Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166614 times)
-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #625 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 12:59pm

"shocked" posted this on our sister site. thought it was pretty cool. thanks bob

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

just-squiggles
Ex Member

Reply #626 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 4:31pm

I know of 4ppl that shrooms don't work for (Happy now BobP?)
That being said,I've lost count of the number of ppl
that they do work for.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #627 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:49pm

Quote:
that they do work for.
This is usually the case for most of us.  Those 4 ppl you speak of possibly aren't even using this therapy correctly.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

just-squiggles
Ex Member

Reply #628 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 12:15am

Chad wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 10:49pm:
Quote:
that they do work for.

Can only speak for two of them6yrs and one 9yrs
(lost count of how many doses)3 kinds of seeds, shrooms
, LSD ((also various mixtures of both)) still
the same.But you may be right and the right dose and
dosing schedule just might do the trick.I still believe
in clusterbusters but it may be like any other med
nothing works for everyone.

PF2ALL

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #629 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 12:11am

Quote:
Those 4 ppl you speak of possibly aren't even using this therapy correctly.

See Bob! Grin Told ya.
the bb

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #630 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 6:17am

I saw it and had to smile.
Busting or no busting, pain free for almost 6 years now.  Maybe I should have hung onto some of the doses I gave away at the Atlanta OUCH conference just in case.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2010 at 6:25am by Bob P »  

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #631 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 12:32pm

Bob,

6 yrs PF, may it never end.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #632 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 2:53pm

Quote:
pain free for almost 6 years now.

Gee Bob, perhaps you did it correctly after all. You know I had one of the longest remissions ever after my first busting attempt. I don't recall keeping it a big secret.
Its' that or this:Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
In any event I sure am happy for you big man.
the bb Cheesy
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2010 at 2:58pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #633 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 5:13pm

I've been known to don an aluminum chapeau from time to time...

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #634 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 8:06pm

The PF time is just because I am getting old.  Outgrowing them.  Doesn't mean I don't believe in busting.  Glad it works for so many.  My only problem was in the early days when some professed conjecture as fact.  Felt I had to call them out on that.

How is Flash BTW?

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #635 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 8:24pm

Quote:
My only problem was in the early days

You are old. Wink  I am glad you called the conjecture you speak of. One of the many reasons I like and respect you. That and your huge, a little guy like me likes to have large friends. Smiley Whatever the reason, I am happy your in the big remission.
the bb

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #636 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:43pm

I had to think of something to get this thread back up near the top, so.... the 1-5-10 day dosing schedule that Michael tried was not only ineffective but set him back a bit. Two attempts subsequently also failed so Michael's had a pretty tough time of it for the last month.

Then, an Angel appeared in our lives with a blotter gift which was taken last evening. A very mild experience that we hope produces some PF time, but we'll just have to wait and see. We all hoped that the psychedelics would prove to be our magic bullet. It seems that almost everyone gets positive results with them but we're finding that there's little consistency in those results both from one person to another and from dose to dose for the same person. Gradually increasing the dosage until the CH is busted is typically only the first step. The HAs usually return. For some, once is all it takes. For most, a dosing schedule must be found whereby a specific amount (which usually varies with time) is taken at lengthening intervals until maintenance dosing from once to several times per year is adequate. Many have been able to find that unique combination for themselves but many more are still experimenting. Everyone's waiting anxiously for BOL. In the meantime, though, I still feel that psychedelics are by far the best and least damaging weapons we have.

Ron

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

1961mom
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Eugene, Or
Reply #637 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 8:57pm

I've spent the entire day reading this thread from beginning to end Smiley

I really appreciate the manner in which CH sufferers and supporters alike interact.  Issues come up, are discussed, ideas are thrown out there for the reader to try (or not), folks are genuine and sincere, funny and even pissy at times....but its all good, we're the best family I've ever adopted!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanking the Airline Industry for my borrowed quote
"Put your Oxygen mask on first, then assist others"
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?ref  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #638 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 6:16pm

Hi all,

I haven't posted here for a couple of months so, both to provide an update on Michael for anyone interested and to bump this thread up where someone might find it, here goes:

Michael's had very little PF time since the 1st of the year. The transition from winter to spring is I think a big part of it as many others seem to be experiencing the same thing. He's busted regularly but rarely over the past few months has he gotten significant PF time. Occasionally a lightening up or maybe a few hours here and there but nothing much to speak of. He has a job in a brewery that he loves and even though a big part of the time he's had to work with a HA, he's missed very little work. His overall condition has improved so much since he started busting that even the bad days now are so much better than the good days before that he can almost live a normal life. Each bust seems to have weakened his CH a little and strengthened his response to it. It's frustrating that the process is so slow; at least that's been the case for him.

