Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166939 times)
SnowWhite
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #325 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 6:22pm

Count me as one.  I wish there was some way to get stuff like this to help treat clusters.  Unfortunately too many people are afraid of these drugs and/or refuse to acknowledge the good effects.

I am able to stop mine for about 4 months after one use and I am cyclical and normally only have a month or a little longer between cycles.

Maybe one day it will be legal.

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #326 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 7:53pm

midwestbeth wrote on Jul 1st, 2009 at 8:00am:
 I do not consider myself chronic anymore.

Smiley

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

zanychef
CH.com Junior

i'm busting with a masx
cant really go wrong
can i

x1|worthing|England|europe|172|244|
Reply #327 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 7:42am

bumping
and adding 3 months pf now:)

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too bad:)
Ian Howard  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #328 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 1:40pm

Bump, ended episode last of January first of Feb 09. Mushrooms did the trick again.
the bb Huh

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #329 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 10:25am

20 months and counting Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #330 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 7:28am

12 months an counting.....

I'll drink to that  Grin

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #331 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 5:44pm

Smiley bump

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #332 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 5:51pm

Hi all,

I suppose, if we're ever to change the legal status of perhaps the only truly effective therapy for this horrible affliction, that we should heed bobw's admonishment and "stand up and be counted."

This is the first time I've told our story publicly, but I think it's high time we joined the fray. I say "we" because I suffer along with my 25-year-old son Michael as he lays in his darkened room rocking, crying, sometimes screaming through 15-20 hours of every day. I'm 63 and retired so it's no trouble for me to be home to care for him.

His clusters began when he was 12 years old. We thought they were migraines since both my mother and I had them from our mid-teens till our early thirties. She had nothing to help her but by the mid-sixties I had found "Medihaler-Ergotamine" which remained in my pants-pocket till I was 30 and my migraines went away.

Michael was taking a shower when his first cluster struck. Like a lightning bolt, it knocked him to the ground (or rather, to the bottom of the bathtub). Scared the hell out of us! Over the next several years, he would have spells of headaches lasting from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. We tried all the drugs. Took all the tests. He was diagnosed with episodic cluster headaches about 8 years ago. Imitrex, oxygen and the narcotics all worked for varying lengths of time. The rest of them worked very little, if at all.

Then, about 4 years ago, he was involved in a particularly bad car accident where he suffered some head trauma. His headaches became chronic and increased exponentially in severity and duration. The pain was incredible. In the hospital, none of the drugs brought any relief - he was put into restraints and finally, with his neurologist's consent, an induced coma. After a week, when they brought him out of the coma, he seemed improved for a few days. Then they came back. We fired the neurologist and I took him to my pain doctor (I've had 5 vertebrae fused in my neck). He promised not to rest till he had eased Mike's suffering. And he has really tried. But to no avail. He currently has him taking 120mg. of methadone every day and it barely touches the pain.

Michael has what he calls a "background" headache which he carries around 24 hours a day. This "background" headache is interspersed with "spikes" which vary in intensity from the comparatively mild experience of feeling like someone is ripping out one of his eyeballs to that same experience intensifying till a lockjaw-like symptom occurs which precedes an abrupt loss of consciousness which can last from a few seconds to a few minutes. A "spike" usually wakes him about 4 o'clock in the morning. Any number of recurrences typically keep him abed till about 8 at night. He then gets up and watches a movie or two with his old man. Back to bed about 1 in the morning. That's his life. He can't work or go to school. He has no social life. His family's love has kept him from suicide. I respect and admire him more than you can imagine.

Then, a few months ago, I read an article in the journal "Neurology" entitled "Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD." I now consider this article a "must read" for anyone suffering from, or caring for someone suffering from, the awful affliction of cluster headache.

