Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New cycle, different symptoms (Read 531 times)
Turts
CH.com Hall of Famer

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight

x1|Sydney|Australia|australia|315|260|NSW,New_South_Wales
New cycle, different symptoms
Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:01am

Gday,
I have just returned after a 6mth parole from the beast!
This cycle started out just the same as all the others, however, as I enter week 2, things have started t change.

As a hit begins, at the same time of day as they always have, I feel the usual twinge behind the right eye, then suddenly, the headaches seems to run around the back of head. It feels like im wearing a tight hat. I seem to get more swelling at the back of me head than usual, and then I am almost overwhelmed with nausea.
I normally feel ill at the onset of a HA, kind of like overly hungry, sickness, however now the nausea is almost the main feature of the hit rather than the eye burning pain. I end up dry retching, never vomiting, but definately retching.
Is this a migraine aswell or what?
Confused and tired already.

Saw a Dr today to get a sickday certificate, she knew nothing about CH and wondered why my BP was so high, ITS BECAUSE of dealing with DRs like YOU!

Anyway, some may know, I live near Annette in Sydney Aust. and intend on seeing her tomorrow for my first meet and greet and to see a Dr who knows about CH

Turts

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: New cycle, different symptoms
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 11:56am

Dear Turts:

It sounds to me, (not a doctor of course), like a mixed headache.  The tight hat band sensation is classic of a muscle tension headache.  My clusters can nauseate me badly when they are Kip 8-10.  I use a phenergan suppository to fight that nausea.

When you see Annette, please send her my very best!

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!