this to show to those who haven't seen me 'dancing' and shrug me off as a neurotic female with a low threshold of pain. Smiley
They speak of a documentary on CH, does anyone know who first aired it and where I can get a copy of it???
sheena

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 8:00am

sheena.t wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:54am:
They speak of a documentary on CH, does anyone know who first aired it and where I can get a copy of it???
sheena

Check out Justin's homepage Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Oliver
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2008 at 8:01am by gizmo »  

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:01am

sheena.t wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:03am:
The only way anyone understood the kinda pain was when they saw it happening. That goes for everyone, friends, family, workmates etc.
I've been told many times that they were frightened by the experience and it scared the bejeeezez out of them.

That was my experience too.  I had printed out and given family and friends the letter, none of them understood and kinda dismissed it until they saw me get hit. 

pf wishes to you Brian.

Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #8 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:12am

Kind wishes everyone, and I meant well, but please accept I've never been able to watch the video myself. (I just knew where to find it.)

Truth is that I'm happy to be just a CHead, because I'd never be able to handle it as a supporter.

IP Logged

sheena.t
CH.com Newbie

If it aint broke why fix
it

SW England (UK)
Reply #9 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 10:30am

AussieBrian wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:12am:
Truth is that I'm happy to be just a CHead, because I'd never be able to handle it as a supporter.

I'm with you on that Brian, I think I'd be the one looking down my nose at the sufferer with the comment 'it's just an act'!!! or 'what a drama queen'!!! which is what I imagine people say about me. Smiley
sheena

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #10 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 11:30am

Hi Brian,

That "colleague letter" worked wonders where I work.  I also printed out the opening screen on this
website.
     I told everyone that I wasn't looking for sympathy, but just wanted them to know what was going on if
had to go through a hit at work.
     Pretty much all that read it were shocked and very supportive.

PFD's
                                              JPC 

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:03pm

I feel for you, man...it's so frustrating when the people who SHOULD get it DON'T.  Both of my sisters get horrible migraines, and I thought they would be sympathetic....nope.  Angry

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Fenton
CH.com Newbie

I love my family

Woodward Oklahoma
Reply #12 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 4:49pm

i work in the oilfield not a one of them give a rats rump.....

Just enjoying life anyway!!!!!
papa_fenton@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!