I HAD to try this! I remembered these drugs from my "hippy" days - I grew up in the '60's - and knew that under the proper circumstances they could be taken safely, especially at sub-psychedelic dosages. So I tried to find some. I no longer take drugs recreationally, but I know people. I felt that with the people I know, along with the people my son knows, we were bound to be able to find something. No luck. We tried for nine months and couldn't find anything. Apparently, in Southern California at least, psychedelics have fallen out of favor.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, we got a phone call. Somebody knows a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy. He had heard of our plight and would give us a single dose of LSD for free. Whoopee!! I cut it in half. Michael took that half and we waited. 1/2 hour, nothing. 2 hours, 3 hours, nothing. We figured that he had either not taken enough - he experienced no psychedelic symptoms whatsoever - or that he was one of those people for whom the drug was ineffective.

Then, all of a sudden, Michael sat up, looked at me and said: "My headache's completely gone, background headache and all, completely gone." F___ing amazing! And it didn't come back, not even the background headache. We hoped that he might be one of the lucky ones who take one dose and the monster never returns. But such was not to be. On the fifth day it returned - with a vengeance. He had 5 glorious, headache-free days. He was full of joy and promise and hope. And then they came back. F___!! So far, we've been unable to find more psychedelics. But we will. And we know they work.

I find it utterly astonishing that our government is unwilling to allow legitimate testing to be conducted on these substances as they show such amazing promise in the fight against this devastating affliction that is responsible for so much suffering.

Best wishes for all,

Mike's Dad

Excessive sorrow laughs. Excessive joy weeps.
  -Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #333 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:54pm

Wow. That's a stunning tale of horror, with a glimmer of hope at the end.

Hey Bonkers, you know you can order psilocybin mushroom fungi legally and grow your own. At least you could last time I checked.

And have you looked into RC seeds? Another hallucinogen that  appears to be becoming the first choice amongst CH sufferers, especially since you could order some legally, have them overnighted, and be taking them the next day, no waiting around for stuff to grow.

Have you been checking out clusterbusters.com?

One more thing in case you're not aware, apparently some drugs, especially imitrex, can interfere with the effectiveness of hallucinogens, and should be "de-toxed" from before ingesting.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #334 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:09pm

bonkers wrote on Oct 7th, 2009 at 5:51pm:
I find it utterly astonishing that our government is unwilling to allow legitimate testing to be conducted on these substances as they show such amazing promise in the fight against this devastating affliction that is responsible for so much suffering.

Not true. Such testing has been going on at Harvard for several years now, and more (BOL, a non-hallucinigenic, bromide form of LSD) is planned for next year.

There is hope.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #335 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:15pm

Hi Bejeeber and thanks for the info. Even the spoors of psychedelic mushrooms are illegal in Calif. Too bad. This is the first I've heard of RC seeds, but I'll definitely look into them.

-Blake

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #336 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:21pm

Hi Brew and thanks for the correction. That's very good news.

-Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #337 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Dr. John Halpern heads the studies, at Harvard's MacLean Hospital. Do a Google search on him when you have a couple of minutes.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #338 - Oct 7th, 2009 at 10:38pm

Bonkers,

Sorry, I'm getting so used to everyone calling the seeds "RC" around here that I didn't think to mention their real name: Rivea Corymbosa.

Here's a link to a good thread for info on the subject including where to buy:

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2009 at 1:50am by bejeeber »  

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #339 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 6:58am

Brew wrote on Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:09pm:
(BOL, a non-hallucinigenic, bromide form of LSD) is planned for next year.

There is hope.
I can't wait for that.  I just read that somewhere on here or somebody PM'd me about it.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #340 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:23am

Brew wrote on Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:09pm:
Not true. Such testing has been going on at Harvard for several years now, and more (BOL, a non-hallucinigenic, bromide form of LSD) is planned for next year.

A small BOL trial was already done in Germany and I was lucky to be a part of it.
IMHO it works better than the seeds.
The seeds only give me a 4-8 weeks break (with still some hits), whereas the BOL gave me 6 months (with some minor hits in between).

