Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166913 times)
bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #475 - May 7th, 2010 at 2:52am

Today's Michael's 14 day PF. The longest he's gone in almost 6 yrs.

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #476 - May 7th, 2010 at 7:47am

Finally.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #477 - May 7th, 2010 at 3:41pm

Yeah. Finally. At long last, finally.

-Blake

IP Logged

Chronic
CH.com Junior

Reply #478 - May 7th, 2010 at 4:13pm

As a side note to this post.  If/when my Verapamil stops working, I intend on giving this a try...but I have to let everyone in on a little fact -

In college, I used Shrooms a few times for recreational purposes.  The first Cluster Headache I ever had was the morning I woke up after the first time I ever tried them.  I thought I was having some type of post-trip bad reaction/stroke.  I find it interesting that this is having such positive results.  It may have been completely random timing, but for me, I would say that they triggered my first cycle.  I would have had them at one point anyway, but it seems too coincidental to ignore the timing.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #479 - May 7th, 2010 at 4:47pm

Chronic wrote on May 7th, 2010 at 4:13pm:
As a side note to this post.  If/when my Verapamil stops working, I intend on giving this a try...but I have to let everyone in on a little fact -

In college, I used Shrooms a few times for recreational purposes.  The first Cluster Headache I ever had was the morning I woke up after the first time I ever tried them.  I thought I was having some type of post-trip bad reaction/stroke.  I find it interesting that this is having such positive results.  It may have been completely random timing, but for me, I would say that they triggered my first cycle.  I would have had them at one point anyway, but it seems too coincidental to ignore the timing.

I don't believe I know anyone on this board in that position, namely they have never experienced a CH attack, but they anticipate it so they take the treatment before the disease strikes. Only to potentially find out that the treatment caused the disease.

You do see how odd that would be, right?

In regards to your first statement, many successfully bust while on verapamil. In other words, you don't have to wait.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #480 - May 9th, 2010 at 11:45pm

fightguy wrote on Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:35am:
Bummer. After 5 days headache free, I was hit last night shortly after going to sleep with a kip 7

Does it usually take dosing more than once to be effective, or is it more likely that the HBWR seeds are not going to work for me?

I am so disappointed and was feeling very enthusiastic about this.  Sad

i would try it again. i had a similar experience. looks like its been a few weeks since you posted. anything different?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #481 - May 12th, 2010 at 1:45pm

-johnny- wrote on May 9th, 2010 at 11:45pm:
fightguy wrote on Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:35am:
Bummer. After 5 days headache free, I was hit last night shortly after going to sleep with a kip 7

Does it usually take dosing more than once to be effective, or is it more likely that the HBWR seeds are not going to work for me?

I am so disappointed and was feeling very enthusiastic about this.  Sad

i would try it again. i had a similar experience. looks like its been a few weeks since you posted. anything different?

You must have missed my post on the last page. Things are going great!!

fightguy wrote on May 6th, 2010 at 1:08pm:
After dosing a few more times, I have now gone more than a week without a hit!!

I don't want to get too excited, but these HBWR seeds seem to be a Godsend! I feel so blessed and thankful right now!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

Lee_Ann
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Texas
Reply #482 - May 16th, 2010 at 6:46pm

Hello Everyone,

I am so happy to be reporting good news here.  My husband is chronic but the last week has been wonderful.  Here is his busting journal.

4/28/10 - 1st dose, 1.5 grams - several post dose hits for 2 days, 1 hit per day on day 3 and 4, oxygen worked better than ever

5/3/10 - 2nd dose, 1.5 grams - heavy shadows and a few hits for 5 days, oxygen still working well

5/10/10 - 3rd dose, 2 grams, 10:50pm Kip 4, quickly aborted with oxygen

5/11/10 - 5:30pm Kip 6, quickly aborted with oxygen

5/12/10 - No headache, went fishing and caught supper Cheesy

5/13/10 - No headache

5/14/10 - No headache

5/15/10 - No headache

5/16/10 - No headache

This is the longest he has ever been pain free.  We are so excited.  This is the best medicine we have ever found Grin

We are hoping we can stretch the pain free days long enough to make a trip to Portland in August.  Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Thanks so much to all our wonderful supporters.  Special thanks to BobW and Dallas Denny and all those who have gone before us and shared their success stories.

Wishing you all success and many pain free days and nights.

Lee Ann

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #483 - May 17th, 2010 at 1:32am

That is awesome.
Smiley Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #484 - May 23rd, 2010 at 4:26am

just a reminder. clusterbusting is a great alternative if you aren't having success with your RX drugs.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #485 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 3:50pm

Hi All,

I think maybe it's time we brought some more attention to the only truly effective counter-measure yet discovered in the fight against Cluster Headache. No one here needs to be reminded of the cost to their lives in having to deal with this horrible affliction. Yet, by some curious turn of events, a class of drugs has been re-discovered which could end it!

By no means have all the kinks been ironed out in the effective use of them, but, for most if not all sufferers, psychedelics can provide a path out of their personal Hell. Our government, in its concern for our welfare, has stifled legitimate research and criminalized the personal use, production and propagation of plants containing these substances. Fear of prosecution and belief in the myths surrounding them and their use have prevented most law-abiding sufferers - and their doctors, caregivers, friends and families - from paying any serious attention to the use of psychedelics in the treatment of Cluster Headache.

