Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166964 times)
Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #350 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:59pm

Bonkers,

Please read Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register thoroughly about LSA/rc seeds and everything about it.  It will give info on preparing, how to detox, how long to wait before you dose again etc...  I think it's 3 days between doses, but I could be wrong.  You'll find many here to dose as they wish.  Some do it everyday while in cycle.  It took me a good couple of evenings after work reading about it before I actually dosing.
The best part about it is there is NO trippy side effects at least for me.

Best of luck!

Chad
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2009 at 6:00pm by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #351 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 6:18pm

Chad,

Thanks for the advise. We'll report back to this forum with our results as they come in. You've all been a great help and inspiration. With a little luck I think we'll be able to get my son his life back.

Best,

Mike's Dad

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #352 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 7:15pm

bonkers wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:26pm:
I'm going to grind up 10 seeds, soak the powder in 1 cup of distilled, room-temp H2O for 2 hrs, have Michael imbibe the mixture, wait and see what happens.

Mmmm 10 seeds seems a bit too underdosey to me. I think I started with 25, went to 50, never felt any alternate reality type effects.

When I asked how long to wait between doses I was getting  5 days as an answer from someone or other  Smiley around here who semed to know what they were talking about.  Smiley

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #353 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 7:55pm

Hi All,

Well, it's 4:30 here and the Eagle has landed. We ground up 30 of the little buggers (used a plastic, 2-piece, screw-together pill crusher - the only thing we had 'cause we didn't want to wait) which are now soaking in a small glass of room-temp., distilled H2O. We'll wait 2 hrs. and chug 'em down.

Mike's headache's pretty bad today (I guess it's always pretty bad) but his last methadone was about 4:00 this morning and he's not going to take his afternoon meds till after we see how the seeds work; we'll just have to wait and see how well this stuff works on top of the meds - I'm hopeful since he had good success with the LSD and that also was on top of the methadone. I'll come back on line about 7:30 and report.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

-Blake

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #354 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 8:16pm

Fingers are crossed! Adding a prayer as well.

Good Luck!

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #355 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 8:39pm

From everything I've heard, be prepared for the headaches to get a little worse before they get better.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #356 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 8:56pm

Anybody know about how long after ingestion to expect some sort of reaction?

-Blake

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #357 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 3:09am

Bonkers he most likely will feel no reaction at all from the seeds.

The seeds depending on the person may take from 15 to 40 minutes to have an affect on someone.
They are thought to be about 1/100th the strength of a small LSD dose but dont let that disuade you as they are very powerfull all the same in the work they do against CH. and serotonin adjustments

The low dose methadone probably creates a stronger though similar feeling. But the narcotics work on different receptors I think.

MJ

IP Logged

Mauro149
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #358 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 8:07am

Count me in.

I am experimenting with psilocybin for the very frst time, after countless efforts and different cures with the goal of (at least) diminishing the number of hits.

In 10 years no other therapy worked as effectively and predictably beginning from the very first (and low) dose. In my case, side effects are nothing compared to most other therapies, and (again, in my case) there is no need to use psychoactive doses.

Medical research must go on, and bigot and ignorant prohibitionism must be proved wrong.

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #359 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 4:45pm

Bonkers,

I've been using the rc seeds for almost four years.

I'm episodic, with cycles every 12 to 18 months, each lasting for 8 to 16 weeks.  I know I am not, nor ever have been at the level your son is. 

When my cycle began, I ground up 35 seeds in a pepper grinder, soaked them in a shot glass of warm water for 2 hours, then chugged down the tea along with the small amount of what I call "sludge" in the bottom of the glass.  It's not the tastiest thing, but at 35 seeds I experienced absolutely no "high" and it worked for me.

I did have a couple of pretty bad hits for the next few days, but waited 5 days (some of us don't wait that long) before taking another 35 seed dose.  My cycle completely stopped the day after that second dose.

Another cycle a year later tried to start, and it only took one 35 seed dose to stop it.

I've been completely pain free for over three years!

