Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is this a mistake? (Read 1194 times)
isshin8
CH.com Newbie

x0|cambridge|USA||0|0|MD,Maryland
Is this a mistake?
Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:23pm

Well i've been pf for 7 months.  The last few days, that old familiar feeling is coming back.  No attacks.  Just the start of shadows.  

My question is I'm considering going this round with no prevents.  I am very fortunate that excersise, energy drinks, and o2 will abort with some consistency until late in the cycle.  Imitrex has worked so far if i need more help.  

A few cycles ago i did the pred taper and it stopped the cycle.  Since then, it has never been as effective.  My last cycle i did the pred, verap, topomax and gernerally felt horrible.  Along with feeling like crud, i don't think it helped the cycle.

I'm afraid if i don't start the prevents now, they will be less effective when the cycle goes full blown.

Any thoughts or suggestions about going prevent free.
Best Wishes

Matt

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: Is this a mistake?
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:28pm

Is there a valid reason for going prevent free? 

Cluster-busting maybe?  Verapamil has certainly helped a lot of people here..Not me...but a lot of others.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:37pm

Well good luck with that. Less drugs is always a goal. Keep up the good fight. Quote:
I'm afraid if i don't start the prevents now, they will be less effective when the cycle goes full blown.
I think your right there, so why gamble.
thebb

IP Logged

isshin8
CH.com Newbie

x0|cambridge|USA||0|0|MD,Maryland
Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Sorry for the repeat post everyone.  I just read the Aug. 26 post about this question.  

Thanks for all the help and info.

Matt.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 12:28am

Sorry this is late, ut I just saw it..  I used Verap for a while, and then added Lithium to it when it didn't do the job by itself.  Between them they did keep the attacks down, but not gone, but I felt so lousy all the time, just not caring about life in general that I quit taking them at all.  I've just learned to deal with them and use energy drinks to knock them back when I get a bad one.  It is probably just me, but it seems to me that I have experienced fewer since being off the meds, and I'm enjoying life more.  Who knows, if they get bad again I may go back, but right now I'm just going to ride it out.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!