Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Still a cluster? (Read 795 times)
dbell
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Little Rock|USA||0|0|
Still a cluster?
Nov 19th, 2008 at 1:11pm

I have had what both my doctor and I have called cluster headaches for years.  I have never had droopy eye or a dilated eye with any of these episodes, but the right side nasal passage almost always blocks up.  The pain starts in my neck (feels like tension) then works around to behind my eye for the typical 45 - 90 minutes, then back to my neck.  My bad nights are usually 7 - 9 on the scale.  I used oxygen for a while and it was great at first, but that seemed to stop working.  the doctor had me on prednisone for 7 days and verapamil for 8 - 12 weeks.  This has worked fine for the last 2 years, and after 2 days of the prednisone, the headaches have always stopped.

This last episode is different though.  I started having the clusters at a 5 level over 3 months ago, and I took verapamil only at low dosages.  I hate the prednisone.  Last week, while still on the verapamil, I started having major pain, so I started the prednisone and upped my verapamil.  My last day of the prednisone was last night, and I still experienced on of the worst ever headaches I have had.  I did not have the nasal blockage, the pain lasted over 3 hours (maybe longer, but it subsided enough to sleep), I was nauseated, and the pain in my neck is still happening now.  Something is different.  This whole episode has been different.  Has anyone had this type of thing happen?  Is this still a cluster or maybe something else?

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: Still a cluster?
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 1:15pm

Go to the Doctor.

Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 1:28pm

I agree that another Doctor is probably a good idea. 

Please let us know, how that goes.  Oh...also if 02 stopped working for you, it may be that you weren't using it right..or the air flow wasn't high enough.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 1:46pm

These change a bit from episode to episode. Should go to the doc, if you feel they are different. 25 lpm with non-rebreather mask up to 20 minutes. Try the 02 again please.
the bb

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 3:58pm

My episode is entirely different this time around also.

Better get rechecked by your neuro.

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 4:08pm

Below is a link for "sufferer recommended" doctors.   I hope it's helpful.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!