I can't answer whether your son's need for methadone falls within the detox drugs, but if you go to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and go to their FAQ section, scroll down to section 4.1.2 which contains a pretty long list of meds that should, if at all possible be stopped before or while dosing.  This list is directed more toward mushroom therapy, but it might hold true with the rc seeds.

I am sincerely wishing that the seeds help Michael.  I can't remember seeing in this thread whether Mike has oxygen or not, so if I'm repeating something, please forgive me.  But, O2, with a non-rebreather mask and a regulator that flows at a minimum of 15 lpm (25 is better) has been proven to abort hits within minutes.  I highly recommend looking into O2 to help him through the hits that the seeds don't stop.

Please feel free to PM me and I'll help if I can.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #360 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 5:57pm

Well, last night's first dose of 30 seeds produced no apparent effects in today's headaches - except perhaps a slight increase in severity. We probably won't wait 5 days to repeat but will instead try again on Tuesday. We'll try 45 seeds.

We tried O2 a few years ago with very limited success but were at that time not using a breathing apparatus as sophisticated as those now available. I think that at this time it would be worthwhile for me to put $50.00 together for a good mask and talk to Mike's Doctor about trying it again.

Thanks all for the support and the great information and ideas. Mike's in his room suffering right now, as he has since about 3 o'clock this morning; but I really sense that we're finally coming to the end of this horrible nightmare - in large part due to the kind hearts of the folks on this forum.

-Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #361 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 7:36pm

The closer the two treatments are together, the less effective the 2nd treatment will likely be.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #362 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:38am

Is there anywhere in the world where LSD, psilocybin or psilocybe mushrooms are both available and legal? It might be worth the time and expense involved for some of us for whom those chemicals are particularly effective - especially those of us suffering from particularly severe C.H.'s.

Also, are there any legitimate human studies currently being conducted with C.H. patients and any of the major psychedelics that can be applied to with any hope of admittance?

-Blake

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #363 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 3:34pm

MAPS.org

IP Logged

CC2004
CH.com Alumnus

x0|wellington|New_Zealand||0|0|
Reply #364 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 3:10am

bump - hello & thanks to all for this post.  I'm back, its been 5 years... I am fortunate that my cycles went from every two years to four, then the last two have been 5 years apart.  After success with waterx3 last time breaking my cycle, thats all Ive done this time but its not enough and the hits are ramping up.
So I came back here as I had made up my mind last time I would do the shrooms next time, even though I am afraid! Anyway it was great to hear of RC seeds so Im going to try that instead, just ordered them online - wish me luck!

So here I am, Smiley nearly ready to be counted

Bonkers - how is Michael doing?

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #365 - Oct 28th, 2009 at 4:42am

CC2004, thanks to the support and information supplied by the great folks on this forum, Michael is doing much better. He had a pretty tough day today but not like those he used to have. Had his next dose of r.c. seeds today. With a repeat performance of the day after his last dose - and a little luck - tomorrow should be much better. Thanks for your interest - and for the bump.

-Blake

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #366 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:39pm

Well, it's been 2 days since his last dose (60 seeds) and Michael's having a pretty rough time of it. The seeds don't seem to have helped at all. I'm beginning to wonder if his initial improvement wasn't just the result of his wanting so badly for them to work. I ordered another 100 seeds and intend for him to take 30-35 every 5 days till they're gone. Can't hurt.

Getting Medicare to pay for O2 therapy for Michael's CH's, particularly at the delivery level necessary for benefit, is going to be more trouble than it's worth. He'd have to take a lot of tests and it'd take a lot of time. Luckily, his Dr. wrote him an Rx for a non-rebreather mask and O2 at 15LPM and it'll only (only?) cost $80-$100 for us to rent the equipment/O2 necessary to find out if it'll work.

I've been thinking: what do you suppose we can do as a group to help provide people like my son Michael, who have found that the major psychedelics like LSD completely eliminate their CH's, with legal access to these chemicals? There's got to be something we can do as a group that's unavailable to us as individuals. I'm not a lawyer, but I bet there're a lot of lawyers out there with CH's who would put a lot of energy into finding a way to provide legal access if they knew that these illegal chemicals could totally eliminate their headaches.

