Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
crap, crap, crap and crap (Read 46847 times)
DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: crap, crap, crap and crap
Reply #300 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 12:24pm

Laurie,

here's two for you and one for Gary. Undecided

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Your strength and perseverance are amazing and inspiring.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #301 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 12:44pm

Yow!!   Laurie/Gary    A big ole giant UNCRAP on you guys.

Glad to hear some of you are getting some PF time.

Jen/Phil  hoping you get that UofM appointment sooner.

Uncrap on Ya
                                   JPC

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #302 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 6:32pm

DennisM1045 wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 12:24pm:
Laurie,

here's two for you and one for Gary. Undecided

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Your strength and perseverance are amazing and inspiring.

-Dennis-

Yes they certainly are.  Laurie you are a huge inspiration to me, you are one strong lady.  I hope things went well today at the doc, please update us when you get a chance.

Idaho must be agreeing with Phil.  He had a great day yesterday, which is sooooo awesome.  It's been a really long time since a whole day has gone by that I didn't see him rocking.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Reply #303 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:16pm

Don't mean to jump on board here, but I'm sure glad to know some of us are getting pain free days and some even out of cycle, cause about now, all I'm getting is CRAP days and I seemed to have forgotten what a pain free day was like. 13th week an all time record for me and it sucks as usual.
     Sorry folks, just needed to vent, I'll get my head out of my a$$ now and keep on keep'n on as usual.

Barry Baer  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #304 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:30pm

B.Baer wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:16pm:
    Don't mean to jump on board here, but I'm sure glad to know some of us are getting pain free days and some even out of cycle, cause about now, all I'm getting is CRAP days and I seemed to have forgotten what a pain free day was like. 13th week an all time record for me and it sucks as usual.
     Sorry folks, just needed to vent, I'll get my head out of my a$$ now and keep on keep'n on as usual.

You can jump on in anytime.  The more the merrier  Wink

Sorry your having such a crappy time right now.  Just know that you're not alone.  You have us to vent to 24/7.

Saying a great big huge uncrap for ya!!!!!

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #305 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 7:03pm

Skyhawk5 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2009 at 11:49pm:
Laurie,

Thank you for the update. Makes you really wonder about Doctors. I think he should be in the hospital until they find the cause of the fevers.

My understanding is fevers that high are life threatening, and Doctors taking so much time to treat Gary are basically comitting malpractice. Am I wrong? It shouldn't take too many Dr's to see this.

I'm very sorry you and Gary still have the BIG CRAP, and please know we all send you UN-CRAP vibes and prayers. Gary hang in there brother, your pain is our pain....

Don

Well, after the doc rescheduling, we did finally get to the montefiore ID doc!  He WAS surprised at the very few tests that were ordered by his GP or the lack of doing anything on the part of the prior two local infectious disease docs....   Roll Eyes

BUT... it is the fevers in excess of 107 that can be really dangerous.  The others are "just" frying brain cells.

Now we know why it's been so hard to get to see this guy.  He sees six patients a week.  So he IS the right doc, and he concentrates on very few cases at a time (primarily a research doc).  So that is GREAT.

But.... of course... the issue is going to be one of time.  He HAS seen very high intermittent fevers before.  But apparently literally a million things can cause them, especially given where Gary has traveled in his life.  It appears that it doesn't matter it was 20 or 30 years ago, there are things that can be dormant that long.

So he's got to figure out where to start, so we're getting him ALL of Gary's medical records going back five years.  He should have those next week, he'll have another week to review them, and then we see him again and decide where to go from there.

Also, if they turn out to be Central Fevers (not caused by an infection of some kind), he thinks he'll be able to find a way to treat them symptomatically.

In the meantime, we're charting Gary's temp every four hours for the next two weeks.

He was REALLY nice, and told Gary that he knows he's been suffering a long time, but he's just got to hang in there, because this is the first time he's seeing him, and it is a process that can take quite a bit of time.  So at least we weren't completely deflated, but have realistic expectations.

Hope everyone is uncrapping big time! 

And B - sorry you've got the crap, but this is the thread to vent and get some uncrap vibes heading your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #306 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:20pm

Just Plain Carl wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 4:27pm:
unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley  unfuck  Smiley

JPC said it best.

Laurie and Gary you need something stronger than an uncrap!!!!!

We're all here pulling for you  Kiss

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #307 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 3:16pm

I'm thinkin a double unfuck may be in order 

UNFUCK  Smiley    UNFUCK  Smiley

Hope you get some help Laurie/Gary.   

You too Jen/Phil

I keep checkin in on you guys.  Keep postin updates.  I am pullin for ya.

Uncrap on you and anyone else that needs it.

JPC

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #308 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 10:50pm

THANK YOU for your efforts - is there anything stronger than an unfuck?   Cheesy

Hope everyone is TOTALLY UNCRAPPING.

Here's the latest Gary news:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

That about says it all.   Roll Eyes

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!