Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
safe alcohol ???  safe marijuana ??? (Read 11587 times)
Jonny
Ex Member

Re: safe alcohol ???  safe marijuana ???
Reply #25 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:08pm

Quote:
I am obviously a bad person

You are how you come off on a message board, so far your about to be banned.....you should re-think, only you can stop that!

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #26 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:13pm

Quote:
Could one of you wise-asses atleast make an attempt at the original post instead of bashing me?

The OP got 8 good responses and 1 bad one. Why in the world you hang around here is beyond me. I guess you are so starved for validation in your pathetic life that you will take any attention at all, even if it is bad.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:31pm

So we are yet to hear anything about Absinthe....k....I get it.  Jimi, you like all have the answer don't you!

P.S.  I hang around just to keep some of you cook's from making everyone live inside your box!  I suppose you can just ignore me.
« Last Edit: Sep 12th, 2008 at 7:07am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:45pm

The question still remains from OP:  "Not to sound like an alcoholic but is there a safe drink out there that is not a trigger ?? I'm a red wine drinker and from my experience when the beast is around I cant even look at a bottle without cringing. Years ago when I had no idea what a trigger was I would notice just after half a glass the beast made his presence known.  As for the pot does anyone know if there is a certain strain out there that is not a trigger ?? Thanks "

Now, stop dumping on me and give your opinion to the question.  I did!

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #29 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 12:49am

Quote:
This is a blocked message from a member you have chosen to Ignore.
To view this message, you will have to Un-Ignore the member.

Smiley

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

DV8
CH.com Newbie

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reply #30 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 5:43am

AlienSpaceGuy wrote on Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:05pm:
Gee,
Geewilly
is giving advice in a manner fitting a troll. Or maybe his brain has been softened up by the consumption of too much Absinthe if he believes there are different kinds of ethanol, or some of the ingredients from wormwood (from which Absinthe is made) does counteract the vasodilatory action of alcohol. Or did he just drink too much methanol (used in furniture polish) to become such an idiot.

While strictly speaking the wormwood-based distilled alcohol might counteract vasodilation, I think that in the end you have to play it safe and just not consume alcohol while in a cycle. Who in their right mind would risk triggering an attack!?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 1:37pm

Quote:
Who here within this topic gave an alternative point of view?

I dont think anyone has tried making a bong out of their bubbler.
Thats alternative.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #32 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 9:26pm

Quote:
Who in their right mind would risk triggering an attack!?

Exactly.   Who indeed.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 11:51pm

Quote:
Who in their right mind would risk triggering an attack!?

Indeed, who in their right mind would trigger an attack?  "Nitroglycerin (glyceryl trinitrate) can sometimes induce cluster headaches in sufferers in a manner similar to spontaneous attacks."  Some chose to test this!

I suppose those who choose to confront a trigger is doing so in the name of science.  We all know that those who would never try any alcohol while in cycle will never answer the question to the original poster to this topic.

I understand staying away from triggers and I also abide by that for the most part.  I also am one who looks for a way to beat a trigger if possible.  You say what you want ... but to never entertain the fact that alcohol doesn’t have to be a trigger is being pretty narrow minded.

Diabetics have chocolate and all sorts of candy that agrees with their condition!  It didn't use to!

IP Logged

hatethebeast
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NJ USA
Reply #34 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 4:02am

