Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166889 times)
Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #450 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 11:29am

fightguy wrote on Apr 19th, 2010 at 3:34pm:
I wasn't trying to fry balls, but I read that 1 HBWR seed = 4 RC seeds, and since 25-30 RC seeds didn't really do anything I tried 5-6 HBWR, and it was much stronger than anticipated. I suppose that means that there was plenty of LSA in them to be effective in treatment

And thanks for your input Shaggy. Per your recommendation, I am going to divorce my wife, quit my job, and start a massive mushroom growing operation. I appreciate your sage-like relationship counseling  Grin
I believe that 1 HBWR seed is far more potent than 4 rc seeds, however that is just a starting point.  Those who have taken those seeds correctly have gotten pretty messed and very nauseous.  They're strong.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #451 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 1:24pm

Actually, I meant to type 1 HBWR = 5 RC seeds, which is what clusterbusters website says, if I recall correctly. It has been my experience that 1 HBWR seed is equivalent to MUCH more than 5, possibly more like 10

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #452 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 1:48pm

fightguy wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 at 1:24pm:
Actually, I meant to type 1 HBWR = 5 RC seeds, which is what clusterbusters website says, if I recall correctly. It has been my experience that 1 HBWR seed is equivalent to MUCH more than 5, possibly more like 10
I'm not talking from personal experience, but those who have tried them say they're super strong.  The hardest part about any of these seeds are whether or not there is a enough LSA in them to do the trick.

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #453 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 2:54pm

There must have been plenty, because I was tripping!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #454 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 6:19pm

fightguy wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 at 2:54pm:
There must have been plenty, because I was tripping!

No orange wedge for you.

Potter

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #455 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 7:59pm

Chad wrote on Apr 20th, 2010 at 11:29am:
that is just a starting point.  Those who have taken those seeds correctly have gotten pretty messed and very nauseous.  They're strong.

When tried, dosing heavily enough to think I might try to permanently begin to manage CH with HBWR gave a very uncomfortable situation.  Settled on a daily tedious regimen, getting pf time with each three soaked at six hour intervals, unnoticeable and comfortable even at work.  After a month an a half though they gave way to an unprotected tidal CH period.  Maybe they lost potency over time, but I'm not going to dose again in any amount large enough to think it might begin to do away with CH, wasn't pleasant for me. 

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #456 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:35am

Bummer. After 5 days headache free, I was hit last night shortly after going to sleep with a kip 7

Does it usually take dosing more than once to be effective, or is it more likely that the HBWR seeds are not going to work for me?

I am so disappointed and was feeling very enthusiastic about this.  Sad

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #457 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:51am

fightguy wrote on Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:35am:
5 days headache free,

Does it usually take dosing more than once to be effective,

Attempting an initial knockout dose was effective for the same, five days.  Another perhaps lower dose can be usual for eventually helping to disperse hits.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #458 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 10:52am

Bummer. After 5 days headache free, I was hit last night shortly after going to sleep with a kip 7

Does it usually take dosing more than once to be effective, or is it more likely that the HBWR seeds are not going to work for me?

Switch to psilocybin or try another natural remedy like Kudzu.  A lot of folks here have good luck with that.  That beast constantly changes patterns so it's a game to him and makes our management harder.

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #459 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 12:18pm

Don't be frustrated fightguy, that is about right given the experiences I have read and/or experienced myself.  Hard to break an active cycle.  Took 3 bigger doses last time, 1 week apart.

Read all the cluster busters stuff, most people can avoid a cycle with a smaller dose in the shadow period before the cycle starts.  If you wait too long and you start to get hit you have to dose more and bigger. 

That is why it is important to have your arsenal ready all the time, not just when you feel them coming on.  Same with oxygen or whatever, when you are in pain it is too late to call the pharmacist.

For me, the psilocybes break or avoid my cycle but the cycle tries to come back 1-6 months later.  So when I feel a series of shadows (or tiny kips) for several days in a row, I know the CH is trying to come back.  Small dose has been effective for these.  That is why people say you can take non-psychoactive doses effectively.  You have to be in touch with your CH cycle.  Has taken me 2 years to sort it out, now I think I have it??

Keep at it and read a lot on the other site Shocked(squiggly eye guy for you today) Smiley (ok, and a smiley guy too).
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #460 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 11:54pm

Dont be too disappointed. 5 days pain free from the first dose usually means you'll have pretty good luck. Most people need at least two and more likely more, especially with the seeds.

have you ever gotten 5 days pain free time from a shot of imitrex?

Seed potency varies greatly. On an average, HBWR are 5 to 8 times more potent than RCs. if I remember correctly, the CB website suggests starting at TWO HBWR.

We've had Rivea Corymbosa seeds analyzed by a lab and some seeds contained exactly zero LSA. That is one reason you hope to get an average dose from those seeds.

When you open the HBWR, you can more easily tell if they are fresh and more likely to have a full compliment of LSA. There is no way of telling with the RCs.

I understand people being hesitant about using the mushrooms.
Maybe consider coming to the Clusterbuster conference this year in Portland in August and you can introduce you wife to a bunch of busters and she'll see we're (for the most part) ordinary people, leading ordinary lives.

Psilocybe mushrooms have been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes. They would actually be one of the least toxic medications you'd ever used. You would have to eat your body weight in mushrooms, in one sitting, to get close to a lethal dose.
Try eating just one pound of Tylenol.

Not trying to convince anyone, just supplying facts for a discussion.

