Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help Please I'm hurting (Read 881 times)
mathieulives
CH.com Junior

San Francisco, CA
Help Please I'm hurting
Dec 5th, 2008 at 3:14am

I have imitrex that is expired on feb 08 - can i take it. i'm in a new city and my doctor is 2000 miles away and i started my cylcle again and now i'm hurting so bad. Will it hurt me to take expired imitrex i know it works b/c its worked before, but its wasnt expired then please help please... thanks

mathieulives  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Help Please I'm hurting
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 3:26am

No doctor here but have used expired imitrex and it worked just fine. Hang in there. Cry

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

MrsT
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Diego, CA
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 5:34am

Don't worry!  Unless you stored your Imitrex in a med-unfriendly place (heat, humidity, light, etc.), no need to worry.  I started this cycle with Imitrex pills expired in Dec. 07, and I still wouldn't hesitate to use them 3 years from now.

IP Logged

gus411
CH.com Newbie

Thanks!!!

x0|stony point|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #3 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 1:29pm

Sorry this is late and I hope your hit is over by now. Just from my own expirence I had a 1 year old expired imitrex shot that I had in my truck different temps (Real hot and real Cold) I usedit it was better than the nothing I had. Try and find a number to the closest 24hr. pharmacy to you the pharmacist on hand will be able to tell you yes or no. And in all reality medicine in most cases doesnt go bad it just weakens with age. Next time I hope to be able to help sooner. Just a reminder I'm no doctor just been dealing with CH for a very long time and learning more and more each cycle.

IP Logged

MorDog
CH.com Junior

Not Again!

Wauseon, Ohio / USA
Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:35am

I too have used expired imitrex when I was in a pinch.  It still worked for me.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

IP Logged

lacuna
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 4:28am

Ive got expired Imitrex dating back to 2004 and I used it this cycle and it worked just fine.. I keep my stuff in a dark plastic bag, in a dark cool part of the house.  I was also told by my doctor that expired or not, it was ok to take it...

check this list of foods out..  you might be shocked at the amount of histimines in your diet, and histimine is a no no... so check the list out and you might want to work a diet plan.

Also, if you have sleep apnea,, get it diagnosed and get a CPAP machine to help you sleep at night, and all I can tell you is what worked for me,  and buddy, it made a huge difference in the severity and the leangth of the attacks as well as eliminating the secondary attack...for me the secondary attack im talking about is the one that I was getting after I got woke up at 5 am with the claw hammer to the head,, then I took the Imitrex injection, coffee, shower, and then pain gone, would go back to bed to try sleeping, only to get woke up by another nasty secondary attack within a couple hours....  the apnea was causing that, just not getting enough oxygen while sleeping...  but thats my take on it all...   

Be sure to keep a diary on all the food you eat and drink, and sleep patturns,,, how many times you wake up, that sort of stuff,,, it will help you later on to try and figure out some reduction in pain during your cycle..

Doug

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!