Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166495 times)
boinng
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #700 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:33pm

Just thought I'd pop in again (as it's over 3 years since my last post) and update the forum on my current situation, as it was officially the end of my annual season on the 21st. I'm overjoyed to post that I haven't had a single CH episode in over two years, thanks to a strict regime of 1 dose of shrooms per week during the cycle, and one dose a month during the rest of the year. 1 dose is 5 Liberty Caps i.e. barely perceptible levels of mental effect other than a rather good mood.

The reason I adopted the once a month cycle is that on the first year following a successful 'cancellation' (my season was usually Sept 21st to Dec 21st) I had a sudden onset of CH on June 21st, from nowhere too. One day I was fine, the next day back in hell. None of the slow build-up over a fortnight I would normally experience. Additionally, the long days were really confusing, as it was obvious that long nights (over 12 hours dark) were my normal trigger.

I had to assume that the busting of the previous  year had 'worn off', and that a 'reset' rather than total cancellation was the primary effect of the shroom treatment. Not having much idea what to do, I started the usual once-a-week treatment, hoping like hell that I wouldn't be too late, as I found most success beginning the treatment before the CH attacks began. After two doses, the headaches faded quickly in intensity and then stopped. So I decided that a once-a-month dose is probably a good idea, and just 'reset' for ever!

I was methodical in my collection this year, as I'm determined never to get stuck again, and probably have enough for three year's worth of treatments now. Plenty more up the road when I eventually run out.

So - I call that a success. No other meds needed, no cost other than the bus fare to the countryside to pick them (and a nice walk whilst I'm there adds value!), and no more unwanted disruption to my life from excrutiating pain.

Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #701 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 1:38pm

My CH's have never stayed on any paticular cycle the first couple years were in the summer but then after that they were totally unpredictable anywhere from 6-22 months between cycles.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #702 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 6:27pm

Bioavailability of ergocalciferol from UV-B irradiated mushrooms in healthy adults deficient in serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D: a randomized controlled trial.

Mushrooms are abundant in ergosterol, which can be converted into ergocalciferol by ultraviolet (UV) irradiation. Our objective was to investigate the bioavailability of ergocalciferol-enhanced mushrooms by UV-B in humans, and comparing it with an ergocalciferol supplement.

Fresh mushrooms were irradiated with an UV-B dose of 1.5 J/cm(2), increasing ergocalciferol content from <1 to 491 μg /100 g of fresh mushrooms and made to an experimental soup. In this 5-week, single-blinded, randomized, placebo-controlled trial, 26 young subjects with serum 25(OH)D 50 nmol/l were randomly assigned into three groups ((a) mushroom, (b) supplement and (c) placebo). They received during winter (a) 28,000 IU (700 g) ergocalciferol (2) via the experimental soup, or (b) 28,000 IU ergocalciferol via a supplement or (c) placebo, respectively.

Results:
After 2 weeks, serum 25(OH)D was significantly higher in the mushroom than in the placebo group (P=0.001). The serum 25(OH)D concentrations in the mushroom and supplement groups rose significantly and similarly over the study period by 3.9 nmol/l (95% confidence interval (95% CI): 2.9, 4.8) and by 4.7 nmol/l per week (95% CI: 3.8, 5.7), respectively.

Conclusions:
We are the first to demonstrate in humans that the bioavailability of ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) from mushrooms irradiated with UV-B was effective in improving vitamin D status and not different than a vitamin D2 supplement. This trial was registered at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register as DRKS00000195.

