Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166370 times)
dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:00pm

I'll be counted in.

Brief background:  episodic for 33 years, usually 2 cycle a year (May and October) for 8 to 10 weeks each time.
O2 responsive, using ergotamines only when I cant get to the O2.

IMO, I've successfully aborted 4 or 5 cycles with entheogens, the "best" was in 4 days.  For me this was unbelievable, better than I could have hoped for.  The last attempt at busting a cycle was in January this year, for some reason nothing was effective.
I've now begun an attempt at prevention, treating just prior to my expected May cycle, it's now June and so far it would seem I've avoided the expected return.

At this stage, this treatment may not be for everyone, due to medical and/or personal issues.  I respect the choices anyone makes for themselves.  Life is a choice, treatment is a choice.  Make yours for yourself based on information and what is right for you.

Over the last 5 or so years I've been rather quiet about my treatments publicly. (my medical doctor is well aware of my choices and has offered his support and understanding)
I've declined newspaper and TV interviews on this treatment for "personal and professional reasons", yet I admire greatly those that are able to and do speak out.

Where will this treatment go?  Who knows. 
Science and medical advances arise from observation, then asking the question "why and how".
We don't have the answers right now, we only have case studies and observational reports.  It's a start and in my opinion a damn good start.

Often when dealing in medications, the answers to how and why are unknown, the human body and it's response are varied and irregular, in most any condition and often in CH.

Just for fun, I looked up acetaminophen (tylenol) or rx.list.com, how does it work and why does it work. 
Their answer to that: "Although the exact site and mechanism of analgesic action is not clearly defined, acetaminophen appears to produce analgesia by elevation of the pain threshold"

Appears to.  How???  Observational evidence only. 
I don't raise this to perpetuate the argumentative potential of this thread, I wish to stop that before it develops.
Instead, lets ask the question "how and why" the entheogen treatment   works and continue to gather the evidence as it arises.  Going forward in search of the answers.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines Science (in part) as:
   1. The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.
   2. Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena.
   3. Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study.

Those than have and are able to join in this search for the science of entheogenic treatment of cluster headache are to be commended, as are those that are also unable to do so for whatever reason.

We're all in this together and together we may find the answers.
Questions, with respect and caring. 
And always honor the choices that other make for themselves.

Regards
Doug

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:04pm

Excellent reply, Pinkfloyd, and I thank you for addressing my many concerns. I'm a skeptic, not a cynic, and there's a major difference.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:31pm

(PART_1)
Bobw (Pinkfloyd)
Quote:
“None of these things, including Imitrex and oxygen, have the success of psychedelics in the treatment of clusters. You can believe me or not. Believe the dozens of people that have testified to their effectiveness, or not. They've been talked about here for YEARS and the effectiveness remains the same....75-80% of people using them, BREAK their cycles early. People that have been chronic for years, are now episodic and happy about it. Episodes they can control or eliminate.“

form
The Lancet Neurology
Volume 5, Issue 9 , September 2006, Page 732

“John Halpern (Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital, Belmont, USA), who is instigating studies on psilocybin and LSD for cluster headaches with study lead Andrew Sewell…..
Halpern and colleagues did a questionnaire study of 53 people taking psilocybin or LSD for cluster headaches. Although Halpern says that speculation on mechanisms is premature before efficacy studies are done, 22 of the 53 patients reported partial or complete efficacy from subhallucinogenic doses. If proven in rigorous studies, such efficacy might lie in the serotonergic action that characterises most hallucinogens…… “

22 out of 53 that is “only”  41.82% (which is good by itself) and it was not a study just a questionnaire……..
Bob where do you get your Numbers, have you ever seen a study that supports your claim, a study that
was done by an independent person or institute? or “just” what you have collected? even so I would
like to believe it, some in the medical world say differently……. (see below “The Guardian”)

Bobw (Pinkfloyd)
Quote:
Ya know, I look at the list of subject headers here and I see people extolling the virtues…. Suboccipital injections. Worried about side effects,
I am worried, I think I am doing every thing one can do to try and find out what are the potential side
effects of the “injection” and for that I (the hospital) use very modern equipment and the knowledge of the hospital
I am a treated at, and the will and dedication of good people trying to help me find out all the
information possible, and that as a case study, that can help some of us find relive from CH,
and I still didn’t see the light, I am on my way, I hope, but I see the light on the end of the tunnel,
but its not the only light, just one more (possible) way to battle CH.
Bob can you point me to one Study that was done in the modern time (past the 1980) about “Lysergsäure-diethylamid” or better known as LSD and its possible (or not)  adverse effects on the humans. A study and not testimonials.