I know a lot of people get almost miraculous relief from hyperventilating pure oxygen. Many couldn't get through the day without Imitrex or Verapamil. But who would continue using them if they found something that provided more than short-term, superficial relief?

Far too little research has been conducted to provide anyone with a prescription giving precise instructions on using psychedelics to treat their headaches. I'm sure that will come in time. In the meantime, general guidelines are all we have and everyone to some extent is his own guinea pig. How much to take, when and how to take it, how to prepare oneself; all these things and more require individual experimentation. I'm not saying that there's no risk. There's risk in everything we do and risk induces fear - particularly when dealing with substances which have (or can have) a profound effect on our psychology. Whether the reward here is worth the risk is something that everyone must determine for themselves.

For most, the fact that these substances are illegal to possess, produce, transfer or use is enough to prevent them from even being considered. For others, the promise of a drug that can end their suffering, at dosages far below what has been used recreationally and in religious ceremonies for centuries, is worth the risk.

I may be mistaken, but as far as I can determine, this is the most widely read and posted-to Topic on this forum. I think that's as it should be. Maybe it should be required reading for anyone diagnosed with Cluster Headache.

Just my too sense,

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

x0|LaGrange|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #486 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 4:04pm

Amen Joe, just read my thread for more than 2 cents.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #487 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 4:04pm

Sorry read too fast I mean Amen Ron.

Smiley

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #488 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 4:26pm

My too sense, two! Amen, brutha!

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #489 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 11:22pm

Thanks guys. I thought the post would generate more interest. I guess not.

-Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #490 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 11:30pm

Give it a few days.

IP Logged

Openminder
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #491 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 1:35pm

Thank you pink floyd. I tried some mushrooms 4 days ago. Not even enough to catch much of a buzz and one of the worst cycles I've been in and was looking at another 4 or 5 weeks of it, is gone. It took 4 days to completely work. I tested it out big time by going out to a party last nite and having several beer. (MAJOR TRIGGER -normally one would be enough to trigger) I was so happy about how I wasn't feeling the headaches, I got carried away, had a few more than planned, (i think it was 7) got kind of drunk but no attack. no threat of attack no phantom. Except for the hangover this morning, no pain. I was almost happy about having a normal hangover headache.
I am an advocate here in BC Canada for Medical Cannabis and who would have thought that mushrooms would have helped me. It must have had an effect on some of my remissions without knowing, as fall or spring would be the time I usually would try them recreationaly. I know what medicine to take now.
thank you - thank you - thank you.
by the way, I've seen pink floyd 3 times now. 71, 78 + 2008

IP Logged

birdman
CH.com Old Timer

Will try anything once!

x0|staten island|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #492 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 1:52pm

Hoping to dose soon.  Last time it stopped a stubborn cycle dead in its tracks.  Hoping for more of the same!

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #493 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 4:30pm

I don't know if this is posted elsewhere, but I just read the article about a trial using "legal" lsd in November of last year on the National Headache foundation site titled the effects of hallucinogens on cluster headaches. I am sure people are aware of this but since this thread is so long I thought I would post it.

David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #494 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 4:54pm

It's called 2 Bromo-LSD, or BOL. The first trial was done in Hannover, and they're looking to do another, bigger trial at MacLean Hospital at Harvard sometime soon.

The "bromo" part of the molecule renders it non-hallucinogenic while preserving the beneficial aspects of the compound. This non-hallucinogenic form is our best chance of fast-tracking through the FDA.

IP Logged

davidj35
CH.com Veteran

02 is my best friend

Reply #495 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:26pm

Brew,

I'm in if they need volunteers, I live 3 hours from Boston, please keep us posted.

Thanks
David

David Ellicott  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #496 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:29pm

davidj35 wrote on Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:26pm:
Brew,

I'm in if they need volunteers, I live 3 hours from Boston, please keep us posted.

Thanks
David

I'm pretty sure you'd need to be in active cycle when the study commences. Not sure how that works.

IP Logged

Lee_Ann
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Texas
Reply #497 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 3:39pm

Here is an update and recap to my husband's journal.

4/28 - Dose 1 - 1.5g
5/03 - Dose 2 - 1.5g
5/10 - Dose 3 - 1.5g
5/17 - Dose 4 - 1.5g
6/04 - Dose 5 - 1.5g - 18 days between dose 4 and 5

Began dosing 49 days ago. 24 days totally pain free. At 3 headaches a day, that is 72 headaches totally avoided. The rogue hits have been easily aborted with oxygen. They are more like an inconvenience now. Today is 12 days since last dose and he has only had 2 minor headaches in the last 12 days. Life is good Grin

Wishing you all success and PFDAN.

Lee Ann

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #498 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 6:23pm

That's fantastic Lee Ann...hoping the success continues. Hugs to both of ya!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Lee_Ann
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Texas
Reply #499 - Jun 16th, 2010 at 6:43pm

Thanks Joe.  Hope all is well with you.

Lee Ann

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!