It's a little premature to shout success but, in view of our lack of progress the past couple of months, I've just got to think that this is significant: Night before last, Michael took a single tab of LSD along with 2.0g of mushrooms. Over the past year or so, he's had a lot of psychedelics but never a combo. His recent experiences have been that the day he takes one of the drugs is followed by 3 days of worsening HAs and then hopefully some PF time. This time both his CH and his constant background HA (that's what he calls it but it's probably chronic migraine) gradually receded until this morning all traces of both were gone. It hasn't been a very long time; less than 1/2 a day (although yesterday he said he had a little hangover but no HA, so maybe it's been more like a day and 1/2), but he's completely PF. That's awesome news! I'll report back in a couple of days.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #639 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 6:50pm

Crossing my fingers for you and Michael, Ron. Good to hear he's finally catching a bit of a break.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #640 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 9:58pm

Bumpareenooo'sssss
the bb Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #641 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 10:29am

Your posts are always making me smile and feel that little bit of joy from life inside Ron.

I am praying to God Michael will get PF asap, and work on Psychadelics will advance so much he will be taken into trial as his case is one of many around here, that need attention from medical and university professionals.

Matty

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #642 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 4:04pm

He's a tough nut to crack, Matty. That's for sure. He's far from okay but compared to where he was a couple of years ago, he's been cured. He's got a job that he loves where he's appreciated. Being chronic, his HA is always present but the average Kip level has dropped from probably 7 to 3. He's optimistic about his future. Planning to return to school within the next year. Got his driver's license back. Every bust makes it a little better.

So, Matty, how are you?

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #643 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 4:44pm

I am good, just moved to other city and lived in dorm for 3 and half month at my university, but I moved finally to apartment or studio, however you call it, and got myself internet connection so I am back Smiley

It is really awesome to be back again, I love to read this site and sister site, I have lots of threads and posts to read through!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #644 - May 4th, 2011 at 7:02pm

2 year anniversary, thanks clusterbusters
thebb

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #645 - May 4th, 2011 at 7:14pm

In my wildest dreams I couldn't be happier that this thread has reached what?????   20-plus pages? 

Go Bob, Go Bob...
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2011 at 7:16pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #646 - May 12th, 2011 at 4:50pm

RC seeds have my head under control.   I'm so glad I decided to try them.

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

jmchris
CH.com Newbie

Neoprene Fish Slayer

Seminole, FL
Reply #647 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:52am

Just to share with any skeptics.  HBWR and RC have done nothing short of given me my life back over the last year.  I used HBWR to terminate a cycle last year.  Preventative doses have kept my CH away each time it started to return over the last year.  Recently my cycle stated again and  I waited too long on my dose to prevent it.  A few days ago I self treated and am nearly PF in less than 4 days.  (only 2 mild hits since last dose).

I'm no longer the angry, zombie, scared to sleep, on edge of loosing my job etc. etc. I was before I started hallucinogen treatment.  (and by the way they're really nothing like TV would have think they are).  I've NEVER hallucinated at all, at worst, just a little dizzy.  Actually significanly less impact to my mental ability to think straight than Imitrex!  I can't think straight for 3 days after an imitrex injection, and that only works for one hit!  Hallucinogen treatments have a high success rate of breaking the entire cycle.

I hope this helps, and gives hope to those researching options after their Dr treatments have failed.  (Nothing the Dr prescribed worked for me accept O2, and needless to say that does nothing for cycle termination)

PF wishes to all!
Jeff

IP Logged

kika
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #648 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 3:53am

Add me to the list. I am beyond astounded that this method worked, but it did. For the first time in 11 years I have circumvented the most awful part of my life using this approach ( after trying 95% of all the other prescription preventatives with zero success).

Thank God for clusterbsuters ( and CH.com for leading me there) is all I can say.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #649 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 8:23am

That's fantastic news Kika, we love "beast slaying" stories! Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!