Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
well one of my heroes passed on. (Read 731 times)
-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
well one of my heroes passed on.
Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:13pm

i can honestly say i've been a george carlin fan since i was a small child. my mother used to have toledo window box on lp (yes she is that cool) then we got hbo. i've always had a great deal of respect for george carlin.
he could always take the most simple things like fingernail clippings, or toilet paper, spend 20 minutes talking about it, and some how keep it interesting. he was extremely intelligent and could craft words together like an artist. it seem that the older he got the funnier he was. if i could meet one famous person i always wanted it to be george carlin, the original class clown.

now as far as new jersey goes...........
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

artonio7
Ex Member

Re: well one of my heroes passed on.
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 12:00am

I've always enjoyed him too Johnny... and I feel a bit sad that he won't come up with any new material. I found this particularly ironic... it's from his last HBO special.

with warm regards,
Tony

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 12:46am

yeah that was a hell of a note for a last hbo special. wow.

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 1:19pm

I adored George Carlin.  His early stuff still make sme laugh my guts out.

That bit on death was a hoot.  "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask" . . . . CALL HIS BLUFF!!!!

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!