Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166890 times)
UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #275 - Feb 15th, 2009 at 1:16am

That's an interesting thought- yeah, what if they had pegged it as a cure before they realized the potential for hallucinatory effects?  Of course, eventually somebody would have figured it out, but maybe it wouldn't have been lost as a treatment option...oh well, we'll never know!!  Cheesy

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

boinng
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #276 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:08am

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the angina/CH remission issues? I have an appt. booked for later in the month to do a treadmill/ECG test, so should get more info then. However, in the last two weeks, and especially in the last week, I've had almost complete cessation of the 'angina' symptoms. I've been taking a daily aspirin as suggested by the GP, but could it really have that dramatic an effect already?

Anyway, here's the abstract of the article I found that piqued my interest in angina and CH:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

We report on eight patients with episodic CH and coexistent effort-induced angina pectoris. Cases 1-6 had been free of their headaches for many years but got recurrence of CH within a few weeks after the administration of long-acting organic nitrates (isosorbide-dinitrate, isosorbide-5-mononitrate or slow-release GTN) aimed at treating their chest pains. These nitrate-induced headache periods were more severe and had a longer duration than the previous spontaneous ones. Furthermore, one of the subjects and two additional cases experienced a marked reduction of their anginal attacks during successive CH periods.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #277 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 4:34pm

ttt

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

HSJones

I Love CH.com!

Reply #278 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 8:31am

[size=18][/size]I think that I will wait until the FDA approves hallucinogenics before trying them.  There are very valid reasons that LSD, etc., are illegal and until they are legal and are a proven method of "curing" CH, taking psychodelic drugs can have some very serious medical problems-I think that the 1970s proved that.  I agree with you 100% Michael.

Patiently Waiting,
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2009 at 8:35am by HSJones »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #279 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 1:34am

HSJones wrote on Mar 16th, 2009 at 8:31am:
[size=18][/size]I think that I will wait until the FDA approves hallucinogenics before trying them.  There are very valid reasons that LSD, etc., are illegal and until they are legal and are a proven method of "curing" CH, taking psychodelic drugs can have some very serious medical problems-I think that the 1970s proved that.  I agree with you 100% Michael.

Patiently Waiting,

yeah i can understand that. i think timothy leary gave the use of psychedelics a bad rep witch is a shame because it's highly effective.

it seems to me that with all the complications that come from legal drugs lsd and mushrooms are physically healthier. think about all the heart problems associated with imetrex  and that's only a temporary fix. if your clinically depressed the lsd could be a bit much. but with the mushrooms you don't have to use enough of the to "trip" and even at a low dose it still works. i can't comment on the seeds i've never used them.

yes this treatment is illegal but is legitimate. besides that i refuse to recognize laws created by lobbyist paid by drug companies so the they can keep selling you drugs that just kinda work and what they continuously charge for imetrex so you can get some temporary relief is disgusting.  

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:10am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

frisbee
CH.com Newbie

x1|Pahoa|USA|usa|450|397|HI,Ha
Reply #280 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:11am

Yikes! Some thread...

FWIW, I shortened my last cluster (October 97?) just after "mid-term" with RC seeds. Had a whopper the day after dosing...but could tell something was going on.

Just starting a new cluster, and hit it with seed tea last Sunday. Nothing till today and I'll dose again in an hour or so. Will the seeds be the savior for me? Way too soon to tell, but I can find no reason not to try--since I am immoral and unethical and criminal.

I know this is true because there is a little hand-written note on the legally purchased 1000 seed packet saying "Not for human consumption." ;)

FTR, Bob, your original post was not at all abrasive, quite the opposite,  and it's great to see all the supportive posts. Whether the seeds do the trick or not I would like to publicly give thanks as well. You gently and succinctly answered my 1997 emails apparently simply out of the goodness of your heart. Pretty sure I know what do do this time around--if my seeds from a 18 months ago are still good...;)

(and I've ordered a O2ptimask as well--O2 works wonders for me as does exercise)

Your work has probably helped more people in more important ways than anybody I can think of. Of course, I hang out with fellow criminals, so you don't have a lot of competition, but still...;)

Cheers,
Kirt

IP Logged

frisbee
CH.com Newbie

x1|Pahoa|USA|usa|450|397|HI,Ha
Reply #281 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:13am

Oops...I meant October 2007, not 97...

