Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My hugs got me in trouble..... (Read 3164 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
My hugs got me in trouble.....
Jun 24th, 2008 at 8:01am

Yesterday I was just working my little rear off when the phone rang. It was my old parish priest from Gladewater... Couldn't imagine why he was calling me....

Well, turns out he wanted to know if I knew this other parishioner... yep he's a client of mine.  Welllll, his wife is in his office for "counseling". Seems she found this note I wrote the guy - mostly chewing him out cause he won't keep records I can READ!!! But I signed it "Hugs BD" to take the sting out of the chewing out... DUH!!!

Now I'm the OTHER WOMAN!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley  It was a shock to say the least, but I think we got it worked out. She was laughing before it was over - I invited her to the farm for a day of "girl talk" and she promised to come and get her "hugs" also.  Wink 

I reminded the priest that I never missed a chance to hug him (and the Bishop)  when I lived in Gladewater and he was laughing too.

Ya know, I don't know why people get so uptight over something ike this. I sign most of my letters, "hugs" - it's just me (ok so maybe it's not the most professional way to do it, but that's just how I do it!) And I NEVER hang up the phone without telling the person on the other end, "I love you!" Most people need to hear that. Sometimes it shakes up an IRS agent, but they really need to hear it (and YES, I do!).

Oh well, I sat there and shook my head for a few minutes after the call and then went back to work.... Just one more exciting day at the farm.... Cool

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Mat
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Re: My hugs got me in trouble.....
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 10:38am

I've missed your hugs Barbara.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 10:48am

Well here's a special one for you my love... (Charlie'll have to put the graphic's in -- I don't have his way with them... but the thought is there). Kiss

Hugs BD

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 11:46am

Why you shameless hussy.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
All for you Barbara
thebb Smiley

IP Logged

Tiannia
CH.com Alumnus

Life does not apologies......

Eugene, OR
Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 12:02pm

Ah, Barb.  I had the same issue with me calling someone "Hun".  I said "Thanks, Hun" to a co-worker and got called in for Sexual Harassment training, because a co-worker heard me and was offended.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2008 at 12:26pm by Tiannia »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Tiannia_L  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 12:15pm

It's all crap, but we live in a very litigious society. The era of the lawsuit. If one desires to stay away from all that, one has to be very careful about what one says.

There's an old Yiddish proverb that, roughly translated, says "Just because something is true doesn't mean it needs to be spoken." Especially in the business world.

IP Logged

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Warr Acres, Oklahoma
Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 12:30pm

Wow....I would say unbelievable, but unfortunately, it's really not!  I want to get up on my soapbox so bad, but I won't...I wouldn't want to offend anyone  Wink

I am not surprised that you had them laughing at themselves in the end Barbara... Kiss  Keep being who you are! 

kisses, and I Love You!! April!

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” By Maya Angelou

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 12:51pm

Barb, darling,  Roll Eyes

Unfortunately, you have been a victim of PC (politically correctionism).

No longer can we hug anyone, let alone say "Hugs" to anyone.  No longer can we say "love ya", without it being taken literally as "LOVE YA" in the biblical sense.

A kindergarten teacher is not allowed to hug one of her little 5 year old student for fear that she/he will be labeled a pedophile when little Jonny or Janey goes home and tells mommy and daddy that my teacher hugged me today.

The world is going nuts and this is not a good thing.

So, Barb, keep sending those hugs.  We all want them.

Kiss, kiss, hug, hug

Sandy

God forbid, between the darling at the top, and the kisses at the bottom, we must be having an affair!  Grin

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 1:06pm

Sandy_C wrote on Jun 24th, 2008 at 12:51pm:
A kindergarten teacher is not allowed to hug one of her little 5 year old student for fear that she/he will be labeled a pedophile when little Jonny or Janey goes home and tells mommy and daddy that my teacher hugged me today.

Not exactly... most teachers (of young students)are generous with hugs, but are careful of anything that could be misconstrued.

Some people are just cold, and can't imagine hugging anyone outside their kids (and for some, even that's a stretch). I suppose in a small business, you can get away with saying hugs...but in bigger workplaces, no way.

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

artonio7
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 1:22pm

Yep... I know what you mean sweetie... My HUGS once got me in trouble in a Biker Bar... sheesh... Some folks have no sense of tenderness.

with warm regards,
Tony

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 1:30pm

Quote:
My hugs got me in trouble.....

the phone rang. It was my old parish priest from Gladewater... Couldn't imagine why he was calling me....

"Yeah hello, Barbara?  Someone has approached me at the church with a note from you I interpret to be the writing of incantations to a man bonded in matrimony influencing him to keep records for making sacrifices you term "taxes" to a heretical higher power called the IRS in a form that appears to be the devil's writing, and then closing the message with the power of a magical attracting charm.
 I've concluded judgment of three stones to be tossed at you before being shaved bald and burned at the stake, a bake sale and bingo tent will follow.  Rest assured dear strayed one I will murmur for your soul as I scrawl the "W" on your forehead."
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2008 at 3:33pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 1:30pm

Tony, honey, sweetie (Geez, I'm already in trouble with the PC police)

You get whatever you deserve in a biker bar!

Love ya

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 3:11pm

Back in here, the Finnish language is luckily clear what comes to the words like kiss, hug, honey and so on. So when they're expressed, no mistakes can be made. BUT because Finns usually end up following what happends elsewhere... who knows! Grin

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Kevin_M wrote on Jun 24th, 2008 at 1:30pm:
[quote]

"Yeah hello, Barbara?  Someone has approached me at the church with a note from you I interpret to be the writing of incantations to a man bonded in matrimony influencing him to keep records for making sacrifices you term "taxes" to a heretical higher power called the IRS in a form that appears to be the devil's writing, and then closing the message with the power of a magical attracting charm.
 I've concluded judgment of three stones to be tossed at you before being shaved bald and burned at the stake, a bake sale and bingo tent will follow.  Rest assured dear strayed one I will murmur for your soul as I scrawl the "W" on your forehead."

Kevin, only you... Kiss  LMAO...

And Sandy -- I'm afraid our secret is out now... Grin Grin Grin That "darling" did it... Wink

Lordy I needed a laugh today and you guys are wonderful -- thanks..

Hugs and kisses - Luv you all  BD

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:01pm

I'm probably reading this all wrong, so  I apologize ahead of time.

If, by Parish priest you are referring to Catholic Priest,  it should have been against his vow of confidentiality to have called you with this information and questions about a parishoner that he was counseling?

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #15 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:52pm

She was there with him Linda and asked him to call, so it wasn't a breach of confidentiality... not to worry. I talked to her with him sitting there. Everything is straightened out now....

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 8:14pm

BarbaraD wrote on Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:52pm:
She was there with him Linda and asked him to call, so it wasn't a breach of confidentiality... not to worry. I talked to her with him sitting there.

Geez, I understood that from your first post.....LOL  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #17 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 8:51pm

I know just what you mean Barb.  I got in trouble every time I hugged my wife  Smiley

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #18 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 12:23am

We are living in a ridiculous time.
Not surprised kid but geeze..........

Here are some hugs Barb.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #19 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 2:34am

DennisM1045 wrote on Jun 24th, 2008 at 8:51pm:
I know just what you mean Barb.  I got in trouble every time I hugged my wife  Smiley

-Dennis-

I wonder why - How many children do you have???????  
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!