Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache of a Lifetime (Read 872 times)
hootchdom
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Overland Park|USA||||KS,Kansas
Cluster Headache of a Lifetime
Nov 20th, 2008 at 5:43pm

I will have to admit, I had Cluster Headache of a Lifetime this past Tuesday. Was having my 2:00pm headache and was headed home from the office to suck on some O2. Sucked on the tank for about 10 mins and about had the headache aborted. Went into the family room to say goodbye to the wife because I was headed back to the office and WHAM grabbed my chest and an hour later was in the ER having had a heart attack.

Yesterday, Wednesday the placed 3 stints in blocked arteries. Still have one at 100% blockage and one at 60% they have not attempted to fix yet. The nitro the placed under my tongue sure made for some great cluster moments.  Still in the hospital awaiting some further testing and waiting to see all the medication they are going to put me on. Then I get to start trying to figure out how the meds are going to affect the headaches.

Nice thing about it, from the time I told the ER doc about my clusters all the way to the cardiology ward everybody has been very understanding of the headaches and everyone is making sure I have plenty of O2.

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: Cluster Headache of a Lifetime
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 7:09pm

It's more than enough to have either CH or heart troubles, let alone both of them.  I'm glad you've made it thus far.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 9:11pm

YOW!   That's a  bunch to handle all at once.  Sounds like you are getting good care.
                                  Hang In There
                                      JPC

IP Logged

hootchdom
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Overland Park|USA||||KS,Kansas
Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 7:08am

Quick update, been CH free for a little over 24 hours now (knock on wood), have no clue as to what would have broken the cycle (assuming the cycle has been broken). Been pumped full of so many meds because of heart it hard to tell. So far it’s a been a great start to the day, CH free for the time being, got some much needed sleep last night, the old ticker has been modified a bit and hopefully working better, been smoke free for three days now (going on the rest of my life hopefully), and going home today. YEE HAW Cheesy

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 9:24am

Good news Hott, Im glad your getting a break from the beast yet sorry to hear about your heart, Did they give you any ideas as to what may have caused some of those heart problems?..Well im sure they gave you a huge list of things, but were you able to narrow it down to some key elements in your life style. The reason im asking is im just looking to see if there is a tie to the heart and clusters?? Maybe poor circulation brought on these hits?? Maybe im reaching here, but i wish you all the best in your recovery. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!