Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red Bull, More like Bull $hit (Read 4247 times)
superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Red Bull, More like Bull $hit
Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:12pm

Notice the dollar sign. I am feeling the need for energy drinks again so I just got a 12 pack of Reb Bull and am 25 some bucks lighter in the wallet for it.

What's the current word on cheaper Reb Bull subsitutes, cost and effectiveness.

Edit for correct size of purchase - I WISH RB was 25 a case.........
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:55pm by superhawk2300 »  
WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Re: Red Bull, More like Bull $hit
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:21pm

Aldi - Red Thunder. About 80 cents a can, or around $19 a case.

Edited to add: It has virtually the same contents and proportions as Red Bull, works the same, and actually tastes a little better (subjective).
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:22pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:30pm

Bill,

Which Aldi do you go to? The one here in Muskego doesn't have it......

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:38pm

superhawk2300 wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:30pm:
Bill,

Which Aldi do you go to? The one here in Muskego doesn't have it......

Have you asked? It can be hard to find in ADHD, I mean ALDI.

I get it at the one on S. 27th between College and Rawson. I've also found it at the one on Hwy. Q in Germantown.

Haven't needed it for about a year now.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 7:52pm

Well, I'm being redundant, but since this is a specific thread...

'Wired"...344 mg caffeine, 3000 mg taurine (believe I said 1500 in other thread). Pay $1.25 to $1.50 per. Half as much for twice a much.
Lots of others out there too...read the labels...I used to write some and there's lots of good info there...

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus

Go Cubbies  / even though
they suck

x1|naperville|USA|usa|360|126|IL,Illinois
Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 8:47pm

I tried the wired also . To me they all work but Monster works if I only drink a half a can so it's good for two hits per can.

Dave

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:03pm

Cheapest thing I've found is coffee. No taurine though.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

QWERTY
CH.com Newbie

Fighting the fight since

Pennsylvania
Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:51pm

red Bull is pricey, no doubt. I stick to Monster, or Taurine shots. They're like the 5 hour energy shots with the high amounts of B12, but there's a brand out there I can find only in one convenience store that has a bunch of Taurine also. I haven't tried it as abortive but works well on my shadows. I found this per accident, it's NOT cheaper, it's about 5 bucks for a shot so probably not the substitute you want but figured I'd put it out there Wink. As far as a Red Bull sub, I'd say Monster. The huge cans are a bit  more expensive than the small Red Bull cans, but like posted above I can get 2-3 abortions out of the can.

-Jeremy

-Founder of the Rat Club of Pennsylvania Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register-&&&&When I finally see satan, I'm gonna kick him in the balls for this torture.
kb3dlp  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #8 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 3:07am

QWERTY wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:51pm:
I'd put it out there Wink. As far as a Red Bull sub, I'd say Monster. The huge cans are a bit  more expensive than the small Red Bull cans, but like posted above I can get 2-3 abortions out of the can.

-Jeremy

Monster is goooood for that. Jolt works too, I can get several out of one can of either. I couldn't tolerate the 5 hour energy shots that I saw at our drug store...Horrid taste.

If people wouldn't take the phrase "Get 2-3 abortions out of each can" I'd so say that should be the Monster tag line...

Monster also has a lot of different flavors, they have the coffee mixes (I LOVE the Irish Creme one. No alcohol in it.) which are also good.

Speaking of...time to chug some Monster down.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:28am

Jolt, while having a good amount of caffeine, has no taurine.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 11:44am

Six hour energy its about the same as 5 hour enrgy just a different name and half the cost they tatse better to.  They are sold in packs of two $4.99 Walgreens drug store had them 2 for 1 sale so 4 for $4.99.   These are handy they are small enough to carry with you.  I also perfer Moster Java 12pack at Sams Club $19.95 or regular Monster at Sams is $25.99 for a case(24).

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #11 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 12:33pm

I generally do coffee or soda.  Those are cheap.

When I need something more, I generally get the large can of Rock Star.  Those are re-sealable, so I can get many drinks out of one can.  Just 2 to 4 ounces is good for me.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 7:27pm

mr floor;
monster coffee drinks have all the required good stuff. not carbonated and chug a half a can and the sond half for the visit from the beast or a a little extra for afterburn.
i wrote monster co and explained the medical reason i use it and ask for with it. long shot i know the answer is always no till you ask!!!!!! Cool

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #13 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 8:44pm

For the life of me, I can’t see why so many of you want to drink hose piss...  Oxygen is tasteless; we've been hooked on it since the egg and sperm first met and far longer before that.  It works far more effectively and faster than most of the crap people take thinking it keeps or chases the beast away, and there are no side effects... 

Having said that… To each his or her own…

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #14 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 8:48pm

In one word Pete, Convience. It' not always so easy to whip out a tank of o2. Barry posted a few weeks ago about biking and how convient it was. Lisa has found it to be wonderful to keep in the locker room or back pack at school. O2 is her first choice but this is a great alternative for her when it's not handy.

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:29pm

Quote:

Jolt has 2800mg of taurine per can.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 12:38am

Pixie-elf wrote on Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:29pm:
Quote:

Jolt has 2800mg of taurine per can.

Well, you learn something new every day. I had no idea.

You want that I should delete my previous post so nobody gets confused? I'd be happy to.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 12:42am

Batch wrote on Oct 4th, 2008 at 8:44pm:
For the life of me, I can’t see why so many of you want to drink hose piss...  Oxygen is tasteless; we've been hooked on it since the egg and sperm first met and far longer before that.  It works far more effectively and faster than most of the crap people take thinking it keeps or chases the beast away, and there are no side effects...  

Having said that… To each his or her own…

Take care,

V/R, Batch

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're becoming a bit of an O2 snob.

That hose piss stuff - that's subjective.

And, hose piss in combination with oxygen can be a total beast killer.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 7:32am

Don't know if they have a BIG LOTS store where you are but they have some "off brand" energy drinks for $12 a case (24) that work real well and taste a lot better than RB. I get those.

And I do believe in O2 as the first choice, but chug a can of energy drink along witht he O2 occasionally on a BIG hit.

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #19 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 1:07pm

our local Big Lots always have some type of energy drink, usually forf $0.60, but you have to read the labels and pick the most likely one.  I don't care about taste, just the effect.

Charlotte

IP Logged

worst pain ever
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #20 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:15pm

I recently found a new energy drink here in the northeast (CT area)
It is called SPIKE and man does it pack a wallop I mistakenly drank a whole can the first time and thought I was going to have a heart attack(there is a warning on the back that advises drinking a half can the first time to gauge your reaction but I did not notice it and drank the whole thing yikes)evidently there are some REALLY powerful stimulants in this stuff. hope this helps
PF days and nights to everyone

IP Logged

southwalessunshine
CH.com Veteran

caerphilly uk
Reply #21 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:37pm

Most of the alternatives mentioned you can only get in the USA and as any brits here know, that is extremely annoying.  The best alternative I have found here is ASDA's version.  It has exactly the same amount of caffeine and taurine as Red Bull.

keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.&&Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.&&Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.&&Helen keller

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!