Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Did any of you feel worse during your "indo test". (Read 1303 times)
katjac
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Did any of you feel worse during your "indo test".
Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:26pm

and if you did, did anything help to make you feel better?

This medicine has me so dizzy and generally kind of loopy feeling, also super quesy and my head almost feels worse.

Does it get better each day you take it?  I'm not going to be able to handle two weeks of this...I know I have to but it will not be easy.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Did any of you feel worse during your "indo test".
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:46pm

I'm sorry I can't help as I've never taken it before.   I do hope you're feeling better soon though!   Smiley

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:57pm

Sometimes side effects go away after a few days.  I'm hoping this is the case for you.

Hang in there...
Jackie

IP Logged

ANNSIE
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Hello, sorry to hear you are feeling bad.

If by "indo test" you mean a trial of indomethacin, an anti-inflammatory, to see if you have other forms of headaches rather than CH, then you should report any adverse effects to your doctor.

Indomethacin, similar to other anti-inflammatories, can cause a variety of side effects, the most common being tummy pain, and it affects different people differently. However, dizzyness and feeling loopy are not commonly reported so you should check back with your doctor.

Hope you get better soon, painfree wishes to you and yours.

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 5:19pm

My indo test was much like yours.  I was also on Prednasone, not a taper just a flat dose/ at the same time which ended the CH attacks.

I was dizzy and off balance all the time.  Tummy was fine but I have pretty much an iron gut.  Not sure if it was the indo/the pred/ or the combination of the two, but I had a different headache 24/7 during the trial.  It was like the filliment of an old antique lightbulb connected between my temples running behind my eyes, and in that line it would get hot and painful, then cool off.  Like a switch being turned on and off.
Doc realized his error and took me off the pred as well as the Indo.  The secondary headache ended but the CH was still there.  Another round of Pred, this time a real taper, failed.

Meds react to each of us differently.  Hang in there...and keep us posted with what is being tried, and what has or hasn't worked.  We are here to help in any way we can.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 5:36pm

Quote:
dizzyness and feeling loopy are not commonly reported

That was the only good thing about it 2 beers felt like a 6 pac. Grin

It worked for 3 days and killed the tummy... Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2008 at 5:37pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 5:41pm

Gary just recently did this.  The only side-effect was the HORRIBLE stomach pains and additional nausea.  He already takes protonix (40mg) 2x/day, but Doc prescribed an older drug for it - said it would "coat" the stomach and he should take it 1/2 hour before the indo.  It's called sucralfate.  It probably helped the problem be less than it was, but it still sucked for him.

Sorry to hear about the other problems!  Do contact Doc about it!

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #7 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:17pm

I took just one pill, broke out in hives. Then later on, began to puke until I puked up blood. (Most likely burst the cappilaries in my throat.)

It wasn't fun. My head hurt so much worse until that crap got out of my system.

eta: Oh yeah, and it irritated my lungs. Felt like there was a band wrapped around them. Not like my asthma, a different feeling. Not like pain from pleurasy or anaphylaxis.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:27pm by Pixie-elf »  

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #8 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:45pm

Indo made me nauseous the first couple of times I took it  .  The first day I got some visual auras and felt dizzy and sort of impaired.  After that , I didn't notice anything unusual.  I didn't do an indo 'test' though. Not sure what the test entails .   My neuro added that to my verap.

Kelly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!