My take on this study… Psilocybin mushrooms clearly contain large quantities of ergosterol.  If they're dried in direct sunlight, they'll have a high enough concentration of ergocalciferol, (vitamin D2), to have a significant preventative effect on cluster headaches.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #703 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:52pm

I was chronic for 37 years until i found Pete Batches Vitamin D3 therapy and I have been pain free for 67 days now so i just want others to know about this also and the success rate is about equivalent to busting so there is a legal alternative to busting which i have no doubt works well for so many but everyone needs to know about all alternatives to the traditional meds which most do not have the success rate as busting and D3 therapy and many of these old school meds have severe long lasting and some permanent side affects.Everyone has the right to treat there CH the way they want to but with alternative therapies you just have more options that WORK and just give you the option to try so not trying to offend anyone but just be helpful and give information that is factual and optional for those seeking alternatives. I know Bob W. and i believe he is a knowledgeable sincere good man who wants to help those with CH become pain free....Just my 2 cents but i just want to share my pain free joy too.....Johnny Smiley

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #704 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 7:59pm

I have been taken D3 and am not pain free but am not having as many or as severe attacks. I am just wondering if I need to add D2 to my regiment as well?

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #705 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:15pm

I don't believe so but Pete Batch is the expert on D3 therapy so he would be the person to message for those answers but personally i have not heard of anyone needing D2 as well also you need to be patient with D3 therapy as it may take as long as 2 months to get to the pain free level and hearing what you said that your headaches are les frequent and less of strength is the classic signs that it is starting to work for you so just be patient and good things should happen.....best of luck....Johnny Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:19pm by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Tim Cobb
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #706 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:26pm

Patience is one thing CH teaches and how.

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #707 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 8:29pm

You need to follow Batches instructions on the thread Vitamin D3 Regimen and Survey here on the medications and treatments page and get your D3 levels checked by your doctor with a 25 ohd lab test to get your levels between 60 and 110 ng/ml level to become and maintain a pain free  D3 level so just follow Batches treatment instructions also the facts with any medication is it doesn't work for everyone and everyone is different but from hearing you it sounds like you are well on your way!! I wish you the very best of luck to become pain free cause it is AWESOME!!.....Johnny Smiley

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #708 - Dec 27th, 2012 at 10:58am

Batch wrote on Dec 24th, 2012 at 6:27pm:
My take on this study… Psilocybin mushrooms clearly contain large quantities of ergosterol.  If they're dried in direct sunlight, they'll have a high enough concentration of ergocalciferol, (vitamin D2), to have a significant preventative effect on cluster headaches.

The highest dosage of Vitamin D found in mushrooms (shiitake's) exposed to sunlight was 46,000 IU per 100 grams, making it 460 IU per gram.  To get to the doses of Vitamin D that we are talking about people would need to take astronomical amounts of hallucinogenic mushrooms.  Very few people take more than 3 grams at a time, at the most they would do this once a week, but even that would be extreme.  Most folks are taking these mushrooms once a month or just a few times a year.  It would be very hard (and very dangerous for your mental health) to try to get your Vitamin D requirements from Psilocybin mushrooms.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #709 - Dec 30th, 2012 at 12:42pm

It would be very hard (and very dangerous for your mental health) to try to get your Vitamin D requirements from Psilocybin mushrooms.

Yes, it would. Thank you, Ricardo. This thread is about entheogens' efficacy on CH. There is (at least) one other thread that extolls the virtues of D3 and its efficacy (123 days pf). I think it would serve new readers best if we stay on topic.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2012 at 12:42pm by nani »  

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #710 - Jan 4th, 2013 at 6:21pm

Yep,

Nani, your right again... Apples and Oranges.

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

tachead
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #711 - Feb 1st, 2013 at 12:44pm

hugs nani! Smiley vitamin m.....not d.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #712 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 9:09pm

Over 5 years and still going strong!!!!!

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #713 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 6:21am

Cannabinoids and Hallucinogens for Headache, by Dr. Brian McGeeney.  Friggin amazing....

A pretty painless sign up to medscape gives you access to the full article.

Dr. McGeeney works for Boston University and is accepting new patients...He has been my Neuro for over a year now and I can not recommend him highly enough.  He has been in my view, nothing short of amazing. 

-Ricardo

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #714 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 8:20am

Over three years and still going!!   Smiley

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #715 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 4:32pm

4+ years here!!

