Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Blessed sleep (Read 9546 times)
millie the episodic
CH.com Junior

God Bless all CH victims!

x0|waverly|USA||0|0|TN,Tennessee
Re: Blessed sleep
Reply #25 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 11:41pm

Hello, I 'm Millie, I haven't posted in a long time but I have been looking around in the shadows until I found what I was going through. This lastest cycle has really shown me just how much sleep that is does deprive me of. I am a shift worker and it affects whatever my sleep time is( day or night). It ( the headache) seems to allow me just enough sleep to make it to work that day or night, meanwhile it is truly taking a toll on me. I seem to be having 2 - 3 a night, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to what seems like an hour. I am fighting with O2 and imetrix. I am going to start a prenizone taper, but I don't want to use the preventives. The verapimil and the neurotin don't seem to make a diffence and it makes me feel bad plus I still have to go through the headaches plus I feel bad from the meds. But I need the O2 and imetrix!! Where can I find a Opti-2 mask? Soory to rush in like the wind, but I need some sleep too, It has only been 2 1/2 weeks since the cycle started and the best is yet to come. I can bearly comb my hair because my head in actually SORE to touch.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #26 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 11:51pm

Hi Millie,

I know what you mean about the sore hair thing.  I had that for 2-3 weeks and it went away.

Click on the oxygen info to you left.  It will tell you how to order.

Also, read some of the other threads.  There's alot of info about masks ect.

Don,
     Be careful with that hand cannon. 

Max,
     I'm jealous.  I had a nice cold Miller Light in my hand this afternoon but didn't dare open it.  Maybe Saturday at bowling.   (wishful thinking)

Hope Everyone gets som ZZZZZZZ 's tonight
                                             JPC

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #27 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 11:52pm

Gosh Max that beer sounds good, I know if I smelled one right now I would be hit. Sorry to here about the wake ups. Seems the 3 of us are having a time of it with that right now.

4 beers are a good test, you may be coming out of cycle. Got my fingers crossed. I should be able to get a few hours if I try soon, my shot of DHE usually lasts 24hrs or so and I had it @ 4am. So thats 4hrs from now, better hurry!\Best, Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #28 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 4:12am

Top of the morning to ya, got away the rest of the night without any hits, except the early morning yell of horror of course:-) I had the same thing a coupple of weeks ago with sore scalp, and also my jaw and teeth ached. It's the nervs that has taken a beating. It's alway like that at the peak for me.

Those beers tasted like pure heaven let me tell ya. Hope you get out of this shit real soon, so we can have a toast together, virtually that is;-) The sun is shining outside, but it is getting colder, 4 below zero celsius at the moment (Don't have a clue what that is in fahrenheit).

Have a great day Grin

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #29 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 4:36pm

I got slamed with a K8-K-9 at 1:00am.  Took a Treximet at 3:30 and slept from 4-8.

That sore scalp thing is wierd. I get that too.

So what are you going to the halloween party as?  Advice, don't go as a sailor.

I'm with ya Don.  Can't even look at an empty beer bottle for more than a few seconds.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #30 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 2:17am

What a night the Beast is hunting me so I dare not close my eyes. This is the night before my last dose of prednisone and my last 2 cycles I had K-10's on this night. Maybe silly but it has my nerves in a bundle. I need to sleep.

I've fought a K-6 & K-8 tonight already. The 8 almost got away, came on right after the 6 and almost fooled me into thinking it was just a shadow. The O2 sent him away.

I have to try and sleep, find a little courage I guess, I'm forgetting that I have the tools to beat the beast back. I think the attacks from the past are burnt into my mind and this is why I'm fighting it .      OK guys here I go,    Don
[size=14][/size]

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #31 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 2:23am

Only one mild k2 last night, so overall almost 8 hours of shuteye. Things are looking up. He he don't think I'll be going as a sailor. I don't know yet, any suggestions?

