Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166993 times)
bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #425 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 3:12am

Hi,

There has been a change in Michael's symptoms that I hope someone - a Neurologist perhaps? - can shed some light on. Day b4 yesterday, Michael dosed again. He has dosed every 5-7 days for about the last month and 1/2. I know that's a lot, but what else can I do when it works so well and that's all the longer it lasts for him? Anyway, evening b4 last he dosed with 3.25g. Very mild psychedelic effects but he went to bed and woke up the next day (yesterday) PF. He was mildly nauseous - actually, he was quite nauseous and barfed 3 or 4 times b4 we headed into town - and a little light-headed. The most significant thing though was that he fainted 5 times! Once in the shower, twice on the couch and twice in the car. I don't know what I'm talking about but I think he's got some kind of seizure disorder. It was just like when he used to black-out from the pain, only it didn't last as long and he wasn't in any pain! I mean, it's really fast; he knows it's coming just a couple of seconds beforehand and says something like "uh, oh" and then he's out. Really out. No response to shaking or yelling or anything for about 10 seconds. And then he comes to. It hasn't happened at all today. Weird, huh? Any ideas?

Ron

p.s. - I'm posting this exact message on CB.com because I don't think everybody reads both and I'm too lazy to write the same story a different way.

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #426 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 7:50am

Ron - I'd definitely have Michael checked for the seizure disorder. Almost sounds like narcolepsy. It's definitely not characteristic of CH.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #427 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:39am

Good idea Brew. We'll take your advise. Thanks.

-Blake

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #428 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:46am

This may have nothing to do with anything but I thought I'd throw it out there. Could he have had a virus?  There is a stomach bug going around.  Several people I know have had it.  It causes nausea, vomiting and dizziness.   I have not heard of anyone fainting from it though.  I would feel more comfortable having him checked out.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #429 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 8:13pm

Just a moment to say that I am so glad that this thread has gone to so many pages and STAYS up here.

carry on...

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Groov
CH.com Alumnus

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup!
Metta

Decatur Il.
Reply #430 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 8:31pm

I dont know why shrooms haven't become legal for CH'er to use as a legitimate medication/treatment.
Personally I am disgusted that shrooms arent being made legal as a legitimate treatment for CH.
I do not wish this pain on anyone. I do, however, wish the DEA or lawmakers or whoever could experience it just once to understand how serious it is as a medical problem.
Maybe then something would get done about it.

I just started a few weeks ago on a cycle and got my bottle filled and some Imitrex nose spray and shots.

So far, I have aborted all the attacks.
But if I found something that would remove the attacks altogether, I'd go for it.

It would be wonderful to no longer suffer as opposed to short duration/aborted attacks.

Maybe someone here can tell me why shrooms aren't being looked at as a legal treatment.
Thanks, Dave

With Metta
assaultu2 orangemod260500 orangemod  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #431 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 9:11pm

bonkers wrote on Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:39am:
Good idea Brew. We'll take your advise. Thanks.

Ron,

How is Michael's progress with the Methadone intake reduction?

Marc

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #432 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 9:20pm

Quote:
I dont know why shrooms haven't become legal for CH'er to use as a legitimate medication/treatment.

Because the wheels of legalities and progress are slow. There are dedicated people right here & Dr.s and scientists researching this and they will be heard soon.  Go here and ask what you can do to see this exact thing that you are referring to...happen.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #433 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 9:38pm

Hi Jeannie,

He has those other symptoms, so he may have some kind of bug. I've never heard of any kind of bug though that makes a fella faint.

Hi Linda,

I'm with you. It's veeery important and I think that eventually it will be the way out of this misery for all of you.

Hi Groov,

A lot IS happening. Check the CB.com forum. It's just gonna take awhile, tha's all.

Hi Brew,

Methadone addiction's a bitch! It's also gonna take awhile. When he's free of the CH, he immediately drops from 12/day to 6/day. Dropping from 6/day to 0/day is gonna take awhile. He wants off it. He knows that everything in his life, including the effectiveness of the shrooms, will be much better without it.

Thanks for your interest in my son, you guys.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #434 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 9:07pm

For what its worth...Our area has a nasty outbreak of the Nora virus.
   vomiting the Trots...extreme stomach pain, and Passing out.
   Health dept said the only thing that will kill it, is bleach/water solution.  spritz everything, as you reinfect your self over and over.
       YIKES

IP Logged

lorac
CH.com Old Timer

Imagine

Tennessee
Reply #435 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 9:10pm

Ron..I have been following your story.....you two have been through soooo much.
   I pray for some relief for ya soon.   Hang in there!

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #436 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 3:59am

Hi lorac,

Mike's really doing great! The shrooms work like.... magic. They just don't seem to last very long, is all. He'll get 3 maybe 4 days PF and then it returns. But hey, look where we were. It'll take some experimenting but we'll get it. Thanks for your support.

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #437 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 4:16pm

Yes considering that horrific place you guys were in for so long, I'd say this calls for a raucous celebration!

When Michael gets to 7 days a week PF then the truly wild partying must ensue - just wthout drugs or alcohol though of course.  Grin

« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2010 at 12:47pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #438 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 6:16pm

I'll have my staff prepare the mega-yacht for our celebration. You guys have all been so good to us, I really wish I could. My days of "truly" wild partying are over, I'm afraid. But "conventional" wild partying - that I can do!

