Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166632 times)
bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #600 - Sep 23rd, 2010 at 3:43pm

Well, I guess this last bust worked. Mike's been under the weather recently (me too) which made him unsure. If the bust had been successful, we expected him to be completely PF yesterday morning and when he wasn't we felt the bust hadn't worked. Saturday night was the first time since the very first that he busted using LSD rather than shrooms. He took 3 tabs from an Angel's gift of 6 tabs of unknown strength. We decided on 3 tabs since 2-3/4 tabs only made our benefactor a little light-headed. The effect on Michael was similar. It'll be interesting to see if his PF time increases using the stronger psychedelic.

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #601 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 2:08pm

We learned something new with this last dose. Michael took the last 3 tabs a week after the first but while still PF. We hoped to be able to avoid the 3 days of worsening HAs he experiences when dosing after the HAs return. It didn't work. He's had a HA all week. Not incapacitating but very uncomfortable. It's been a long time since he's had an incapacitating HA (Hooray!, Hooray!). Anyway, I think we now know that dosing when PF doesn't work for him - but it was worth a try. He'll dose again tonight with shrooms

-Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #602 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 4:25pm

Thanks for keeping us updated on the trial and error pioneering y'all are doing, and here's hoping the shrooms get Michael back to the PF zone this week!

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #603 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 10:01pm

That's great news! Tell him as soon as he kicks the beast to the curb I'll meet him at McIlhenny's for another round of Exponential Hoppiness! Wink (REALLY strong IPA..not for the faint of heart!)

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #604 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:37pm

Just when you think you know, you know?

Michael's Dr gave him a medication to try to help him not sweat so much. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time; I mean, what could he give him for sweating that could affect his CHs? He tried to bust twice subsequent to starting on the sweating med and neither time was effective. We thought that maybe the psychedelics had outlived their effectiveness. Then I read the label on the sweating Rx: Inderal (Propranolol); A beta-blocker. Damn! He spent 3 weeks unnecessarily suffering with a HA. Not horrible. They don't get horrible anymore. (Knock on wood). Saturday b4 last was the last time he took the Inderal. He busted last Thursday, had his now typically worsening HAs for 3 days following busting and woke up this morning PF!

Joe, it's almost time for some more Expo.

-Blake

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #605 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 3:30pm

Joe, it's almost time for some more Expo.

You know I'm all over that!!!

Joe

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #606 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:49pm

If I may interject something into your booze guzzling festivity planning  Cheesy for a moment, glad to hear that the interference of the pesky drug may have worn off now for Michael, and here's hoping this bust gets him back to some nice lengthy PF time!

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #607 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 4:07am

Thanks for the thoughts. Come on out, Jeebs. We'll buy you a beer!

-Blake

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #608 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 9:00am

Stories like yours make all of us smile! Smiley Would strongly suggest you visit   clusterbusters.com     as they have this treatmnet regimen down to a science! Could not be happier for you, as a fellow musician, I can't stand the thought of the beast silencing the music! Angry

Keep the smiling, pain free days coming.

Joe
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2010 at 9:01am by Guiseppi »  

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #609 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 12:57pm

What an inspiring story and a perfect photo to sum it up.  Cool

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #610 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 4:12pm

Hi violinmaker,

Damn! Now, that's how I like to start the day. Can't imagine a much stronger recommendation. Exactly how many of us have felt (though your picture is far more eloquent than any description). I'm guessing that the expression on your face was much like my son's when he first yelled: "It works!, it works!" Little wonder that they're called "magic mushrooms."

You mention reading most of this and the "other board." Is the "other board" Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register If not, you really should check it out. It's devoted to the use of "alternatives" (mainly psychedelics) in the treatment of CH. I'm sure that everyone there would be very much interested in your story. Your dose (1/8 oz. or 3.5g) is up into recreational size. Most "Busters" find 1.5-2.0g adequate. You don't need to "trip" for it to work.

I once had shingles from mid-chest around to the left to mid-back. It was the worst case that either of the doctors I saw had ever seen. I can't imagine having it on my face.