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #32 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 2:33am

Kick his ass Don !!!!!     Your'e right, you got the stuff to beat him.  Don't let him get ya down.  The bastard snuck up on me last night.  Tonight I'm up with a K5 and its goin away   Hope you get some sleep.

Good goin Max.  I hope me and Don will be following shortly.  Go as a pimp.

Nighty Nite
                                         JPC

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #33 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 3:28am

Yea that was what I was thinking too;) Hope you both get out off this asap! Snowing like hell here now, sitting in the kitchen sipping coffee watching cars getting stuck on the road, pretty happy I have 4wheel drive on my car Wink

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #34 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 12:01pm

One Mutha of a night.

from 700pm to 10:00pm had attacks every 30 - 45min.  Only K4-K5 or so.  Used the O2 for the first time.  Knocked them out in a jiffy and I would just go back to sleep.  I gave up on that after 3 hours.

back to bed at 1:00am.  Attacks every hour. O2 fended them off in 10 min. (tank is about empty)  Without the O2, they would only last about 15min.

Hope this is makin sense.  I'm a little out of it right now. 

I hope you guys had a better night.

JPC

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #35 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 3:22am

Hi guys!

I am little pissed off right now. Thought I was heading for remission but no such luck, or the beast is having it's final saying. Been waking up every 2 hours with k6 last two nights, they are not that painful, but they linger on for atleast an hour and it's pissing me off real bad. I am hoping that it is the final gasps and not some sort of recycling back to peaking again.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 4:28am

Sleep sounds good 4 am and havn't sleep a wink yet,  I guess I'll put some coffee on no sence trying to sleep now.  Hope others are doing better than I.
        Phil Smiley

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #37 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 5:35am

I'm tellin ya, there is someting in the air.  Best I can get the last two nights is 1hr at a time.

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH !!!!!!

At least I got the O2 and seems to do the job.  I've got to get a better mask though. The one Binson's supplied is not very good.

Pooped Out
                                           JPC
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2008 at 5:35am by Just Plain Carl »  

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #38 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 7:58am

I hate this shit, luckily it helps doing the push ups, but I had another k5 when I got up this morning at 8, and now 5 hours later it's still f**** lingering... I am hitting that Halloween party tonite no matter what. Gonna have a drink, and if I get hit then, I'll walk it off and have another Angry

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #39 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 9:29am

Hang in there Max.  I know that's disapointing  Like gettin the rug jerked out.

I sure wouldin't be flirting with the alchohol, but that's me.

Don't let those Jarheads take advantage of ya tonight.

PFD's On  Ya

JPC

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #40 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 10:02am

I'm right there with you guys. I finished my pred taper Wed. and the beast is playing it's game big time. I got a little lucky last night, slept 2hrs. at a time and the O2 blew him away. 3rd time I gave up. So Phil I'm having a coffee with ya.

Max, I hope your having what I like to call the Grand Finale. One last burst of CH activity. Maybe. For the first time I got hit in my Neuro's parking lot. He was coming back from lunch and walked by my truck right when I put my O2 mask on (O2pti) should have saw his face.

Carl, yeah the problem with the NRB is the 1 liter bag and some are better than others. The ones I recently got from W/F are junk so I was using my old ones from last from Apria. I suggest you get the O2pti w/3 liter bag. $25 plus shipping, way worth it.

Keep on fightin the good fight,     ,Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 10:37am

I have noticed that my night time hits are always worst as the days are getting longer or shorter. I usually get it in the evening between 4 or 5 to 8 or 9 time period every day of the year. The night time hits only come in the spring and fall. I used 4 M's last week but I am better this week.

A tip from me would be that when you wake up and sit there rubbing you neck and head wondering if it will subside, train yourself to get up immediately and hit the O2. I have completely trained myself to do this and never wake up to a screecher any more. If you don’t wake up till you’re at K6 the O2 will take a long time to bring you down. Now that I wake up immediately at the start of the hit it goes away a lot faster and I fall back to sleep much quicker also.

