Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Clusterheads and creativity/science (Read 7698 times)
Kimmie
CH.com Veteran

OW!!

US
Re: Clusterheads and creativity/science
Reply #25 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 10:18am

hmmm....CH and higher intelligence? I wonder if any actual studies have been done on that.

To accept the challenge is the destiny of leadership.
WWW kimberlydismuke  
IP Logged

jay
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:59am

CH left side

I am a photographer and have 2 art galleries if that helps

IQ doubt I have one any more lol

Live in Scotland so must be mad!

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #27 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 7:56pm

I am a physcopathic serial fish killer. My IQ is somewhere above room temperature. I have a cousin named Art. I'm chronic, right sided. And I ride around on a Trike. Anything else you hear are baseless rumors.

Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

Izzy
CH.com Junior

Choose life.

Red Deer, AB, Canada
Reply #28 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:11pm

I just liked this thread so here's my Jon (um...don't take that the wrong way. *lol* His name is Jonathan but who wants to say all that all the time?)

CH is Episodic/left side
He's got an above-average IQ (whatever that means, these tests are quite relative...)
Introspective/navel gazer
Musician/songwriter/singer
Interested in any & all things to do with biology; psychology; & grunge/hardcore/goth/punk.
Dyslexic
Can't juggle
10+ on nipple sensitivity (just because I *lol*'ed until I almost peed...
Cluster Chuck toes
Perfect butt

Me: I'm just his supporter & have exactly all these things in common except don't have CH. So...personally...I think it's just a coincidence with no real scientific value. Smiley Cheers though.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:19pm by Izzy »  

"There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

IP Logged

shelticon2
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Greensboro NC
Reply #29 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 12:06am

This is an interesting concept. so I'll put in my 2 cents worth.

I'm 44 yrs old
male
electronics engineer/ technician/president/CEO of a company that I started 10 years age (14 employees)
chronic CH
left side CH
play guitar ( not very good, haven't picked it up in a year or so)
in the middle of my first novel ( writing not reading)
Have been tested several times throughout my life with an IQ around 140 (working on lowering that with the help of Jack Daniels)
and my hobies are astrophysics and statistical analysis ( God, what a geek)
Oh yeah.... and I want world peace

I hope this helps your study.

PS. none of my physical attributes are fit for publication

Jim

Cage the Beast

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 12:29am

Me I'm a dumbass, but I can do anything I set my mind to.
Except get rid of CH.
all the best
thebb

PS: I think we are all very special and talented in our own way, more so than, "normal" people. We have our own perspective on pain and life that only CH can give you. Huh

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #31 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:32pm

well here goes. when i was 12 years old my i.q was tested at 137. when i was in high school i went to trade school to be a machinist. i carried an a- average in trigonometry and related math. i had a barely passing grade in english. thank god for spell check. they found cigarettes in my car and kicked  me out. they put me back in regular school with mediocre classes and i got board and dropped out. i immediately went to work at an automotive machine shop. after a year of working there i could do anything in the shop except grind cranks. i became obsessed  with serial numbers and got really good at identifying engine parts and makes.   then owner died and i went to work for a flooring company. i went out on the road doing that for ten or so years got bored with that and then worked a place called as a welder at a place called Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register making haunted house props. got laid off from there and went to truckdriving school. i've been doing that for about 2 years and now i'm currently studying to become a freight agent. seeing the country keeps me interested. i'm hell bent on not having a boss.  i don't play golf and i don't play company politics and it has cost me a few jobs along the way.  

i have been an episodic since i was 12. i'm 32 years old. my cycles last a couple months and i have 3 or 4 years between cycles. currently pain free. my cluster side is right and i am right handed.

personality i'm somewhat of an introvert. i spend weeks by myself and i'm content with that. i love helping people but i'm not a sucker. i listen to old twangy country, classic rock, and big band swing. i've been known to get teary eyed on john denver or ray price songs. i absolutely hate new country music. i wear black t shirts, blue jeans and black boots. not much into fads. i am a geyser of useless and obsolete mechanical information.  

well thats the low down on me. just a basic man. no frills. not much education but allot of tough experience, allot of hard knocks, and allot of skinned up knuckles.

edited to add: jim you mentioned music Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2008 at 7:23pm by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #32 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 9:18pm

Well everyone who knows me, tells that I am very modest and I really hate to "talk big" but for this topic:

I've played piano and both classic and electric guitar for ~5 years but I am horrible @ singing or painting Wink I am good at writing (essays etc. if you can consider it as art).

