Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
4 Year Remission... they're baaaaaack! (Read 1200 times)
Buddyjay
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

4 Year Remission... they're baaaaaack!
Oct 21st, 2008 at 4:33pm

After 4 pain-free years. The damn BEAST is back!
I have suffered with these for over 35 years (episodic). First getting one a day, every other day for 3 months. Then switching sides and getting 4-5 a day for 5 weeks.
The last was in 2004 and they were mild (K2-K5) which surprised me. When I didn't get them in 2006, I thought they were gone for good.
But nooooooo.
They started last week and have now re-joined the group here.
I was an initial member when this board started and have not used it in the last 4 years. In fact, my member ID was gone because of in-activity so I re-joined. Best group around.
In 2004 I used Imitrex which helped tremendously; but I know they gave me re-bound headaches.
This time, I am going to try and skip the Imitrex and go it alone.

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: 4 Year Remission... they're baaaaaack!
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 5:07pm

Sorry to hear you have the Beast back visiting.

I was pain free for six years untll now.

Seems like quite a few people are back with ch's after a long respit.

Hang in there.  Hope it's a short one.

JPC

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 7:19pm

Get some 02. Gotta have some kind of abort.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

daniel96
CH.com Junior

I can't avoid but to deal
with it smartly.

x0|Singapore|Singapore||0|0|
Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 10:10pm

Hang in there.. Smiley
Hope u get better soon.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - my oxygen therapy setup

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 5:12am

Welcome back, I'm so sorry that ch came back to your head. But you have one huge advantage: you alredy know that it is possible to be PF for several years! Good luck this time around, may it be a short cycle, followed by the longest remission you've ever had.

PF days,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Sylvan
CH.com Veteran

Greenwood Lake NY/NJ
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 6:51pm

Wow. Me too. 4 years, almost to the day. I came back today to see if maybe it was just an anomaly. I just don't want to believe that they came back.

So far it's just been one - but boy was it a doozy. over 30 minutes, pouring sweat and vomited after - first time that's happened.

Last cycle (which was also my first) they came about every 3 nights. Tonight will be the 3rd night so i'm afraid to go to bed.

Started the melatonin again the night after, and dug out the old bottles of verapamil and lithium. They expired in 2006. Gave my O2 back years ago.

Praying that this was a one time hit and it doesn't start up again.

Welcome back - and i'm glad i'm not the only one.

Wonder if something is in the air if a lot of people are back after lengthy remissions?

Anne

Interesting

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 12:04pm

Buddy, so sorry to hear this! I experienced exactly the same pattern, right down to the number of years. Like you I thought that after an awful long time - 20, 25 years, I've lost count - I was through with this madness until this past May when, after a 4 year hiatus, I got hit with a 9-week cycle. And I see, alas, that we're not alone.

I second bbz's suggestion of oxygen. I also had a lot of success this past spring with Topamax... but I know it's not for everyone.

Hang in there, friend - hope this cycle is quick!

David

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!