Mark Honigsbaum  The Guardian, Tuesday August 2 2005 .
“Peter Goadsby, professor of neurology at the Institute of Neurology, University College London, and the world's leading expert on cluster headaches, is sceptical about the mushroom therapy.
He argues that the relief reported by some patients may be a placebo effect or owing to natural remission.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:34pm

(PART_2)

But he does believe the cases warrant a proper clinical study, particularly as ergotomine - which contains lysergic acid, a precursor of LSD - has been used to treat migraines for years.
"It's possible that mushrooms have some useful effect but it's far from proven," Dr Goadsby says. "Cluster headaches are such a devastating problem that people will turn to anything that seems to work."
The only study I am aware of, in the world,  evaluating LSD, and not CH related, is:…..  
(mentioned to me by John Halpern in our e-mail exchange last year)

LSD – unterstützte Psychotherapie bei Personen mit Angstsymptomatik
in Verbindung mit fortgeschrittenen lebensbedrohenden Erkrankungen.
Eine doppelblinde, plazebokontrollierte Phase-II Dosis-Wirkungs-
Pilotstudie

(LSD – assisted psychotherapy
in persons suffering from anxiety
associated with advanced-stage life threatening diseases.
A phase-II, double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-response pilot study)

PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR:
Dr. med. Peter Gasser;
Facharzt FMH Psychiatrie + Psychotherapie
4500 Solothurn / Switzerland

MEDICAL MONITOR
Rick Doblin, PhD;

STUDY MONITOR
Valerie Mojeiko;

(A link to the Clinical Study Protocol)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

this is a start (you and the CB’ers have most likely a role in pushing this sort of treatment into the minds
of researchers)  and a chance, that one of the pharma giants will pick up on this venue and invest the needed
money for approval of studies and research, and in the R&D of an approved medical solution based on
“Lysergsäure-diethylamid” or better known as LSD, but that is for the moment a dream rather then reality,

Like Brain posted

Let the information flow, friends, for knowledge is our greatest defence against a common enemy.  

and Bob...

I'm a skeptic, not a cynic, and there's a major difference
(Brain very nicely said)

Micahel

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:36pm

AussieBrian wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:04pm:
I'm a skeptic

Thanks Brian,
As I've said all along, skeptics are as essential (if not more so) to the research process as those that support that research. Without questions, there are no answers. It takes passion on both sides of the equation to come to the best possible answer, in the end.

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus

Why didn't Noah swat those
two mosquitoes?

Cudahy, WI
Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 4:02pm

Quote:
Lizzie,
Did you also use the seeds?

Thomas

I used the mushrooms.

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
WWW alienspacebabe alienspacebabe alienspacebabe 574982956 alienspacelizzie MzClusterhead  
IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 4:10pm

Thanks Babe

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #32 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 4:25pm

Michael,
The portion of the article that you posted didn't tell the entire story and left the numbers a bit out of context.

here is the expanded passage: [my comments in bold brackets]

Results are summarized in table 2 and listed in complete form
in table E-1 (on the Neurology Web site at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register). Of
the 32 subjects with episodic cluster headache, 19 had used sublingual
psilocybin during cluster attacks; 17 found psilocybin to be effective in aborting attacks (defined as ending the attack within 20 minutes).

[17 of 19 aborted attacks; 89%]

Only one subject had used sublingual LSD for an acute attack, reporting it to be effective. Twenty-nine subjects had used psilocybin prophylactically during a cluster period; 15 (52%) reported that it was effective (defined as causing total cessation of attacks), and a further 12 (41%) reported partial efficacy (defined as attacks decreasing in intensity or frequency but not ceasing).

[17 of 19 reported at least partial efficacy 89%]

Five of six LSD users reported cluster period termination.

[5 out of 6; 83%]

Twenty subjects ingested psilocybin during a remission period; 19 reported an extension of their remission period, in that their next
expected cluster period was delayed or prevented entirely.

[19 out of 20 extended remission periods; 95%]

Four of five subjects reported similar remission extension with LSD.

[4 out of 5; 80%]

Of the 21 subjects with chronic cluster headache, 5 of 7 reported
that psilocybin aborted a cluster attack;

[5 out of 7; 71%]

10 of 20 reported that psilocybin induced a complete termination of cluster attacks; and a further 8 reported partial efficacy.

[10 out of 20 CHRONICS complete remission 50%]
[18 out of 20 CHRONICS at least partial remission 90%]

Of two chronic cluster headache patients who ingested LSD, both at subhallucinogenic doses, one reported no attacks for 10 days, and the other reported none for 2 months. Interestingly, 22 (42%) of the 53 subjects reported partial or complete efficacy (as defined above) from subhallucinogenic doses of psilocybin or LSD.

[this passage speaks to dose size, not efficacy]

Do I have data from clinical trials to support the above information? No, not yet. But, this just isn't a "report"
It is a case series with all data approved by a peer review committee and carried out in an approved scientific manner. It is the first step. The trials will be coming. They are very costly and time consuming, and no, we don't have any pharmaceutical companies coming to our rescue.

