Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
first hit in 4 days (Read 380 times)
brian
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

first hit in 4 days
Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:32pm

I'm new to this board, but having found it a couple weeks ago I have become motivated to take another stab at really battling the beast.  Over the past 2 years I have collected a series of abortives that work relatively well and keep my relatively mild (5-10 per week) headaches in 'bearable' status.  I get at least partial relief nine out of ten times.

So, upon finding this site, I decided to take another stab at doing something more.  I am anti-pharmaceutical and after being prescribed lithium by my neuro I decided before going there I would try an alternate route.

I had a bottle of feverfew solution (supposed to help headaches...) lying about that my dad had given me, and have been taking three doses a day for the past week or so, and had been 4 days pain free until moments ago.  I've been feeling real optimistic about outrunning these things lately so I almost thought I had gotten off easy.

Well, I'll keep taking the feverfew for another week or so to see what happens.  If the pain returns, I will move on.  Right now, I'm just extremely thankful that I have a few options to turn to when I do get hit.  Relief is such a beautiful thing!

Blessings and PFDAN,
Brian
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:34pm by brian »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: first hit in 4 days
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 3:31am

Good luck with that, I hope you leave the beast in the dust!

If you don't........don't be too hesitant to try the lithium route. Has proven to be my silver bullet. I use 1200 mg a day while on cycle, doesn't 'dopey" me out, after a week or two I can hardly tell I'm on it. Blocks about 80-90% of my hits if I'm real strict with my triggers, booze, sleep cycles etc.

Hoping you've left him far behind you!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!