Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need some more info please (Read 634 times)
Rina
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Need some more info please
Nov 3rd, 2008 at 10:07am

Hi. I am new to this site and althought I have spent quite some time researching, I have not found answers to these questions. Can anyone help please?

I am at the beginning of a third episode over a priod of 9 years. The previous two cycles lasted about 8 months. Averaging 3 hits a day towards the end of the cycle. This cycle only started about two weeks ago. The intensity is far worse than I remember from two years ago, and only at night (1:30 am moving towards 2:30)
What is the significance between nocturnal and daylight attacks?
What makes the time of attack change? I am trying to move the time forward. I have found if I take O2 before going to bed, even if not hit, it postpones the attack. Last night I stayed up untill 3am and did not get hit at all.
What is the Kip factor?
What is a shadow?  My jaw starts clamping from midday onwards. The intensity of this pain is usually and indication on how bad the hit is going to be.
I always have a morning after headache after each hit. It feels a bit like a mild migraine, and is constant. Only if I take 2 Myprodols in the morning can I have 4 PF hours.
I am going to try Melatonin tonight. I would also like to see if I can take something for the tight jaw during the day to prevent the nightly attack. Any advice?
Has anyone tried a supplement for Adrenal functions? This has been recommended to minimize the after effects and help with the fatigue afterwards. Any thoughts?
I also read some research a couple of years ago on the success of using Magnesium intravaneously? I have tried to obtain a Magnesium injection ampule to try it out, but it is not available in this country. Only on drip in hospotal. Any comments?
Would love to hear any news.
Regards,
Rina Cheesy

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: Need some more info please
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:17am

Hello Rina,

I'll try and help you out with some of this.  I'm sure others will be chiming in as well.

What is the significance between nocturnal and daylight attacks?
For the most part, nocturnal attacks rob you of valuable sleep, which really wears me down.

What is the Kip factor?
click on "the kip scale" on the left side of you screen

What is a shadow?
For me, shadows feel like a pressure in my head. Not so much pain, but that lingering feeling like an attack is right around the corner.

I hope you can find the right combination of meds to get you some relief.

Thats my two cents worth.

Good Luck To Ya
                                                  JPC

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:22am

Those are all good questions. Read the tabs on the left. They will answer many of your questions.
Cant tell ya why but these things change over the years. Sometimes you get hit hard and the episode is long. Sometimes remission is just a month, or it can be years. You just need to be adaptable to your situation. The good thing about getting hit at night is, you can still go to work during the day.

Last night I stayed up untill 3am and did not get hit at all.

You missed out on valuable sleep. You will find that when you relax and get drousy that's when it hits. Never relax ever. Wink
all the best and welcome.
the bbb

IP Logged

Rina
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 1:14pm

Thank you.

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 6:03pm

Hi there

Ok well the main difference from the day and night hits in my experiance is, the day time hits you feel them as soon as they start so you can fight back as soon as they start where as the night time hits you generally get hit but not wake till the hit is well in the heavy pain stages about kip 5-7 so they take longer to abort.

Shadows come in many ways for me i always get heavy shadows before and after a hit they feel very much like a migrain with out the light sensativity or the vomiting but i do get light shadows through most my cycle but they are livable with and i can still enjoy life with them.

In my experiance the tightning of the jaw is caused by the hits and shadows its more that the jaw is tight because i bite down when getting hit like any muscles with working hard they get tight.

sadly thebbz is right on the money as always you think you have this crap figured out then it changes on ya always be ready to fight is my advice and never let it control you live between the hits.

Anyhow PF wishes to ya hope this helps
Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!