BTW, how about that new National Geographic show on TV last night about LSD that had a big segment about CH's on it? I hope every Dr. and lawyer and Clusterhead on the planet got to see it! It's on again this Sat. and probably next week. Tell all your friends.

-Blake

IP Logged

CC2004
CH.com Alumnus

x0|wellington|New_Zealand||0|0|
!
Reply #367 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 6:36pm

TV has got to be the best way to get noticed surely.  What's the count on this thread?  Surely one of the TV networks would love to have a story on something as juicy and contraversial as this - 60 minutes or ...?  A well constructed letter could be just the thing.  Any CH lawyers been counted?  I certainly have known a few who enjoyed the recreational use  Cheesy

BTW any chance someone could record that show for me on VHS?  I have never seen a thing on TV about CH here in NZ!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #368 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 9:54pm

Bonkers, really to sorry to hear that Michael is back in the grips of the beast.

I sure hope you're able to came across some strong anti-cluster agent such as the one that helped him before.

bonkers wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:38am:
Also, are there any legitimate human studies currently being conducted with C.H. patients and any of the major psychedelics that can be applied to with any hope of admittance?

I'm afraid the only US study I've heard of is this one, and I suppose you're probably already aware of it:

"Drs. Halpern and Sewell are currently developing a randomized, dose-response study of psilocybin and LSD in people with episodic cluster headaches. If approved by the McLean IRB and the FDA, this research study will take place at McLean Hospital, a psychiatric facility and research hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School."

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #369 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:23pm

bonkers wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:39pm:
Well, it's been 2 days since his last dose (60 seeds) and Michael's having a pretty rough time of it. The seeds don't seem to have helped at all. I'm beginning to wonder if his initial improvement wasn't just the result of his wanting so badly for them to work. I ordered another 100 seeds and intend for him to take 30-35 every 5 days till they're gone. Can't hurt.

bonkers, you might want to try upping the dose.  I know a lot of people have had success with 30-35 seeds but that never hit the spot for me.  I've been taking RC seeds for the past 3 years and 100 seems to be the magic number for me with very minor side effects.  I know that might seem excessive but everyone's body is different.

Also, make sure he waits the full 5 days before taking another dose. 
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:40pm by slacker032 »  

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #370 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:28pm

I started having lingering heavy shadows and dosed with 50 seeds Friday night.  Success!!  No more shadows!!  I will be dosing again this week just to make sure. 

Beth Smiley

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #371 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:52pm

slacker032 wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:23pm:
bonkers wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:39pm:

bonkers, you might want to try upping the dose.  I know a lot of people have had success with 30-35 seeds but that never hit the spot for me.  I've been taking RC seeds for the past 3 years and 100 seems to be the magic number for me with very minor side effects.  I know that might seem excessive but everyone's body is different.

Also, make sure he waits the full 5 days before taking another dose. 

After hearing that, if I was in Michael's ultra critical condition  I'm sure I'd be taking the whole bag in one go (usually 200 or so seeds I believe when you order a quantity of 100).

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #372 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:20am

Thanks everyone for all your caring and kindness. Several of you suggested that we dramatically raise Michael's r.c. seed dose. Well, we did. 116 seeds this evening after soaking from this afternoon. They're at least that many left. We'll (actually he'll) take those in 5 or 6 days. I won't be terribly surprised if it works since both he and I seem to require more than the "usual" dose of almost everything. We'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

-Blake

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #373 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:48am

Please do update us with what is going to Michael how he responds, also if the RC seeds fail at that dose, I red about histamine desinsetization helping also, try to read about it on internet.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #374 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 5:59pm

Hi MattyAA. Your mention of histamine desensitization led me to look into it. The fourth result on Google was our website:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register, where it isn't given much credibility. However, this article Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register is much more positive, but it's very complicated and expensive. To me, that means that is has yet to find its way into the mainstream where, if it works, it will be simplified to the point where most any Doc can do it, and, the cost'll come way down. I trust that procedures and medications found to be effective by members of this forum themselves who have used them and offered them up for everyone else to try, if proven effective over time, should provide us with our best weapons.

-Blake

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!