-Blake

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #439 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 8:45pm

I have tried the RC seeds without success, but will be trying them from another vendor in the next few days. I also purchased the HBWR seeds, so I will try those if the RC seeds don't work. The last option, which my wife is not a fan of, is trying the mushrooms.

I hope that one of the seeds I have coming stops the headaches!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #440 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 10:26pm

Hi fightguy,

A lot of folks here are pulling for you.

Best of luck,

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #441 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 6:24pm

Hey Flightguy,

If the RC seeds from the new vendor don't work, well then if I were you, and if you have access to mushrooms, I'd go straight to them and say screw whether the wife approves.

That's a big "if" about the access to mushrooms though, because I would personally have a tough time getting ahold of some, and it can take a good lil' while to grow 'em yourself I guess.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #442 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 10:45am

I might be wrong, but I don't think that's how marriage works

Can anyone speak to the efficacy of RC seeds vs HBWR seeds? Has anyone had success with one but not the other?

I have to admit, the shrooms seem to show a lot of promise, however, like the above poster I wouldn't even know where to get any without growing them myself which takes awhile
Sad

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #443 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:02pm

I ordered some RC seeds and they did not seem very potent in terms of LSA. I had about 25-30 of them, ground up and soaked in wine, and barely felt any different. This is in contrast to the 5-6 HBWR seeds that I got from Iamshaman, prepared the same way, which had got me pretty messed up. I know I got a substantial dose of LSA from those!  Shocked

No headaches since dosing with the HBWR seeds on Friday though!

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #444 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:22pm

Sounding good fightguy.  I was never an experimenter growing up so when presented with the success of psilocybe mushroom use to help with the CH I had to really think hard.  After a few big bangers/kippers it made my decision to try the fungus a little easier. 

I read a ton of stuff on the traditional uses of plant medicines from central and South America.  People there really used the fungus and plants as healing medicines.  The current and ancient stories gave me a better perspective on these medicines.

The first time, I took a low dose and had my girlfriend watch over me to make sure I didn't do anything too strange.  We talked a lot about why and what to expect based on friends' experiences.  It went good and has been working since.  Maybe a nice sit down conversation with your wife and further mushroom education would help (warning: don't take relationship advice from me).

Don't take this as 'advice', just more of my 2 cents which can be easily discarded: I would stick with what you are trying and if it works, good.  It is harder to break a cycle typically than to stop it before it starts.  So don't declare the seeds ineffective before you have used them as suggested at the busters site.  If you need to up the ante, start a mushroom home grow operation.  Your cycle should be done by the time you figure this out so this will be for next time.  grow, dry, freeze.  pull them out in a year or 2.

Good Luck! Cheesy (spinning eye smile guy for you)

--Shaggy

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #445 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:37pm

fightguy wrote on Apr 19th, 2010 at 1:02pm:
I ordered some RC seeds and they did not seem very potent in terms of LSA. I had about 25-30 of them, ground up and soaked in wine, and barely felt any different. This is in contrast to the 5-6 HBWR seeds that I got from Iamshaman, prepared the same way, which had got me pretty messed up. I know I got a substantial dose of LSA from those!  Shocked

No headaches since dosing with the HBWR seeds on Friday though!
The key to seeds is getting results w/o the tripping effects.  That's why they're so popular.  If you're looking to manage your cluster problem along with a buzz, then psilocybin/LSD would be your best bet.  I had enough of the tripping stuff in college, but if I need a good dose, I always keep a bag of shrooms in the freezer as my last resort.  Now, as far as your LSA potency, one will never know.  The best thing to do is grow  your own so when you harvest your seeds, you'll know they're at maximum potency.  Getting them from these online vendors gives you no knowledge of how long they've been sitting on the shelf.  Catch my drift?

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

fightguy
CH.com Junior

Mesa, Arizona
Reply #446 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 3:34pm

I wasn't trying to fry balls, but I read that 1 HBWR seed = 4 RC seeds, and since 25-30 RC seeds didn't really do anything I tried 5-6 HBWR, and it was much stronger than anticipated. I suppose that means that there was plenty of LSA in them to be effective in treatment

And thanks for your input Shaggy. Per your recommendation, I am going to divorce my wife, quit my job, and start a massive mushroom growing operation. I appreciate your sage-like relationship counseling  Grin

WWW 1775274236  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #447 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 6:40pm

Hi all,

A quick update on my son, Michael. He dosed last Thursday with 3.75g; .25g more than he's ever taken. He always has a low-grade HA on the 4th day after dosing and is back into CH on the 5th day. This is the 4th day; it's almost over and he hasn't had even a hint of a HA! His refractory period is 6 days. As soon as we can get his PF time to last 6 days, he can be PF all the time! Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

PF2allofu2!,

Ron

-Blake

IP Logged

anthony g
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

manhattan nyc
Reply #448 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 6:50pm

MY FINGERS AND TOES ARE CROSSED!!!!

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #449 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 3:25am

Thanks, Anthony!

-Blake

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!