Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Message Board virgin and clusterhead (Read 3176 times)
Mark M
CH.com Newbie

Southington, CT  USA
Message Board virgin and clusterhead
Dec 26th, 2008 at 6:51pm

Let me start this by saying that this is my first post on any message board....ever.  I'm not even sure I did it right.  With that said...I'm going to break down and post something for the first time.  I'm a CLUSTERHEAD and it SUCKS.  I'm 35 and been a CH since I was 17.  I've been pain free for 5 years and actually thought the demon was gone for good until Christmas Eve when it hit me at 11:00 PM when my wife and I were putting presents under the tree.  They were BACK....out of nowhere....they were back like a bear awakening from hibernation.  It was surreal and for the past 2 nights I've been doing the dance for over 2 hours at a clip.  In the past, I punched a punching bag until by knuckles bled but this time I just prayed that none of my three boys inherit this weight..this burden.  I've visited this website for years....not registering because I thought somehow I'd be giving in to the beast.  Well....I'm in now....and am regretfully grateful that you guys are out there.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2008 at 11:05am by Mark M »  

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Message Board virgin and clusterhead
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 6:57pm

Welcome home!.....sorry you have to be here!

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 7:02pm

And welcome home. Pull up a chair, get comfortable, and there's no need to explain yourself. You're amonst friends now who really do understand what you're going through, from the inside.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 8:55pm

...and no one HERE will tell you to take aspirin, or go lie down, or meditate, or that it's all in your head!!!  Cheesy

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 2:40am

glad you decided to post mark. my cycles are spread out over a few years too and last year they were at christmas time. instead of drinking hot chocolate by the fire enjoying some warm conversation with family and friends i was hanging out in my cold van, screaming and huffing o2.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 9:22am

Welcome Mark.

I too got the special holiday visitor. It's been a nice light cycle so far though.

You got your abortives all lined up yet? If it's been that long I'm guessing you're under-weaponized.

Get that call into the doc right away for a prescirption of O2.
It would have good chance of cutting that 2 hours into less than 10-15 minutes.

Best regards - and hang in there.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

Mark M
CH.com Newbie

Southington, CT  USA
Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 10:15am

Way under weaponized.  I've been scrounging through the cabinets only to find some Amerge that expired in '05.  That never really worked anyway.  I'm going to the Cowboy/Eagles game tomorrow with some freinds tomorrow.....they are in for a rude awakening at the hotel unless I can get a hold of my doc.  Believe it or not, I never went the O2 route.  Definitely going to now.

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 10:23am

Mark,

As an intractable daily chronic I can tell you that high flow O2 therapy has been my savior. Read the O2 threads, they are a wealth of info.

Need help, just ask!

Best,

Roland. Wink

IP Logged

david martin
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 11:15am

Hello! I too use 02. It works for me. It has cut the Imitrex injections way down. Its got to be 100% 02, no nose thing and at least 10 to 15 litters.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #9 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 1:52pm

Mark M wrote on Dec 27th, 2008 at 10:15am:
Way under weaponized.  I've been scrounging through the cabinets only to find some Amerge that expired in '05.  That never really worked anyway.  I'm going to the Cowboy/Eagles game tomorrow with some freinds tomorrow.....they are in for a rude awakening at the hotel unless I can get a hold of my doc.  Believe it or not, I never went the O2 route.  Definitely going to now.

be firm with your doctor about the o2. don't leave his office with out a prescription. twist his arm around his back and make him say "uncle" if you have too.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #10 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 3:59pm

welcome Mark

Sorry the MF had to come back to visit you.

good luck with the O2.   Worked for me.

PFD's
                             JPC

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 4:22pm

Another strong vote for the 02 here. Additionally, you may want to ask about a preventative medication. One you take daily, while on cycle, to reduce the number and intensity of your hits. I use lithium, other popular prevents are verapamil and topomax. Might help cut down the number of hits you're suffering.

Welcome home, sorry he found your adddress again.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mark M
CH.com Newbie

Southington, CT  USA
Reply #12 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 10:40pm

Doc porked me.  I haven't seen him in 5 years and he's itching for a visit & $.  That and he thought I was hunting for narcotics even though I told him I just wanted triptans.  All I got out of him was some Maxalt dissolves.....they used to work but only if I catch it at the first glimpse.  He's down with the O2 but I have to go see him to give him my schpeal and justify the script.....plus he wants the $ for the visit.  We'll see.....

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #13 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 10:54pm

There's still alternatives:

a.) A complete O2 rig can be built from welders' gear. Details available here.

b.) Take his children hostage.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #14 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 6:19am

Another vote for the O2.  

Oh and welcome to Clusterville.

Load up on Red Bull (at the first sign of a hit) and Melatonin at night (to keep the demon away so ya can get some sleep).

Hope this is a short cycle and you get another 5 years without him..

Hugs BD

PS - I'm a die-hard "Cowboy's" fan, so you know who I'll be rooting for today... Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2008 at 6:21am by BarbaraD »  

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 12:29pm

Mark, sorry you're back but glad you found us. The same thing happened to me last spring after a more or less 4 year remission.

I have a few generic Canadian Imitrex tabs left from my last cycle and I'll be happy to send you some, don't have many left but until you can get your oxygen going it might just get you through a night or two.

If you're interested, PM me with your address and I'll send them.

Hang in there.
David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!