Hey everyone Thanks for the feedback. Its been close to 3 weeks since I first posted this. I have been using myself as a guinea pig in that time. I have been trying different things to see what brings on triggers "in the name of science"  Cheesy   I dont know who Geewilly is or why he was banned but he does have a point in his last post. The percentage of people that suffer from these GOD AWFUL headaches is under 1 % right ??? So lets try to narrow down the triggers with a little more precision instead of saying just dont drink or smoke or be around smoke or dont have sex or have more sex or just pace around wishing your fingers could go through temple and constrict your veins  ETC...  I am only 33 and have been dealing with the beast for 12 years (episodic) BUT I have read some posts where people are in there 50s and 60s and still putting up with them.   I know the beast effects everyone different and something will  trigger one person while the other is not even effected by it. I am also SURE that a good percentage of us enjoy the Mary Jane.  SO HERE ARE MY RESULTS : RED WINE just after 6 ounces shadows start ; 5 on the KIP scale 10 - 15 mins later ;  20 ounces coffee downed ; gone in 8 - 20 mins  Wink   WHITE WINE After 12 ounces shadows start ; 4 on the KIP scale 15 - 20 mins later ; 20 ounces of joe gone in 8 - 20 mins .     BEER : 3 pints of lager or ale  shadows start ; 10 - 15 mins later 4 on the KIP scale ; 20 ounces of joe downed ; gone 8 - 15 mins later Wink went back to drinking beer right after downed coffee and got away with another 4 -5 pints and nothing would help except the cocaine (so if you beat it once while your partying dont press your luck) WEED : 6 out 10 times caused a trigger : shadows would come 20 - 30 mins after smoking ; 20 ounces of joe sucked down and CH gone in 8 - 15 mins  Wink   RED WINE AND WEED  Cry  UNMERCIFUL : Shadows started as soon as the two meet ; 40 ounces of coffee did nothing PLUS I took a snort of Zomig AND stood on top of two boxes of frozen spinach and it still took about 2 and half hours to go away!!  BEER AND WEED : Same thing BUT only 2 hours.  Undecided    I also tried cocaine for those 8 or better on the KIP scale and have found that worked every time within 5 - 10 mins BUT lets face it ; you cant be doing that that every time your dealing w/ the beast!!  I have been caught a few times without any coffee or Zomig Or cocaine and it wasnt pretty : the beaste would get up to a 9 on the KIP scale at times until I could get my hands on 1 of the three . AS far as cigs go; they are not a trigger for me. Please understand that these are my findings for me!!!! I will be trying different strains marijuana (Indega and Sativa) within the next month and will let everyone know what happened. Until then I say if you COULD deal with the pain lets all try to figure out whats what and try to make future CH sufferers more aware of precise triggers BECAUSE we shouldnt have stop living just b/c we feel like we are dying !!!! Hey its only a headache right  Wink ; ITS not like its gonna kill us (all though it fells like it might BUT it wont) Cry     Thanks again to everyone     P.S. thanks QWERTY      
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 4:11am by hatethebeast »  

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:40am

HTB,
Thanks for sharing your results and sacrificing your self in the name of 'science.'  I am curious though if you had tracked your experiences on the following day.  In other words, dfid you notice a reduced number of hits or the absence of hits after a night of drinking?  I have myself experienced an absence of hits during a hang over period and am curious if you noticed the same experience.

Thomas

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #36 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:46am

Apparently, alcohol and marijuana are triggers for you.

Just a guess, but I doubt that there will be much difference between C. indica and C. sativa, unless one or the other contains higher proportions of THC.  The common denominator they share is delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, just as the common denominator in alcoholic beverages is alcohol.

As far as the cocaine goes, some folks report relief from lidocaine nose drops.  I'd imagine it's the same mechanism of action.  Cocaine, however, might be considered an inferior choice--taking into account the negative social and personal consequences attending its use, eh?

Best,

George

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:17pm by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #37 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:30pm

Hatethebeast,

It seems you are following geewilly's suggestions to a "t".  

Quote:
... is there a safe drink out there that is not a trigger ??

As for the pot does anyone know if there is a certain strain out there that is not a trigger ??

And, as George summarized from the evidence, the results seem to match what experience has been saying.

George wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:46am:
Apparently, alcohol and marijuana are triggers for you.

The question though has been "why" use these kinds of triggers known to yourself?

hatethebeast wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 4:02am:
...we shouldnt have stop living just b/c we feel like we are dying !!!!

From what appears to be the only reason I can find, red wine, white wine, beer, pot, and cocaine seem to be a desire overwhelming enough to dare against their effect on your CH while somehow being regarded as representing "living".   In the case of cocaine, starting a CH strong enough with the others to have to slide into resorting to it's abortive feature, which George also made a fair comment about.
 There were some words along the way in this conversation about not resorting to pharmaceutical drugs for CH, but last I knew alcohol was also a drug.  If it is becoming apparent not a helpful one for CH, I have heardtell of "living" without, also an interesting pursuit.

« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 2:27pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 1:43pm

Hate the beast:I hate to say I told ya so but, I told ya so. Wink
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 2:55pm

I have to ask.....WHY????

Did you not believe any of the many posts on this subject?  Red wine AND weed??? You must be a masochist.

I have been reading this board for almost two years and I have never read a post where cocaine was recommended as an abortive.  To anyone reading this.......cocaine is NOT an abortive drug for ch!!!

Still shaking my head.

Beth

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:11pm

Quote:

Did you not believe any of the many posts on this subject?  Red wine AND weed??? You must be a masochist.

