Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New "pseudo-cluster" ?!? (Read 1059 times)
UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
New "pseudo-cluster" ?!?
Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:21pm

Okay...so I'm in week 3 of clusterbusting a cycle- so far, almost 2 weeks without a cluster attack, and the almost constant migraines all but dissappeared, with only a mild one coming on in the evenings when I'm on the computer for a long time.
Now, 2 days ago this new lil' b@stard shows up: it's a deep, sharp, boring pain centered behind my right eye, feels like my browbone is trying to melt down onto my eyeball, eye is feeling "heavy" and a little droopy; but it hasn't peaked or valleyed- it has been a level 7 for two straight days now, and nothing will stop it!  But it's not making me particularly nauseous like my migraines do (unless I sit down at a computer, and then it feels like a migraine.)  It also hasn't switched sides at all.  Thoughts? Observations? Haikus?
Oh, and we tried vicodin last might...vicodin does NOT like me.  At all.  Roll Eyes

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Re: New "pseudo-cluster" ?!?
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:35pm

Are you light sensitive Radar? Sound sensitive? I had a lot of that crap before I started on the lithium. The one thing the lithium did a complete job on beating down for me.

I also do not get migraines any more. I just wish it could beat down the beast completely!

I guess you only get two birds with one stone in the cartoons. Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:35pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 10:19pm

radar your migraine symtoms are tyical of busting. thats about the same as what happened to me. i didn't follow   it through for weeks like you are doing, my dose lasted about 14 hours (tripping to the oldies). after my dose wore off i got hit with 3 45 minute long kip9s.  after that the rest of the day was a steady kip3. the first week the attacks were just as frequent but less severe and easier to control with o2. week 2 the attacks were weaker, less frequent and i was getting sleep. 3rd week i had maybe 3 kip5s and  some hard migraines.  at the end of the 3rd week i was drinking beer and off the o2.
i would say you almost got it busted Wink

also vicadin doesn't do shit for clusters

keep in mind,  if your going to be clusterbusting you need to be rx free for at least a week or 2 beforehand. o2 is ok
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2008 at 10:26pm by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:52pm

Radar, sounds to me like you just about busted the beast's ass gone. Hang tough brother. Keep the 02 flowing. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

lacuna
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 4:46am

Your like I am... I stare at my computer doing music editing for hours and then a fucker of a headpain cluster... then  i sit back after a few hours of incredable pain, and think, what the fook can I do about that?  then I go straight back like a hound dog to the computer and start editing music again,,, then  BAM........moth..f..r hits be again, behind my left eye....and again, i go take a break for a few hours and moan and rub my head or take a shot of Imitrex.... and then,,,,,,  like a true blue s and m, i go straight back to the computer,,, and thats what I call my ignorant cycle!!   But, now, I have learned that, once I get hit, I turn the computer off,,, and I go take a walk, and call it a day...

You have to get used to lifestyle changes....  all the drugs change in diet wont take away the fact that you will get hit with a claw hammer if you sit in front of the computer for a long time period.... you now know its going to happen...

What did help me, was hooking my my computer to the falt screen tv and now I sit farther away and that has helped a ton... but I still get hit,, and when I do... I quit and go do something else for a day.

Check out this site just for kicks and see if your diet has any of whats on the food list that creats allot of histimine... 

Also, have you been diognased with sleep apnea?  If so, that has a major effect on my cluster attacks,,, and I got one of those CPAP postive pressure machines not long ago, and it really makes a difference to the intesnity and frequency of my attacks...  just thought to pass that on...  but man, you gotta simmer down the time your spending in front of the computer screen..   dont be a dumb houndog like me...  kind of like the houndog that gets nailed by a porkypine and then after licking his wounds, goes out and attacks the first porkypine that crosses his trail,,, and then again, runs back home licking his wounds.... its the ignorant cycle to avoid....  good luck with it all.. doug (houndog) lol

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #5 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 1:27am

Thanks y'all...I feel better knowing this might mean the end of the cycle!  But as far as the computer goes, I'm a graphic design major so I HAVE to work on the computer!  Grin  But, I did some research on office ergonomics, and after moving some things around and changing the lighting arrangements it's a LOT better.  Thanks y'all!  Kiss

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!