Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tank sizes (Read 653 times)
Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
Tank sizes
Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:24pm

I want to thank CH-HELL for posting my o2 question for me as I could not get online . I have yet another questions, well maybe more than one...
1.  Does anyone what know the height, width, and weight of the different tanks are: E, M, K, and T
2.know what a 240 or a LO tank is?
3. what p.s.i. = 15-25 lpm?
4. How to find a demand valve?
5. How to hook up an moisture bag?
I'm sorry for asking questions that I could probably find the answers for online, but I have very reduced acces to the internt. Would welcome any and all answers.
Thank all and to all a good night!!!! Wink
                                       p

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!
Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Tank sizes
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2008 at 10:07am

I'll take on # 3 and 4.

3.  PSI means pounds per square inch, a measure of how full your tank is.  LPM is the flow rate out of the mouth piece, in Liters Per Minute.  They are not directly related.

4.  Various manufacturers make them.  See the link below for the manufacturer of the one I use.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Wishing you well,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

itotka
CH.com Old Timer

Oxygen

Budapest|Solar System
Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 1:57am

1-2: Tank sizes
4: Google

PF,
Steve

WWW itotka  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #3 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 6:22pm

Ray wrote on Dec 5th, 2008 at 10:07am:
I'll take on # 3 and 4.

3.  PSI means pounds per square inch, a measure of how full your tank is.  LPM is the flow rate out of the mouth piece, in Liters Per Minute.  They are not directly related.

4.  Various manufacturers make them.  See the link below for the manufacturer of the one I use.

Wishing you well,

Ray

As to that PSI thing.... 2100 psi is default for a full tank of any size.  To abort CH, 15 litres per minute flow rate is suggested.  The "lpm" determines how quickly you use up the 02 in the tank.  Here's a calculator to show you approximately how long the various tank sizes last:

There are also smaller tanks.  Our med supply store calls them "Oxy-lite" tanks.  Don't know if that's an official moniker.  But they supply about 15 minutes of 02 in an emergency (Gary carried 2 around in a back back and kept an e-tank in the car).

The humidifier for delivery.  I can't find images or anything like Gary used on line.  The med supply store sold it to us.  It was like a medium-sized plastic cup with a special top on it.  It attached with a short, stiff tube to the 02 tank, and the flexible tube that normally goes on the 02 tank was plugged into the other side of it.

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!