Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
O2 (Read 811 times)
ltltnt
CH.com Newbie

O2
Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:44am

[color=#0000ff][/color]I am listed as new, but I was here from 2000 -2004. I am chronic and moved from New Mexico to Florida. In FL it is impossible to get a script for O2 I was told that I need to have arterial blood gas test and sleep apnea test in order to have oxygen prescribred and they will not guarantee that they will be able to get a rebreather mask as it is most often given via cannula. I'm ready to scream, my job is on the line I have been on Family Leave Act for over two months now and I am currently taking verapamil and topomax twice a day along with amitriptyline in the evening and still have anywhere between two and and four headaches that are registering about 8 or better on the KIP scale. Imitrex for preventive works but O2 would be a whole lot better... is anyone from FL that knows their way around the red tape. Sad PFDAN to all

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: O2
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 11:04am

Welders oxygen is mighty fine.

Potter

IP Logged

itotka
CH.com Old Timer

Oxygen

Budapest|Solar System
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 4:00pm

... and Linde-mask works fine too.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Steve

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW itotka  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 10:57pm

What Potter said........anyone can get welding oxygen, just do not tell them you are using it for medical purposes, it all comes outta the same tanks. Start a thread asking for instructions on how to rig it.....I don't know how but there's a bunch of absolute experts on this board who'll set you up right. fu%% ing red tape anyways! Angry

Hang in there.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

jason1212
CH.com Junior

I'm out of my mind please
leave a message

Tampa, FL USA
Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 7:50pm

I live in Florida and get Oxygen quite easily.  I didn't need any of those things.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!