Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 ? (Read 2079 times)
CH-HELL
Ex Member

O2 ?
Dec 3rd, 2008 at 5:30pm

Witch welders o2 tank is the best for in home?  Witch would be most cost effective? M, T..........Its not for me btw.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Re: O2 ?
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 6:27pm

I got a T tank through my local auto supply house. I signed a lease generated by them, but is actually held by Praxair, for $50. per year for the tank. I take the tank to any Praxair authorized outlet and swap it for a full one - $18.50 for the contents here in Bastrop, TX.

I chose the T size because it's the biggest readily available here. It holds roughly 13-14 E tanks worth of O2. Keep in mind that the pressure drops in the big tank, each time you fill a small tank. See Sharkboys thread – it has a lot of good info.

Feel free to call me about this. As you know, I’m filling my own smaller tanks and have great little emergency sized tank for my pickup - thanks to a certain act of kindness, Sir. (No, I didn't forget - it will happen)

Marc

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 7:55pm

I pay 26.00 for an M tank.   Anything bigger I couldn't lift as the welders supply place refuses to lift it into my car for me (OSHA or some such nonsense) 

I know....I am no help at all.   Grin

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 7:59pm

I own my tank. 250 cu.ft. K tank  35.00 bucks for a refill.
the bb

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 8:57pm

Thanks everyone,  like I siad its not for me all I have is E tanks from a med supply so welders tanks I have no clue about.  It sounds like the T tank is the way to go, for this person but I dont know I'll pass the info on.
  Phil Cool
P.S.  Is the T tank the largest?  Does any one have a list of tank sizes?

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:22pm

E  = 24 cu. ft of O2
M = 122 cu. ft. of O2
K = 250 cu. ft. of O2
T = 330 cu. ft. of O2 (The biggest readily available)

As Linda said, a person has to decide what they can lift/carry/transport.

Marc

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:28pm

Going bigger than the T would be liquid. Not hardly feasible for one person to use.
the bb

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:32pm

Quote:
Going bigger than the T would be liquid. Not hardly feasible for one person to use.
the bb

I have a question about cryogenic O2.. I thought I heard that you cant get more than 10-12 LPM from it?

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #8 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:49pm

Quote:
As Linda said, a person has to decide what they can lift/carry/transport.

Oh My!!!!!!!!!!! I am verklept.  Marc didn't call me LUINDA.  (He must be in a Texas haze or something)

Sorry all...carry on.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 9:50pm

Thanks guys.     BBz Im glad to see you around again,  I hope your doing better.
   Phil Cool

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:06pm

Thanks Phil, I fall down I get up. I was huggin my 02 tank and I am glad to be back.
Working with welders 02 for years I can tell ya a liquid tank can give ya all the volume and pressure you want with the right equipment. This would include a manifold,evaporator, and regulation that is required with liquid 02. You dont want to spend that much trust me.
the bb
Hi Luinda!!! Wink

IP Logged

MrsT
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

San Diego, CA
Reply #11 - Dec 3rd, 2008 at 10:54pm

Quote:
I own my tank. 250 cu.ft. K tank  35.00 bucks for a refill.

I'm jealous of how much everybody else is paying for O2.  $25-$30 for 80 cubic feet here............

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!