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #461 - Apr 22nd, 2010 at 10:29am

Thanks for the response, Pinkfloyd.

I was actually just talking to my wife yesterday about attending that conference.

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #462 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:32pm

Wow!, I mean Damn!, I mean F**kin'A!

I don't want to jump the gun reporting this, so take it with a grain of salt but I think we may have crossed a line here. I've been disappointed that Michael hasn't been able to extend his PF time, regardless of the size of dose he's taken. Same ol', same ol' - headache, dose, 3-4 days PF, headache again. Not this time.

He took a lot this last time: 4.25g. But he seemed to have the same reaction (or so we thought). This is the 7th day after dosing and he isn't interested at all in doing it again yet! He's been headachy and feeling pretty gnarly since about the 4th day after - but it's different this time.

The 1st day after dosing, he dropped his methadone intake from 12 to 6/day. I think he's had some kind of bug because he's had a stomach ache and hasn't been eating worth a damn. Nor has he been sleeping well. As those things have worked themselves out, he's felt better and better. Till today when he tells me he's feeling pretty good and would like to take a hike! Far f**king out!

We're both pretty nervous and I think some advise here would be well received. So, whadda we do? Do we wait and see if the HA comes back or do we dose while he's feeling good? We're in new territory here and could use some guidance.

Cool, huh?

Ron

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #463 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 7:09pm

Great news!! Smiley

If it was me, I'd be dosing even when still feeling OK, since I know people do this as a preventative, but I'm not all that well informed on the subject, and I'm sure there are better informed folk 'round here (and on clusterbusters).

Hopefully they'll pipe in.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #464 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 7:45am

Ron,

That is AWESOME news man!  I would do what Bejeeber said and keep dosing as a preventative measure.  I'm not near Michaels state, but i'm convinced my maintenance dosing has kept the beast away further and further as the years go on since I have kept up with the seeds.  I know Michael uses psilocybin which to me seems to be more affective in treating CH, however since the lesser of the two in strenght being rc seeds works for me, that's why I don't need the psilo.  Keep up the good news coming.
Have a great weekend Smiley

Cheers,
Chad

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #465 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 3:19pm

Thanks for the responses and for the encouragement you guys. I'd bet my bottom dollar that the Beast is gaining strength and just looking for a way to get in. But damn!, this is Michael's 8th day PF! That's twice the amount of PF time he's gotten with any lower dose! The effect could very easily be cumulative; he's had a lot of psilocybin over the last couple of months. Also, as I mentioned, each time he's dosed the beast has returned weakened. This last time may well have been a knockout punch, and like most knockout punches, it will be followed by a recovery.

F**k the description!, this is really cool! 

-Blake

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #466 - May 1st, 2010 at 12:12am

At this point and knowing how you've been dosing, I don't think you would make the wrong decison no matter what you do as far as the next dose.
You could either wait it out and see how things go and how long he can go before needing the next dose.....or dose now. Either way and I think you'll be good to go.
If things are holding and not getting worse, or getting a little better each day. I'd probably hold off as long as possible. Thats the goal....to be able to go a LONG time between doses.

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #467 - May 2nd, 2010 at 3:04am

9 DAYS PF!! YA HOO!!

-Blake

IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #468 - May 2nd, 2010 at 12:57pm

Nice work guys! 

You have an interesting study going on with psilocybes and methodone.  Wonder if anyone else around here is doing the same??  As time goes on we will have more info thanks to your work.  Keep track of it, someone else will need the help too.

Good luck! Smiley (smiley face for pain free) and a  Angry (and a mean guy to ward off evil spirits)

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #469 - May 2nd, 2010 at 3:58pm

Ron, I'm excited for you and Michael!

Do not hesitate to dose again, even when he's feeling good.  I've used the rc seeds as a prevent, taking a monthly small dose, then upping it if I get inklings of a CH coming.  I haven't had a full hit in over four years. 

Maintenance dosing seems to have helped many of us whether seeds, or shrooms.  So, don't rule anything out at this point.

Crossing everything I've got that he's finally hitting a possible breakthrough.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #470 - May 2nd, 2010 at 6:25pm

Thanks you guys. This is day #10 and not even an inkling! I think we'll dose at either the 1st inkling, the 1st hint or maybe just the 1st suggestion. Sound good?

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #471 - May 3rd, 2010 at 4:06pm

Well. . .

About an hour after I wrote the last post, my kid started feeling headachy so I put on my alchemist's hat and mixed him up a 4.25g brew. This was the 1st time EVER that he's been able to dose when the Beast wasn't kicking his ass. Very cool! I'm not gonna play hippie and relate how he's describing last night's experience in religious terms, but it sure does bring back memories.

Anyway, we blocked the attack way b4 it took hold, so it's almost like this is his 11th day PF - the longest PF period he's had in almost 6 years!

Cool, huh?

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #472 - May 5th, 2010 at 10:35pm

bonkers wrote on May 3rd, 2010 at 4:06pm:
the longest PF period he's had in almost 6 years!

YEEEEHAW!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #473 - May 6th, 2010 at 1:08pm

After dosing a few more times, I have now gone more than a week without a hit!!

I don't want to get too excited, but these HBWR seeds seem to be a Godsend! I feel so blessed and thankful right now!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #474 - May 7th, 2010 at 2:50am

Hey, fightguy -

Whadaya say me and you have a race? 1st guy to 100 days PF wins.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!