Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ready to cut my head off (Read 2212 times)
Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ready to cut my head off
Dec 19th, 2008 at 7:51am

Oh god the things that have happened this week! My Grandma died of throat cancer. And since I have been trained from early on not to cry because it makes my asthma flare up I slept for 4 days and when I got up I got a hit that literally knocked my on the floor screaming and crying and wanting to die. That was 3 days ago. I have called my headache doc and she said I had to ride it out. Ride it out!!!! Good thing I wasnt there I would have punched her in the eye! So the hit comes and goes and my record is 17 in one day and I cant do anything. I cant leave the house, I cant clean up, nothing. And my O2 stopped working and my Imitrex stopped working and my husband wont take me to the ER and I can barely see the phone or the computer screen. So I am ready to cut my head off or hang myself in the garage. Everyone is refusing treatment and no one here cares. This is cruel and unusual punishment and I cant take it anymore. AW shit here comes another one. Sophia Cry Angry Shocked

IP Logged

Jill
CH.com Alumnus

"Life is a series of goodbyes
and hellos" Billy J.

Sweden
Re: Ready to cut my head off
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:05am

Hi there Sophia,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma and about your head misbehaving. I am sure that some others will come along with some more advice for you and support.

I just wanted to make sure that you know that you are not alone and have people here that do understand and that will try to help. Can you try the energy drinks? Many have found that they are quick to get to, easy to find and work pretty well. I find that on my worse days, it can atleast lower the pain scale which is a help when attacks come back to back.

Also you might try ice or heat, maybe that can ease some of the pain. I am hoping that some others will know some at home things that can help... I just know of caffeine really.

It is very hard when meds all of a sudden start to fail, been there done that. I do not know much about oxygen as it does not work for me but others do. Any ideas guys?

I can say that I know how hard it is to get through days when the attacks are coming fast furious. You have to find something to hold onto because, believe it or not, you do have that strength inside of you to keep fighting.

And one last thought, if your husband is hesitant to help or take you to the ER than bring him to this site and see if that helps. Has he seen the full blown attack? I know that some do not believe that our pain is that bad... that is hard and I am not sure how to solve that completely but to find someone else that can take you if need be.

Please please keep fighting and come here when you need some help or support. You can always post to me or send me an email.

And here are hugs to you.Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Jill

PS I want to hit the doctors hard when they say that to me too.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:07am by Jill »  

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
WWW Worldshots2003 FarmerGJill  
IP Logged

DeathsHead
CH.com Newbie

"i do not know what i
do not know" wittgenstein

Living in a nightmare
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 10:37am

so sorry to hear about your grandmother.  

sophia where are you?  if you're in northern nj or NY border, we'll come and get you and take you to the ER.  if you're in Chicago, we'll have my mom come get you.  pm me or garys_girl and we'll call or get you our number.

has paroxysmal hemicrania been ruled out? (have you ever taken indomethican?) 17 hits is a LOT.  my god this sucks.

if you haven't yet, take jills sugestion and TRY CAFFEINE.  i hate red bull and energy drinks but used to use as many as 45+ shots of espresso in a day and used as many as 10 teaspoons per glass of instant coffee.

this is no imediate relief but its otc at health food store - kudzu. your husband can at least get that? i got relief on day 2. it brought down freqency and intensity of hits - at least more bearable but was hell on my stomach.

all my best, gg
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:18am by DeathsHead »  

They should change the death penalty from lethal injection to "life" with med-resistant chronic cluster headaches (with no 02 or other abortives).
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:24am

I was like that before I started using DHE. The dam trex stopped working and was the cause of the plethora of attacks. I know this may sound dumb but if you can bear to leave the trex alone the hit count should go down dramatically. Better to have a few untreated hits than to be incapacitated 24/7. I also found that excessive trex use was making the O2 fail for me.

Why won’t your hubby take you to the ER???? They can give you a DHE push there and it usually gives at least two days relief…

(((HUGS)))

Roland. Smiley

PS; Sorry about you grandma, my condolences to your family. Sad
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:47am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:26am

Gary, I think she lives in Copenhagen.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #5 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:27am

Sophia - what about just calling 911?  Roland's got great advice.

As to the kudzu, if you're on verapamil you shouldn't take it.  Kudzu acts at least partially like a calcium channel blocker, so the two drugs can have bad interaction.

I'm so sorry about your grandmother.   Smiley

Hoping you find some relief soon,

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:29am

Hang in there Sophia.

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time of it.

I can't add much to what has already been suggested but I'm pullin for ya.

Let us know if there is anything we can do

PFD's
                                   JPC

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #7 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:29am

Jimi wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:26am:

Then I guess we can't help that way.  I hope they have a 911 equivalent. 

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #8 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:40am

Hi Sophia - whenever things get especially tough, please just sit down at your computer and write to us. We'll all write back. You're among people who understand and sympathize.

I can't add anything in the way of concrete medical suggestions to anything that's been said - these guys know a lot more than I do and there's some great advice here!

We're all pulling for you. Tell us more, please.

Your Friend
David

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:59am

Sophia,

Love and prayers are headed your way, honey.  Please hang in there.  You can do this.   An ambulance may be your best bet.  Please check in and let us know how you are.

Sorry about your Grandma Cry

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 12:11pm

Sophia, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.  My condolences for your loss.

Quote:
They can give you a DHE push there and it usually gives at least two days relief…

I don't know what the situation is in Denmark, but Svenn has told me that DHE is not available in Norway. 

Sophia--this is out of control.  Whatever it takes, you must get to the ER.  I suppose that you may be able to weather this on your own, but attacks that frequent and severe are far beyond what you or anyone else can be expected to endure.  Go.  Call the ambulance, call a cab, do whatever you have to do to get there.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 1:58pm

Jimi wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:26am:

Yeah, she's in Denmark.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 5:15pm

My god, I can't believe her husband won't help her.  Give me three minutes in a dark room with him, and you bet yer ASS he'll be rushing to the ER.  Angry

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #13 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 7:26pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, and hope things get better for you. =(

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #14 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 2:21pm

I think I found something that helps me. I found it by accident. I have had pnumonia since last November and had 2 bouts of food poisoning as well so I stopped eating except for one meal a day so I could take my medication. I drank whatever I could see thru that was not alcohol and nursed my cursed pnumonia which I still have and I started losing weight. Now I realize many of you do not have weight problems but I do and it is a biggie. I have lost about 20 pounds and I am still going because food makes me gag. My headaches are improving. I am down from 17 a day to about 13 and still dropping. My hope is that by the time I am at my supposed healthy weight I will be headache free. If not and I am still sick I will not eat until the headaches are gone. This is now a fight to the death. I am tired of being sick all the time. Either the headaches die, the pnumonia dies, the depression dies, or I do. I will walk, fast, drink healthy things, be with healthy people, pester my doctors until I cant and then I stop. My goodness this is too much for anyone to take. How do you all cope?

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 3:55pm

Sophia,  please check your PM's.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!