Kirt

IP Logged

southwalessunshine
CH.com Veteran

caerphilly uk
Reply #282 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 6:10am

Hi all,
I read a little on this subject back last year but put it to the back of my mind because although I do have a problem with illegal substances I was newly diagnosed after about 14 yrs suffering and hadn't even been given 02.  Since then i have tried verapamil which turned me into a zombie with a killer headache on top of my CH and migraine.  I was supposed to get a flu jab and turned up at the docs and they refused to give it to me and then admitted me, I was in such a shape!  Now I'm on Epilim which has reduced the attacks that last for days on end.  However I still get kip 5 or 6 pretty much every day about tea time and a kip 8 or above once a week.  i use 02, sumatriptan tablets and injections.  I tried cold showers, hot showers, energy drinks, coffee, can't even contemplate exercise and cannot leave my bedroom.
I recently came off the Epilim as Inhave outlined in my recent post entitled contraceptive link. The beast pounced and I realised I need the Epilim to cope.  However I still am like a zombie every night.  I'm fed up of missing putting my little lad to bed and being able to help my 16 yr old with her GCSE revision etc.  I cannot hold down a job as it stands and am feeling worthless.  As I said the Epilim is approx halfing it so I do feel lucky to a certain extent...and feel guilty in a way that I want to feel better.  I feel that I have fought hard to get this much relief so maybe I should just accept and be grateful.  Or maybe that's my excuse for not having the guts to try the seeds etc? 
I am so interested in this and believe people have relief and wish I could make myself try it.  My main problem is that it's illegal.  Most of the posters here are in America and I read that some states have it legal for meds, that's not so here in the UK.  Although in my area I'm pretty sure I could get it easily.  The other problem Im have is that my ex was a regular user of cannabis, mushrooms, and it ended badly because of his paranoia, violence etc.  Also my mother is a drug addict, I have seen her in some terrible states, high, suicidal, she's bloated, her teeth have fallen out from rubbing drugs in her gums, suffers from bad vomiting and gets hospitalised, and she's a morphine and methadone addict.  I know some will point out that seeds and shrooms are not the drugs my experience is with, but in my head I just see a title of illegal drugs and think of the state of my mother.  I kinow if I took the step to take seeds or shrooms to help my CH I wouldn't be the same as my mother but I have a massive hurdle to jump in my head.
As soon as I finish this post I'm going to clusterbusters to re read the info.  But I am so scared to take this step yet so eager.
x

keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow.&&Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.&&Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.&&Helen keller

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #283 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 8:25pm

well you don't have anything to lose. it doesn't show up in a drug test at least non that i've taken and i'e taken over 100. if you do it be sure to research clusterbusters.com for best results. about 2 weeks after you bust no more ch. i,ve been pain free for over a year now.

IP Logged

ClusterChris
CH.com Old Timer

Damn Head!

Welland, Ontario
Reply #284 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 1:38pm

Howdy Folks.

Been a while. I just had to make a post here. I started reading the clusterbuster site a few years back and one day a couple years ago i said what the hell, and ordered some spores.  I grew them in my basement cellar, dried them and vacuum packed to be saved for my next cycle.  a few months later i was having, what I believe to be shadows. I went straight to the mushrooms and grapped one small cap, chewed it up and that has been it for ch for almost two years now. I just keep doing that same thing. If i feel the slightest bit like i am having a shadow, I eat 1 small peice. To this day i may have had to eat them maybe 5 times.  There is definately something to this. I was an imetrex junkie till now! No more 4 vials a day. 

It may be illegal, but who the hell cares. If it works. If they made imitrex illegal, would you stop using it if you had access to some?

Just my opinion.     Can somebody from clusterbusters drop me an e-mail when they get a chance I have a quick question.

Chris

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #285 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 3:13pm

I was also an imitrex junkie before rc seeds.  I know the imitrex was causing rebounds and making the pain worse as time went on.  Since detoxing from all meds and relying only on rc seeds and 02, I have been mostly pf.  Still get the occasional k-6 or 7 and some shadows, but I can live with that. 