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #716 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:51am

I know that many many of us have gotten relief from both the vitamin d,, and the mushroom therapy.  However,  I dont believe that the  mushrooms are helping us because they contain vitamin d.  If that were true,  why would some of us get good relief from LSD?  They are working in diffferent ways,  Obviously,  because those of us on the vitamin therapy need to stay on it continuously, meaning, daily,  while those of us on the mushrooms or LSD, etc,  need to only dose occasionally, not daily.  There is something else going on here that is causing the same effects for some of us.

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #717 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 9:28am

Has anybody been able to say that they have gotten 3 or 4 years remission from anything but psychedelics?

I'm not talking about taking daily meds like verapamil or Vitamin D.  I'm saying has there ever been anyone EVER who has felt like they took a drug a few times a year and ended up with years of remission?

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #718 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 9:30am

chrisw wrote on Apr 29th, 2013 at 7:51am:
I dont believe that the  mushrooms are helping us because they contain vitamin d. 

Yeah that whole idea seemed a bit more than ridiculous.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #719 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 9:40am

Quote:
I'm not talking about taking daily meds like verapamil or Vitamin D.

You classify vitamin D as a med?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #720 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 11:49am

eh...bad choice of words (although when you are talking about taking Vitamin D at the high levels that we are it might just qualify more as a "med" than as a supplement or a vitamin...)

How about    "I'm not talking about taking a daily substance like verapamil or Vitamin D"   instead...

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #721 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 2:31pm

I really don't mean to mince your words, Ricardo. I do understand what you're point is, i.e., having to take something daily to keep the beast at bay. Nothing else that I know of can hold a candle to the success rate of psychedelics in terms of required frequency of ingestion.

Personally, I feel the whole vitamin D deficiency thing started when man started moving and settling away from the equator. Central heat and air conditioning have sped that process, and now hardly any of us get enough natural vitamin D.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #722 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 6:39am

It's good to keep the discussions and the research going strong in BOTH of these directions. Go to clusterbusters, or read the Vitamin D-3 thread, and we see incredible numbers of people getting their lives back again. I'm coming up on my 3rd year anniversary of pain free on D-3 I have many close friends who have similar stories about Vitamin M! I closely track the progress Bob and his tireless crew are making on the vitamin M front. I also track Batch's work and tweak my regimen every time he does. When all is said and done, the value in lives regained of these two methods of dealing with CH, is simply impossible to measure.

I tip my hat to those resposible for both paths.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #723 - Apr 30th, 2013 at 7:40am

I also tip my hat to those tireslessly trying to help others with this problem.  You know they really didnt have to pass on the word when they found something that helped them.

The last cycle I had, I dosed with LSD, and I was relatively pain free for over two yrs!!  Thats six cycles avoided.  Hundreds of headaches avoided.  I didnt think the dose helped me at first because I didnt see immediate results, and I assumed when they went away shortly afterwards, they were just ending naturally.   I now think the LSD is what caused this two yr period of bliss, and I am working very hard to find some more. 
    Mushroom dosing doesnt seem to work for me as I take anti seizure meds and they seem to block the effects. 
    There should be no argument however, about which method is better, etc.  Each person needs to decide which way they want to go.  I tried the D3, I am still doing it in fact,  my levels are up to theraputic levels, but its not helping me.
     I think with more research, (which will probably never happen) we would learn that CH is caused by different reasons for different people.  Therefore different treatments may work for different people.

It is hard, however, for a middle aged 43 yr old to hunt down some LSD  !!!!!!

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #724 - May 7th, 2013 at 11:39am

Guiseppi wrote on Apr 30th, 2013 at 6:39am:
It's good to keep the discussions and the research going strong in BOTH of these directions.

I agree completely.  The hallucinogens and the Vitamin D protocol seem to have a much higher success rate than just about anything else.  It makes me think that there may be a common denominator...and the only thing I can find that they both do is lower Tumor Necrosis Factor levels pretty substantially...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!