I have been reading this board for almost two years and I have never read a post where cocaine was recommended as an abortive.  To anyone reading this.......cocaine is NOT an abortive drug for ch!!!

Still shaking my head.

Beth

Actually Beth, it is and I have seen posters say they have had Rx for this very thing on this very board.  I believe I saw it on "the stand up and be counted" thread.  Here have a look:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #41 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Intra-nasal and intra-ocular (presumably) cocaine may very well function as a partial abortive for an acute attack.  It'll deaden the superficial nerves, anyway. 

Doesn't mean I'm going to give it a go, however.  The downsides don't outweigh the upsides. 

Good, bad, or indifferent, the consequences are what they are. 

Best,

George

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 4:11pm

Meth amphetamine aborts a CH as well, that doesn't mean it is a beneficial CH treatment. These types of drugs are much more dangerous than any CH drug therapy and should not be used without your doctors approval, or at least knowledge. Period.
You should check with your doctor before treating CH with any type of self perscribed meds,OTC, alternative, herbal, or illegal.
NO exemptions. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
Brain chemistry is a fickle thing, ours is already messed up, why mess it up more?
Please be careful out there.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 4:25pm

Quote:
Quote:

Did you not believe any of the many posts on this subject?  Red wine AND weed??? You must be a masochist.

I have been reading this board for almost two years and I have never read a post where cocaine was recommended as an abortive.  To anyone reading this.......cocaine is NOT an abortive drug for ch!!!

Still shaking my head.

Beth

Actually Beth, it is and I have seen posters say they have had Rx for this very thing on this very board.  I believe I saw it on "the stand up and be counted" thread.  Here have a look:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

OK....I'll rephrase to say that cocaine is not a treatment that I would ever recommend for treating ch.  I have seen too many people lose everything including their lives over this drug.  Not worth it IMHO

Beth

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #44 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 5:40pm

I found some Molly Jane in Jamica that stopped a hit dead in it's tracks, but that was years ago and I couldn't bring it home with me, so I'll just stick with my O2 and lay off the drinks when I'm in a high cycle (don't drink that much anyhow - bad for us OLD folks ya know).

But I'm with you Beth -- WHY? Why would anyone (even for science) give themselves a CH is beyond me. I'm just not into pain this week. Don't bother me at all to sit in a bar and drink tea or coffee..

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 6:49pm

ooooh my Hate The Beast if you look back at my first posts I was some what with you but hey you took it to a whole nother level.   I've been a chronic suffer for a while and am one of the bad boys here I enjoy beer I wish beer could cure CH, Fosters, Red Stripe, well pretty much any beer I dont know if I dont drink enough to notice that its a trigger or its a trigger and I dont know it my point being that I am a chronic clusterhead and you saying cocaine helps abort your headaches makes me what to go out and buy some coke,  now if I did this it would probably kill me due to my other health problems, so be careful what you post here,  you may just hurt one of our borthers or sisters.  Thanks,  Phil
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 6:52pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #46 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:47pm

Hate the beast..

I hope from all of the replies you are somewhat "getting the picture"  Angry

I also hope any newcomers to this site who may be reading what you wrote and desperate enough to try such a hare-brained option, will take heed of what everyone has said here.    Roll Eyes

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #47 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:54pm

I think that you summed it up pretty well, Linda.  So many of you would love PF time and this guy is doing this stuff to himself on purpose.  It just seems crazy to me.  I also hope that any newcomers don't try any of this crazy business.

Love, Hugs & Kisses  Kiss

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #48 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:57pm

hatethebeast wrote on Sep 29th, 2008 at 4:02am:
BECAUSE we shouldnt have stop living just b/c we feel like we are dying !!!! Hey its only a headache right  Wink ; ITS not like its gonna kill us (all though it fells like it might BUT it wont)       

I think that's where some may differ from you- the definition of living-  snorting cocaine( not medically prescribed lidocaine) and smoking pot recreationally is not on my top 100 list of fun things to do to stay on top of my social game.   In or out of cycle.   That kind of 'fun' living is associated with far too much risk for me- the ultimate one being the livelihood of my family . 

However, RC Seed treatment is not out of the question for me yet.  But again not recreationally-

ummm.... thanks for being a 'guinea pig' i guess?

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #49 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 11:28pm

Please don't thank him Mezza.   He isn't a Guinea pig for anyone HERE and is in my mind...a moron.  he is serving only himself, and badly at that!

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!