Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm curious? (Read 1226 times)
shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
I'm curious?
Oct 9th, 2008 at 10:00am

Hey all,

My beast visits me 24/7.
   I'm wondering what happens, to those who get their visit only at night., If you change your sleep pattern (ie. sleep durring the day and wake durring the nite) do your attacks change, with your schedule, or do they stay the same?

I'm trying to figure this thing out.

PFDs to all

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Re: I'm curious?
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 10:22am

I tried that once, rented a bunch of movies, bought chips and coke and thought I was being clever, fooling the beast by staying up all nite and planing to sleep during daytime. Hah! There was hell to pay. At around 03 in the morning I was getting shadows, and 15 minutes later a k10 was making me do the jiggly dance. Not only that but the HA lasted for 6 hours. I am never doing that ever again!

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 12:26pm

My attacks just changed times, that's all, so I quit doing it.

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 3:37pm

The majority of my attacks are after sleep.
Sleep deprevation just makes it all that harder to cope.
Besides, TV pretty much sucks in the middle of the night.

IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 4:04pm

We tried switching our sleep patterns the first year...THAT WAS BAAAAAAD!!!!!! We thought we would be s-m-r-t & "fool" it somehow by sleeping at different times. All that happened was that he would get a WORSE one a completely different time. I don't know if this is the case for everyone...but that's us anyway. Sorry you have it 24/7...that blows!!!

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

Kit
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Montreal, Quebec
Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:03pm

I thnk I read (and I have read so much over the last 2 weeks I may be confused) that REM sleep can be a trigger - so I don't know if when you sleep will help..BUT if you can try it and it works - why not! I have also read that everyone is different so it can't hurt to try, right?
Let me know if it does work for you, I am gathering as many suggestions as I can for my hubby.
Kit

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:29pm

3 to 9mg of melatonin can help with the nighttime hits.
For me it doesn't matter, whenever I relax and become drousy.
And fatigue is a trigger....it's a sick joke presented to you by the demon bastard.
Never relax..ever.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!