About IQ... In my opinion whole IQ thing is a piece of sh*t. I mean, it doesn't mean anything. However, it's interesting that so many CH sufferers have relatively high IQ. First of all there are few popular deviations (15, 16, 24) and that's very important. Hehe, there is a Polish pop star who likes to copy Britney, generally she seems to be totally dumb and she had 156 IQ in Mensa test... Smiley

Few years ago, when I was 14 or 15 I did a test for 17+ I did a test and had all answers right, which meant 152 or 156 but I don't know what deviation it was. Also I've talked to a psychologist (dyslexia tests) who said I got at least 140. Now I did short online test, with deviation 15:

I am quite talented @ learning, in primary and secondary school I skept a lot of lessons and didn't learn a lot but I had the best marks in the whole school Wink Unfortunately I got many problems with school since my health problems (CH but not only) started:(
To be honest I am a bit like a renaissance man. Unfortunately, for me it's like a curse... I would rather like to be awesome at one field than good/very good at many. In six months I have Polish equivalent of A-Levels (it's so-called in England, dunno about the States) and I really don't know what subjects I should pick. I've always been very good at maths but overy last two years, due skipping many lessons, I've got many problems. On the other hand I really like writing but journalism isn't very perspective (engineering studies are the most perspective). In the end I think I will have a gap year, prepare myself at chemistry, biology and physics and then study medicine :p

Oh, I made an offtopic and I did something I don't really like (and after posting I will regret it) but at least it is comprehensive :p
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2008 at 5:01am by washed-out »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #33 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:08pm

You spelled essay wrong.

Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #34 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:34pm

Starflow Griner, Please explain to me how knowing if we are more or less creative than the average person helps anything in dealing with this condition.  I'd really like to know where you intended to go with this.   Seriously.

I don't know how I missed this entire thread until today...Potter, as always you crack me up.   As did you Kirk.   Best laughs I've had in a long long time, and maybe the answers you received Starflower IS the point....to make everyone laugh.    Grin

edited to change speeeeling mistraks.   LOL
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:50pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #35 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:43pm

washed-out wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 at 9:18pm:
...Also I've talked to a psychologist (dyslexia tests) who said I got at least 140...

I used to be dyslexic, but I was also crosseyed and they cancelled out...

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #36 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 11:18pm

I'm ambidextrous but only on the right side.

IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #37 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 5:07am

Potter wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:08pm:
   You spelled essay wrong.

Potter

fixed :p (I wrote 'essey' beacuse polish translation is 'esej', two e )

Kilowatt3 wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:43pm:
washed-out wrote on Oct 26th, 2008 at 9:18pm:
...Also I've talked to a psychologist (dyslexia tests) who said I got at least 140...

I used to be dyslexic, but I was also crosseyed and they cancelled out...

Hmm in the end I wasn't diagnosed with dyslexia but 'only' dysgraphia Sad Yeah, my handwriting is really horrible, especially after writing for 10-15 minutes constantly, or when I am under some stress. It's really embarrassing, I can do my homeworks @ PC (such as essAys) but when it comes to write an exam or something...

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #38 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 6:10am

Don't think it is related to science/creativity, it's only your brain trying to kill ya Wink I would be more interested to know if it has any connection to mood disorders, i.e periods of depression, anxiety and so forth.

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #39 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 6:26pm

I grew up in a mahogany tree on the south side of Kuala Lumpur. My parents were macaques but we moved around a lot. They said it was migrating but I heard migraine and things went bad from there. As a child I excelled at feces-throwing and exposing my rump to females, who invariably screamed and leapt for the nearest palm frond. As I got older I develped an inordinate fondness for red licorice, which unfortunately was not popular with tourists in those years. By the time we moved to Sandusky, Ohio it was raining. I still get a twinge in my large right toe whenever Don Ho sings "Tiny Bubbles", and I'm scared of Rosecrucians named Murray. I don't remember anything prior to that Thursday in March.

IP Logged

Johnnystar
CH.com Newbie

Still flowing

Middle of Mississippi River MN
Reply #40 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 2:57pm

I'm right handed and have CH's only on the right side.  I'm not very artistic, but have a bachelors degree in math, and a doctorate in educational psychology.

PFDAN and short cycles to all.

Johnnystar

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #41 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 3:34pm

I can also speak cow.

Potter

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #42 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 12:31am

Potter wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 3:34pm:
   I can also speak cow.

Potter

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #43 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 12:56am

Moo Mooooo Moo & MOOOO!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!