Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
What are your triggers? (Read 11945 times)
UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Re: What are your triggers?
Reply #75 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:49am

hahahaaa....Bravehead, when I first read "spelling mistakes" I thought you meant that other people's mistakes in their posts will trigger you!  Grin

I have read in several articles that there's a noticeable decline in cognitive functioning while in cycle for CHers.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which articles because I'm in cycle.  Cheesy

Hey new guy Joe- just go check out my thread about getting a handicap tag for CH.  Even going up a flight of stairs will trigger me.  Tongue

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Deb B
CH.com Newbie

That's what I'm talking
about.

South Carolina
Reply #76 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 6:44am

I thought you guys were being sarcastic when you listed

-an argument with you spouse

but now I will add that to my list, I thought I finally broke a cycle being pain free for three days but alas no!

small argument = big CH

IP Logged

bytor
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 9:45am

UnderTheRadar wrote on Jan 20th, 2009 at 1:49am:
I have read in several articles that there's a noticeable decline in cognitive functioning while in cycle for CHers.  Unfortunately, I can't remember which articles because I'm in cycle.  Cheesy

I can definitely agree that there is a decline in cognitive function. I am a web programmer, Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (Shameless plug!) and have noticed that since I started getting CH, even before I was diagnosed, programming has been a pain in the ass! Forgetting variables for functions I have been using for years. It took me twice the amount of time to re-write the website this spring/summer! Even forgetting how to spell simple words like sweat and sweet. Just last night I had to ask my wife how to spell sweat, I thought sweet was spelled the same way!. UUUGGGHHHH!

Typing has also diminished. Hunting for keys all the time, making more typing mistakes than I ever have. Thank the stars for spell check and code hints!

I have also noticed my bass playing has taken a hit. Find it real hard to remember songs I have known for years, or even ones I learned over the past year or so. Shit, even playing the video game Rock Band I notice my response time is all over the place.

Bytor

IP Logged

Mara Bel
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #78 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 7:41am

My triggers seem to be the normal ones:

- Strong smells, specially cinnamon, coconut and jasmin;
- Bright lights and loud sounds
- Stress and anxiety
- Reading small letters for more than 2 hours
- Too much computer
- Hormonal peaks

Chocolate and coffee have no effect on me.

IP Logged

jimyhertz
CH.com Alumnus

I'm JUMPING for joy

x0|port washington /USA||0|0|WI,Wisconsin
Reply #79 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 4:33pm

I am not in cycle right now, just some random hits, but thinking  about this.
It seems everything tiggers and nothing at all.
For sure sleep. However a couple years ago I changed to a rotating shift---4 days--- 3 nights ---3days---4 nights. Since then I'm hit day or night.
Maybe a drastic change in temperature outside. Seasonal, but my last cycle was 10 months and I live in Wisconsin.
Dry nose, but is it a sign or a symptom? Refrigerated saline spray and I don't get hit. Unless I'm too late.
Nothing real concrete here. I have quit everything while in cycle and still got hit 8 times a day. If I keep doing what I do it seems like the same outcome.
I think if it's my turn; it's my turn no matter what I do or avoid doing. So I take care of myself physically, mentally, etc. and take it in stride.
Attitude is everything.

jimmy pals jimyhertz  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #80 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:08pm

I don't know.......sometimes I get hit every other day and sometimes I'll go a couple weeks inbetween hits.  It is so random that I don't even think about it anymore; I just do my best to be prepared. 02,02,02!!

The only thing I will not take any chances with is red wine.  As much as I loved red wine, I decided I can live without it.

Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #81 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:43pm

chocolate (^%#^%$#$!@@!)
propane
perfume
wood stove smoke
puter screen (#@%$@!)

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #82 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:47am

Cough syrup.

I've had to take every possible OTC brand of the crap, and now am on some prescription kind that's Guafisen and DX.

It's not the alcohol in it. I'm blessed in the fact it's not a trigger for me. I can drink it just fine... and have. Recently. Hot Toddy was made for me in hopes it would help me get my voice back. No shadows, no clusters, nada.

However, within a few minutes of cough syrup, I have a shadow, if not a full blown cluster. I will be so happy the moment I quit coughing.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!