Beth Smiley

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #286 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:22pm

Im kinda going  thourgh some of the same things beth. I get shadows from time to time, I do my seeds every six weeks or so and i have not gotten 1 hit above a small kip 6. I truely hope this is the anwser for me. ( knock wood, Wait, where's some wood? Where's the GOSH DARN WOOD!!?? someone please give me some wood.) Cheesy

Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

josh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #287 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:48pm

when i first started reading this thread, i was a little disturbed. a read the first couple of pages before my eyes started to hurt, lol. anyway, i just wanted to throw in my two cents worth.

just to get things out there that might have been over looked, i want to add this -

acid has the potential to change your life for the worse as well!

i did a lot of it and used to be a whole lot smarter before doing it. not to mention is has the potential to really mess up the way you view life and your perception of reality. i have no problem with people trying to find new ways to get rid of their CH's but they really need to fore warned about the possible non reversible side affects of this drug!

just as an example of my point here - i used to be way smarter than my sister "way smarter!". (no offense, sarah - hehe) a few years back, she graduated form berkley(with honers) with everything she needed to get into medical school she decided to be done with school and went another route. ok, so now i work in a saw mill with out even a high school diploma. i always wanted to engineer or something like that. now i can barely hold a thought long enough to do what i'm told at work... not even to mention that time i never really came back after dosing.

edit - i think i know what i'm going to after the next time i go to the coast. how the hell am i going to explain the is my wife? honey - we've goota stop by the square and pick up some shrooms, ok? - they'll help w/ my CH's...
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:54pm by josh »  

IP Logged

ClusterChris
CH.com Old Timer

Damn Head!

Welland, Ontario
Reply #288 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:23pm

Hey josh,

Not sure if its the same for everyone, but when I use them, the amount is so small that I feel absolutely no effect from it at all. And from what I've read there should be no need to take near the amount a recreational drug user would to get the "HIGH" from it.

Chris

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #289 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:46pm

josh wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:48pm:
i used to be way smarter than my sister "way smarter!". (no offense, sarah - hehe) a few years back, she graduated form berkley(with honers) ...

I used to be a lot smarter than my parents. Then I grew up.

You obviously weren't smarter than your sister if you burned yourself out on too many acid trips. Plus, and I'm just guessing, that acid wasn't your only form of recreation.

Just sayin.... Roll Eyes

Using psychedelics to treat clusters in not at all like using it recreationally. The doses are normally less than 1/4th of a recreational dose. The doses of seeds used is probably more like 1/20th.

That said, considering your history and current state of mind, I would suggest you NOT even try the lower doses to treat your clusters.

Bobw
P.S. ClusterChris...please ask your question here or feel free to send me a PM....or email.

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Reply #290 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 1:05am

I got Chris on a PM
Us Canadians gotta stick together.  'Eh.   Smiley

Doug

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #291 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 12:17pm

I have never even felt the slighteset twinge of a "trippy" feeling from dosing with seeds.  I always dose right before bed and sleep like a baby.  The side effects I experienced from Rx meds is an entirely different story.  I'll stick to seeds and 02.

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

josh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #292 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 10:59pm

Pinkfloyd wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:46pm:
josh wrote on Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:48pm:
i used to be way smarter than my sister "way smarter!". (no offense, sarah - hehe) a few years back, she graduated form berkley(with honers) ...

I used to be a lot smarter than my parents. Then I grew up.

You obviously weren't smarter than your sister if you burned yourself out on too many acid trips. Plus, and I'm just guessing, that acid wasn't your only form of recreation.

Just sayin.... Roll Eyes

Using psychedelics to treat clusters in not at all like using it recreationally. The doses are normally less than 1/4th of a recreational dose. The doses of seeds used is probably more like 1/20th.

That said, considering your history and current state of mind, I would suggest you NOT even try the lower doses to treat your clusters.

Bobw
P.S. ClusterChris...please ask your question here or feel free to send me a PM....or email.

well, guess it goes to show i didn't know the whole story before i posted. i was under the impression that you actually needed to do more to achieve the desired effect.

edit x2 - sorry guys, i read a lot more on the subject and now have a completely different opinion.

on another note, has anyone heard of someone getting busted for trying to treat their CH's? lol
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:11pm by josh »  

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #293 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:09pm

[quote author=4E4D4551544F4A1619210 link=1212882305/292#292 edit - wait a second, you guys are making this stuff? watch out for the feds! [/quote]

uh no... not me.... I think you should go to the clusterbusters website and read a little more to gain a better understanding.  I am not sure you have it quite yet.

Kelly

IP Logged

josh
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #294 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:12pm

mezza wrote on Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:09pm:
[quote author=4E4D4551544F4A1619210 link=1212882305/292#292 edit - wait a second, you guys are making this stuff? watch out for the feds!

uh no... not me.... I think you should go to the clusterbusters website and read a little more to gain a better understanding.  I am not sure you have it quite yet.

