Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Photo light therapy (Read 488 times)
ctygrl1965
CH.com Newbie

Most fools think they
are only ignorant.

x1|lubbock|USA|usa|230|221|TX,Texas
Photo light therapy
Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:06am

Has anyone ever tried photo light therapy?  My husband's cycle starts almost as soon as the time changes and the days get shorter. I'm just curious if anyone has tried this or had any success if they did.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Photo light therapy
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:09am

Haven't found much in the literature about it.

Dr. Lee Kudrow apparently tried it with mixed results back in the 1990's, and the following (quite good) article makes brief mention of the possibility that it may be worth looking into. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If anyone has further information on clinical trials and such, I, for one, would be interested in seeing it.  I've always believed that photoperiod has something to do with it (my cycles have always had a strong seasonal component as well)--but I'm not sure that photoperiod accounts for the entire seasonal thing. 

There's also the differential change in the wavelength of light from season to season, and the changes in temperature, fluctuations in barometric pressure, etc., etc. 

Lots of variables.

Good question.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!