Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Severe Jaw Pain ....could it be? (Read 1947 times)
mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Severe Jaw Pain ....could it be?
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:43pm

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer....

Usually my cycles start in March.   My last cycle ended in June of this year. I usually go 4 years between cycles. In the past two weeks , I have had two episodes of extreme pain that replicated the length of a CH and intensity of a CH.  

There was no head pain in either instance and I haven't had any other shadows in about a month or so ( no migraines either).  The first time this happenned, after about 30 minutes of pain that kept ramping up, I took a zomig and it went away instantly.  Today, I was in the car, so I took two excedrin migraine, and chugged hot, black coffee.  It still kept ramping up.  THis went on for 45 minutes when it finally just went away.

I usually get pain in my teeth and jaw while in cycle, but in all of my episodes - I never get "just" teeth and jaw pain without head pain.

So my question.... Has this ever happenned to anyone?  Just in case I have gone ahead and ordered RC Seeds to try to abort if this turns out to be the start of a new cycle.  

Kelly
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:45pm by mezza »  

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Re: Severe Jaw Pain ....could it be?
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 8:09pm

I always get the tooth pain with any cluster over a kip 7 but its never been just tooth or jaw pain,  do you think you could have a cavity that is causing swelling around the trigeminal nerve witch could tigger the ch pain.  Other than that I don't know wish I could help more sorry your in pain.      Phil

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:05pm

Thanks for the response Phil-

I always get the tooth and jaw pain during a hit too.  I do have a crown that needs replacing- but it was just so weird that the episode was so similar in length and intensity to a 'hit' just without the head pain.

Well-  I'll just get myself armed and ready in case the beast returns.  About all I can do at this point.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:17pm

Always ALWAYS stay armed!  NEVER let up your guard!  Even if you are not in cycle, and use Imitrex, continue filling your prescription, even though you are not presently using it.  By doing this, once your cycle starts, you should have plenty on hand to get you through your cycle.  This is particularly important now that the insurance industry is restricting how much Imitrex you can get, in a month.

ALWAYS keep oxygen on hand, also!

As far as the tooth pain, without the head pain, YES, I do get that.  Not often, but yes, it happens.  Usually, it is the lower KIP scale hits that stay in my teeth.  If it goes to an 8 or higher, it always go to the head.

Hope this helps!

BUT, it would not be a bad idea to have that tooth checked out.

Good LUCK!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 1:12pm

i am the same as Chuck re: the teeth & jaw pain.......................hope u r feelin better kelly

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 2:20pm

Sorry mezza I wasn't trying to say it was just a tooth ache,  I was trying to say it could be swelling triggering the localized ch pain.
   Hope it gets better,  Phil

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 9:44pm

phil-

no apologies necessary at all... I didn't interpret your response in any way but supportive.  thanks for your posts Smiley 

Chuck and Deb-

Thanks for the good wishes.  I am armed and ready.  Got my verap filled and have zomig and imitrex on hand and refills at the pharmacy.  Also ordered RC seeds in case i decide to go that route instead.  Also made a dentist appt today again if by sheer luck the beast isn't back. 

Kelly

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 1:57pm

Hi Kelly,

Sorry I missed this.  A few years ago I had a weird Fall cycle ( I usually have Spring cycles )  that consisted of ONLY tooth pain.  I went to the dentist but he said that my teeth were fine.  With my mom's help I figured out that it was CH.  The pain was very intense but always went away with a shot of Trex.    It was  a short cycle....3 or 4 weeks tops with no prevents.  It just went away.  I hope yours does too!

PF wishes!  PM me if you need to!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 3:32am

Hi Jeannie-

It really is bizarre-  3 times this week I took a zomig.  The pain would instantly go away only to return 30 minutes or so later.  That never happens with me while I'm in cycle

I have a broken tooth on the bottom.  I went to the dentist today.  Turns out , I have an abcess and need a bridge ( they have to pull the tooth)  I am on an antibiotic and supposed to get a temporary bridge monday

So good news and bad at the same time.  Good news- I don't think I'm back in cycle,  bad news- i am may  be out about $4000. Angry.  A friend of ours is a dentist and while i don't usually mix business with pleasure,  I called him tonight to see if he would give me a second opinion or a discount  Wink

thanks for the response Jeannie-

Kelly

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 1:52pm

Well, sorry about the tooth but at the same time I'm glad you are not in cycle again.  Hope everything turns out ok!  Let me know.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!