Welcome violinmaker. We hope you stick around. Your experiences will benefit many.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #611 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 9:57am

Wonderful news!  It gives hope to those of us who need it.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #612 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:41am

I think I just now learned, from another topic on this site, that those of us who are of a mind to recommend or to advise on the use of psychedelics in the treatment of CH should not but rather should direct the questioner to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register. Did I read that right?
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:56pm by bonkers »  

-Blake

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #613 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:37pm

As I responded to the other post I don't think that is necessary.  I hope you will keep this alive over here.  It gives hope that the research will be finally approved and we can all access the relief those who are able to bust can enjoy.  I rejoice with you every time you post about Michael's successes and groan with you every time you post of his struggles.  Please don't get the idea alternatives should not be discussed here.  DJ is the only one who should say that.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #614 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 11:10pm

Sounds good to me, Callico. The error was mine. I misinterpreted what was being said by others. My bad.

Michael's last bust got him just short of 7 days PF. A shadow woke him up at 2 or 3am on the 7th day. He immediately got up, dosed with 4-2/3g and WENT BACK TO SLEEP! He said that neither his sleep nor his dreaming were effected by the dose. He must REALLY be used to taking this stuff. He started taking a new drug for his overactive sweat glands (Catapress pills). I hope it doesn't interfere with his busting because it works. Let's see: too much sweating or cluster headaches. What to choose. What to choose.

Something we haven't tried yet is busting while he's PF. This next time, he's going to dose at about the 4th or 5th day of his painfreedom and see if maybe we can avoid the 3 days of HAs which typically follow dosing. Wish us luck.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #615 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:34pm

Ron, that is easy to do.  We don't have the advantage of body language or vocal inflection on our posts, and a lot of times our answers are truncated.  I know a lot of times newbies misinterpret some of what is said because of that.  I'm just glad you asked rather than taking your ball and going home! Grin  I've been trying to be careful that my posts are clear.  I'll try harder.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #616 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 6:29pm

Hi all,

In the BOL protocol, subjects were administered the drug on days 1, 5 and 10. We decided to try this and last monday Michael successfully busted with 4.0g of mushrooms. The bust was followed - as usual - by 3 days of HAs. He was PF when he woke up yesterday morning and dosed again last night with 4.0g. This is the 1st time he's dosed when PF. This is also the 1st time he's dosed when not having had ANY methadone for more than 24 hrs. Narcotic addiction's a bitch and the detox is hell, but during the last couple of weeks he's dropped from 6-8/day to 1-2/day and now to nothing. He no longer wants to take "just one more." Cool, huh? I'll let you know how it goes.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #617 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 6:37pm

Ron that's great news! Give him a hug for me!

Joe

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #618 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 7:56pm

That is the COOLEST.  Cool Smiley

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #619 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:18pm

You guys have been such constant friends and supporters. Not just to us, but to everyone lucky enough to call you friends. Thanks for being there for us. Love you guys.

-Blake

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #620 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:21pm

bonkers wrote on Nov 20th, 2010 at 6:29pm:
Hi all,

In the BOL protocol, subjects were administered the drug on days 1, 5 and 10. We decided to try this and last monday Michael successfully busted with 4.0g of mushrooms. The bust was followed - as usual - by 3 days of HAs. He was PF when he woke up yesterday morning and dosed again last night with 4.0g. This is the 1st time he's dosed when PF. This is also the 1st time he's dosed when not having had ANY methadone for more than 24 hrs. Narcotic addiction's a bitch and the detox is hell, but during the last couple of weeks he's dropped from 6-8/day to 1-2/day and now to nothing. He no longer wants to take "just one more." Cool, huh? I'll let you know how it goes.

Ron

Good onya.

Potter

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #621 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 9:17pm

You too, Potter. Thanks.

-Blake

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #622 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:43pm

Ron, that is the best news I've heard in a month of Sundays!  Give him a big man hug for me and congratulate him on kicking the Methadone to the curb.  That takes guts and I couldn't be prouder of him if he were my own.  Here's hoping the dosing works and he gets a long, long break, like forever.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #623 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 1:49am

Thanks, Jerry. Very good of you to say. I too hope that the dosing works forever and that the Methadone's gone forever. How are things going for you?

-Blake

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #624 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 11:51pm

One day at the time.  Got a nine week break about a month ago, but ... Smiley

Waiting for the BOL and wishing I could bust in the meantime.  When things are bad, God is still good.  I rest in that.

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!