Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nausous and Coffee Trigger!!!!!!! (Read 1605 times)
Cassandra
CH.com Junior

The best thing in my life
is my son!

x0|Riesterstown|USA||0|0|MD,Maryland
Nausous and Coffee Trigger!!!!!!!
Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:15pm

Ok, so i know that it's not supposed to happen... But i have been a CH Champ for 11 years now episodic, and for some reason THIS time every time at the very end after all the pain.. for some time after i feel so sick..

Any suggestions?

I have been on the same meds for 2 years and this is the first time this has happened. The sick feeling has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

Another thing.. I have found another trigger.. my beloved coffee. I brewed some this morning and just about had to call 911 i rarely cry.. and this one did it.

So now, i fear coffee shops I HATE THESE STUPID THINGS
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:49pm by Cassandra »  
WWW http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=searc Cassandra9988 susie152  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Re: Nausous
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:25pm

Hi There!

I also get sick to my stomach after a pretty high kip level.  As a child, I threw up after every hit.  I think that it is my body's response to pain.  After I toss my cookies, my HA starts to subside.  I'm not really sure what might help it.   Sorry Undecided

It is strange that coffee was a trigger for you as many find caffeine to be helpful.  Could it have been just a coincidence that you were hit just after the coffee?  Who knows?  This thing is different for all of us.   

I'm sorry that you had to endure such a bad hit.  I hate it when the beast makes me cry but it happens to the best of us!  Hang in there! 

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Cassandra
CH.com Junior

The best thing in my life
is my son!

x0|Riesterstown|USA||0|0|MD,Maryland
Re: Nausous
Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:33pm

it was the smell of the brewing coffee that set me off. i had to open every door and window in my house (it was 37 outside) and pour the coffee out..) i didn't even get to taste the coffee..

I find that sometimes, that if it is a smell inside the house that if i stand outside.. the pain eases (not much..but some) and that's what it did.

So.. i can add Brewing coffee to the list.

WWW http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=searc Cassandra9988 susie152  
IP Logged

rick405
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Charleston SC
Re: Nausous and Coffee Trigger!!!!!!!
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 4:52pm

Hi Darlin,

Bless your heart. Sometimes after a hit, I also become sick to my stomach, even dry heave during the episode because of the pain. I think our bodies can only take so much before they react in what ever way.
I know for me, my rebound time is now is much longer than when they first started. You would think I would be used to it by now.
Have you tried hot tea as a caffeine delivery system?  When the thunder comes, I take 3 or 4 gallon sized (yes GALLON sized)  tea bags, put in a tea kettle that is about half full and bring it to almost a boil. I know it's very strong tea but it seems to help some... sometimes.
Hope you have a good night and a even better tomorrow!

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 6:50pm

Dear love2bamommy:

Depending upon the intensity of the CH, I can get severely nauseated and keep some phergan (prescription) handy.  But more to the point, just before a CH, and during a CH, I become super-sensitive to odors.

The most offensive ones for me are floral perfumes, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and the perfumes they use in detergents, candles, and incense.  When I'm having a particularly bad time with many CH per day, I think those same odors are triggers for me.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 7:06pm

Your not pregnant are you? Cheesy Wink
thebb

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 7:52pm

Quote:
THIS time every time at the very end after all the pain.. for some time after i feel so sick

What meds are you on?   One thing about this condition is that they can and DO morph.  Changes directions on us at a moments notice.  What workes fine for one cycle...fails the next.  Just because it has never happened to you before means nothing.

Coffee is a vasoconstrictor, which is a good thing for us.  I have no idea of how that can be a trigger.  Some of us sleep with a coffee cup in hand.  (JK)

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 4:51pm

Aw sorry that you get so sick!! Try the tea thing like Rick explained; we've recently had to switch to that method because for some reason smells are starting to trigger J. too; not sure if it's as effective for us yet, haven't got to test it enough; he's only had one since the switch that required anything so he might be coming off the cycle. New development with the smells; but these things morph a lot so we'll go for the ride. Lots of pf vibes your way & have a great day regardless. We're with ya!

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

Kushka
CH.com Newbie

North Carolina
Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 11:12am

Sorry to hear about the coffee scent triggering your headaches - let's hope that one changes for you!

As for the nausea, have you ever tried crystalized ginger?  I get extreme nausea before attacks and I have been trying crystalized ginger, which is basically dried ginger coated with evaporated cane juice.  It doesn't completely remove the nausea but it helps a little - at least it helps me keep from losing my lunch.  The trick is getting it in early. When the shadow headaches come, I break out the ginger and take a piece every half hour or so.  I notice a difference - perhaps it could work for you, too.  You can get it at most health food stores and it is relatively inexpensive.  You can also try ginger tea - it is pretty spicy but it does help settle the stomach and works better than the crystalized ginger if the nausea has already kicked in. 

Wishing you PF days and nights -
Kushka

Carlyn

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 4:44pm

Too bad about the Coffee.

You'd have to pry the cup from my cold dead hand.

PFD's On Ya
                                       JPC

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:30pm

a coffee trigger  oh the horror.  Cry  i wouldn't survive.
have you tried the coffee energy drinks, no brewing involved.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!