I don’t use a mask any more because the things are crap and give me a sore nose so I use the mouthpiece and exhale with my nose or pull the mouthpiece away. If you don’t exhale through the valve it will last a long time. I don’t even have the exhale valve on the rig anymore and it seems to work even better. Some day when I can afford it I want to try a demand mouthpiece.

I use those big freezer bags and they last about 6 months. Cheep and always at hand in the kitchen.

The best thing on the tank is a FLOTEC regulator click style with 60-40-25-15-10 settings. 25 LPM is perfect for me and 40 gets ya numb. I haven’t had a K10 since I got the HF reg.

PFW’s guy’s

Roland. Wink

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #42 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 8:55am

H guys!

Here is an interesting update. I hit that Halloween party last night. First I met the guys at a pub where I had 4 pints of beer. No hit, then we went to the marinehouse and I must have had around 10 more beers, was feeling pretty breezy at the end, didn't feel a thing until 10:30 then I got a sort of nagging headache, so I quit drinking, went down to 7/11 and got a big coffee which took care of the headache.

Went home, and was in bed at midnite. Slept all night long without any hit at all. Pretty weird huh? Maybe I killed the beast with beer hehe. Anyway I hope you guys are feeling better and are getting some sleep! Have a great weekend! Grin

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #43 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 2:16pm

Maybe Ya got something there Max.  I not willing try the beer test just yet.

I got 8 hrs sleep last night myself.
Against my better judement, I took a Treximet at 11:00.  Went to be at 11:30.  Up at 12:00 with an attack ready for another shit night.  Hit the O2 and stayed up til 1:00am.
Made it through the night with no attacks. Woke up a couple times but no pain. Got up at 9:00 this morning.

Nice to get some sleep.  A little wigged out today from the Treximet but no shadows, no nuthin.

Hope all of you had a decent night.

PFD's On Ya
                                      JPC

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #44 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 2:31pm

Hey Millie, Welcome to the sleep thread. The O2pti mask (you prbb got opti-2 from my whacked out butt) can be orderded from the 'oxygen info' link on the left of this screen.

I actually got some sleep last night too! Had to do a shot though. glad to hear I'm not alone. Kick the beasts butt!!               Best,  Don

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #45 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:06am

Hi guys, resent events: NO HITS at all, slept 10 hours last night so I am guessing the beast got drowned friday night... hopefully:-) Hope you are seeing the end of this shit soon!

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #46 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 11:00am

Great news Max! Suprized the Norwegian Navy didn't have to rescue YOU from drowning LOL. Last night was the first night I had no wake ups in many weeks with no meds.

My peak must be ending but I still have some time to go. It does get easier to control once the peak is over and I can start to get out a little more. I really have done well this cycle with the higher flow O2 and the new O2pti mask, aborts are faster. Keep us posted. Carl we'll beat this thing yet.       Best, Don
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008 at 11:07am by Skyhawk5 »  

Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #47 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 4:23pm

I can't believe how similar our cycles are.

Last night was episode free.  Woke up a couple of times during the night but not due to any CH.  Man did that feel good.

I'm down to 120mg of Verapamil.  That will be finished after tomorrow.

I hope we are all on our way to PFDAN's

good luck to all
                                     JPC

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #48 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 3:12am

Hi guys!

Glad that you are starting to see the end of this too. I woke once last night at one o'clock with a k6 that came and went in 5 minutes, slept the rest of the night (6 hours) without any more hits. It looks like it's almost over for now. I will have gone 8 weeks instead of the usual 12 weeks. Don't know if that has anything to do with not taking any medication, but I think I'll do without meds next time around also. The k10's are definetly fewer in number compared to other cycles where I have used Imitrex.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #49 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:52pm

So CLose.

I'm down to one attack a night.  I get hit about an hour after falling asleep. Hit the O2 for about 10min, get up and have a coffee or a coke, go back to bed in about an hour and sleep through til morning.

I can almost taste the Miller Light.

I hope you all are doing as well or better

JPC

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!