Kelly [/quote]

see above 'edit'
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2009 at 11:13pm by josh »  

IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus

CHit Happens

x1|Raleigh|USA|usa|475|180|NC,North_Carolina
Reply #295 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:20pm

Treatment with Psilocybin has been the most effective, least expensive solution I have ever found for dealing with Cluster HeadaCHes.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
WWW alongivsiuolluap  
IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #296 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:29pm

im a little late on this one.....after i read that shroomz worked keeping the beast at bay we found chris some shroomz. we ate them and ive had like 4 hits since then. i feel if i dose again i will knock this one out. last year i ate shroomz for 4 months, just for fun, and i didnt have a cycle. this year i had a cycle start and i aborted it with 1 dose 3 months into the cycle. after all ive been through, im sold on the shroomz. i never want to take another pill as long as i live. besides, my body cant take anymore. clusterbusting is the way to go in my opinion.

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

kingsiren
CH.com Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

x0||||||
Reply #297 - Apr 10th, 2009 at 2:32pm

I just started a new post extolling the virtues of the R.C. Seeds. Sorry, i should have read more forst  and I would hve seen this long wondeful thread.

The RC Seeds worked for me. I had some shadows 2 weeks ago, dosed and they left. I have some mild shadows today so Im gonna dose again. I use 50 seeds. I do not get high. I do not hallucinate. I do not dress up in a wig 7 a sundress and sell my body to get money to get more seeds. It does not turn me into a foam at the mouth junkie. It gives me relief from the most horrible torture I have ever experienced in my life. I do not feel immoral, nor criminal. I feel blessed that this treatment has worked for me and thank God 7 all the other clusterBusters who have shown me a way to help myself!!!!

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.

IP Logged

imacane
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Scottsdale|USA||0|0|AZ,Arizona
Reply #298 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 10:01pm

I can and will stand up and be counted.  Here's my story, not unlike many before me.  I spent 14 years of my life a chronic.  I tried every possible remedy suggested by the 4 neurologists, 2 pain management Drs., 1 anesthesiologist, 2 different styles of acupuncturist, internists etc.   I visited.  There were so many prescriptions I actually lost count and sadly, the only relief, a temporary one at that was the prednisone.  We all know that party must end almost as soon as it's started. I was at my wits end when I went for the Occipital nerve block. The first one didn't work though the crunching under my scalp was an interesting experience, the second time (was I crazy to try again) I was injected with Botox. Again, no luck.  It was on this board approximately 2 years ago that I saw mention of Dr. John Halpern, research using psychedelics as a preventative remedy. I did contact Dr. Halpern and was introduced to Clusterbusters.  Here's the facts, I was scared to try mushrooms, I was worried about the legalities, at the time I had teenage children at home, my wife councils children in the high schools system with drinking and drugging problems, I could see all the reasons not to try, but I was sick, real sick with cluster episodes 4-6 times each day.  The quality of my life was gone and when I wasn't in excruciating pain I was worked up and worried knowing my next cluster was soon to arrive.  Sound familiar? Frightened and wondering if I could actually last a week with out any medications I bit the bullet had one of the worst weeks in my life and started the mushrooms in low doses. It took 4 doses, each 5 days apart before I showed any signs of success.  First I passed a time where I always had a cluster, then a day and on and on until I went 4 months pain free.  Interestingly, I broke a finger and that physical stress brought on a cycle.  I made some mushroom tea and again, after a few doses I was headache free.  I now am on a maintenance program and the clusters stay away.  No more trex injections, prednisone or blocks.  Oh and by the way I did discuss this with the family and there response was clear... they would rather I try anything including breaking the law than to watch me bang my head, scream and cry, pull my hair out and think of ending it all.  Good luck to all of you that read this message, perhaps mushrooms are worth try.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #299 - May 1st, 2009 at 8:45am

We are most happy to stand up and be counted.

Over many years Blake has taken dozens of drugs, both preventative and abortive.  He felt they were slowly killing him and I believed it.  The clusters were terrible but the drugs were stealing his soul.

He went into remission for a couple years.  This was after 15 years of being chronic........then they came back.

We decided it was time for the alternative.  We did our homework and asked a lot of questions.  We had a lot of help from some very learned people.  Thanks to you all.  Then we started the dosing routine.....8 doses to date.

It is by far the BEST thing we've ever done for a treatment.  The beast still lets us know he's hanging around but it's NOTHING like before.  Blake runs his ass (the beast) off with a few snorts of miracle 02, coffee or energy drinks.  Our plan is to keep dosing the SOB until we totally stomp him (to quote a friend).

I know this isn't for everyone, for different reasons,  but it's been a miracle for us.

Life is good   Smiley

Love and PF Wishes to you all...
Jackie

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!