Oliver

IP Logged

MattyAA
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Poland, EU
Reply #341 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 11:35am

I am reporting for a friend that lives in Poland and has Cluster Headaches aswell, he reported in June he boosted his 8-9 long weeks cycle in 2 weeks with Druid Fantasy a mixed morning glory seeds with taurin capsules, he had oncomming next cycle in september and after 3 doses he boosted it again, so far so good hopefuly he canceled it.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #342 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 12:00pm

gizmo wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:23am:
A small BOL trial was already done in Germany and I was lucky to be a part of it.
IMHO it works better than the seeds.
The seeds only give me a 4-8 weeks break (with still some hits), whereas the BOL gave me 6 months (with some minor hits in between).
Oliver

WOW wow wow wow that is COOl and encouraging!   Shocked Smiley

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #343 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:15pm

Many thanks to you Brew, and to you Bejeeber. Due to your kind suggestions, the RC Eagle should land shortly. Any help you can provide with proper usage will be greatly appreciated. Has a proper way to take these seeds been determined? I read where some people soak the seeds in cold water; others, in white wine; still others just chew 'em up.

One HUGE problem: My reading suggests that a 5-day detox is necessary. That may well be true in order to achieve optimum results; but it won't be possible. Michael will lose control - really, like need to be put into restraints to avoid injuring himself or someone else - if he needs to go more than 10-12 hours without methadone. It's not that he can't handle the withdrawal symptoms. The withdrawal is nothing. Methadone is the only thing that can take the edge off. It's the only medication he is currently taking - but he NEEDS it. So, if anyone has any experience taking the seeds on top of a narcotic I would really appreciate hearing from them. Thank you all. 

-Blake

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #344 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:32pm

Can't help you with the detox thing.

Having never gone the RC route (or any other buster route, for that matter), I can only tell you what I've heard. Select the number of seeds that you feel is right for you, grind them up in a pepper mill selected just for this task (I would think Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift store), soak the ground seeds in a few ounces of H20 for a couple of hours, and drink it down. I don't think I'd want to chew them as they have a reputation for tasting awful. Spend the least amount of time on the taste buds.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #345 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:00pm

gizmo wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:23am:
The seeds only give me a 4-8 weeks break (with still some hits),

Same results I had, back in 2005 and again this year.  Long enough to get tapered off verapamil, which was a goal, but unsustaining within a couple weeks after, giving it every chance for quite a while.  Next try would like to be with the BOL.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:39pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #346 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:07pm

Yeah, well I end up kind chewing the sludge mixture left in the bottom of the cup anyway. At least I do because I use a small amount of water hoping to get it over with quickly..........

Bonkers,

If the half dose of LSD did that well, I'd have him try 20-40 seeds anyway. They are so cheap, it's worth the experiment - or two or three or..........

However, I would first spend some serious time researching possible interactions of Metahdone with the seeds before proceeding.

Since I have absolutely no idea if there is a potential for a nasty collision, I certainly would not proceed without checking. But then I tend to take a conservative approach to medications/chemicals.

Marc

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #347 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:12pm

Hi Brew. Should one drink the ground-up seeds along with the water they've been soaking in?

-Blake

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #348 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:04pm

bonkers wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:12pm:
Hi Brew. Should one drink the ground-up seeds along with the water they've been soaking in?

Well that's the way I roll. They're just teeny tiny seeds, so it's like a little powder at the bottom of the cup. No biggie. They don't taste so bad IMO.

IP Logged

bonkers
CH.com Old Timer

What is THIS?

San Diego, California
Reply #349 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:26pm

So, at this point, this is what I've got planned for the 100 seeds I ordered:

I'm going to grind up 10 seeds, soak the powder in 1 cup of distilled, room-temp H2O for 2 hrs, have Michael imbibe the mixture, wait and see what happens.

If it works - cool! If not, we'll try again with 20 seeds, then 30 and finally 40.

That should provide a pretty fair test.

One thing: how long should we wait between each dose?

-Blake

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!