As to Prof. Goadsby, the remarks you quoted were made before the Neurology article. I hope everyone at the OUCH conference asks him for his updated views.

Bobw
my "preview" doesn't work so I hope this posts ok

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 5:32pm

wildhaus wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:31pm:
( have you ever seen a study that supports your claim, a study that
was done by an independent person or institute? or “just” what you have collected?

This information wasn't collected by me or clusterbusters. It was collected by researchers at Harvard Medical School. The process for publishing a case series like this is very much different than my collecting data. The process of collection and the findings are approved by a peer-review board.

Don't you find it interesting and a bit odd that there isn't an avalance of studies about the bad side effects of LSD and psilocybin?
If you can't find any studies outlining the adverse effects of psychedelics like LSD and psilocybin, there is a good reason for this.
The only people spending any money researching these things, other than the few regarding clusters, OCD, PTSD and a few others, are the government. The government has spent millions trying to find out the dangers. They don't spend much time publishing the reports that advertise the safety of illegal drugs.

I will try to find more data for you. We will be conducting phase two trials. Phase one trials test the safety of a treatment. The safety work has been done.

here is one report by the Dutch government you might find interesting;

I imagine you've seen the British study published in the Lancet about the dangers of drugs.
here is a link to an article about it.....I don't have the Lancet link right here....

You'll notice that psilocybin in nowhere to be found

Bobw

- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

Annette
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:30pm

Back in Nov 2006, I wrote to Dr Sewell asking about using mushrooms for CH as Daniel was considering trying it. This is the email I received from Dr Sewell.

" Hi Annette!

I’m sorry to hear about your husband. As you are no doubt aware, cluster headache is a devastating disease which is inadequately treated by conventional medications.

I have attached the paper that I co-wrote with John Halpern and Harrison Pope describing our observations on the psilocybin treatment. I encourage you to take it to your neurologist and discuss it with him before trying anything!

R. Andrew Sewell MD
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Center
Harvard Medical School/McLean Hospital "

So I took the paper to my neurologist Prof Spira and he told me that there was not enough information there to convince him of the efficacy and safety of the substances.

The paper was not a study or a trial but a collection of data from existing users which suggested maybe psychedelic substance does have good therapeutic effect on CH. The conclusion was that since many existing users reported good effect it was considered worthwhile to study it further, maybe as a randomised, double blind trial.

I believe Dr Sewell and Dr Halpern subsequently applied to Harvard University for fund and authorisation to start such a trial but since then I have heard nothing more.

Please BobW, tell us if there is indeed a randomised, double blind study currently underway ? Thank you very much

IP Logged

Annette
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:38pm

On the other hand, I would like to voice my opinion of how this thread was started. BobW opening post was all about the benefit of psychedelic treatment, no mention of possible problems or side effects or contraindications to its use. When I asked further, Nani pointed out that the answers to those questions could be found in clusterbuster website.

My question is: Why not have an opening post outlying BOTH the positive and the negative effects of using psychedelic substance for CH ? Wouldnt that be more transparent to readers? Then if anyone has a more specific question it can be referred to the website.

My personal feeling, when reading an opening post advertising ONLY the good point then urging people to another website where the discussion forum is kept off limit to guests, is similar to how I feel about a snake oil peddler coming here proclaiming the efficacy of their magical products then ushering enquiries to their own websites.

I am not criticizing BobW personally nor the use of psychedelics, I just felt uncomfortable with the way it was "advertised" .

IP Logged

Annette
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:44pm

Pinkfloyd wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 5:32pm:
The only people spending any money researching these things, other than the few regarding clusters, OCD, PTSD and a few others, are the government. The government has spent millions trying to find out the dangers. They don't spend much time publishing the reports that advertise the safety of illegal drugs.

I will try to find more data for you. We will be conducting phase two trials. Phase one trials test the safety of a treatment. The safety work has been done.

Thanks BobW.

Do you have the information on the trials or whatever it is the government has spent millions on ? and what are the outcome ?

Also who are WE in these two trials you are talking about ? What is the abstract of these trials ? Have you got any data on the result of the first phase on the safety issue ?

Thanks again

IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #37 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:59pm

wildhaus wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 11:27am:
as long as it is on the ILLEGAL list I can
not use it for practical reasons, nor can I promote it (full harted)
for ethical reasons…

First of all it isn't illegal everywhere. What's the problem with going to the Netherlands for a short trip and just try it once?

And "ethical reasons"... lol ,sorry for being harsh but that's a bs. What do you mean by "ethical reasons"?

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 10:40pm

Quote:
First of all it isn't illegal everywhere. What's the problem with going to the Netherlands for a short trip and just try it once?

The problem is that trying hallucinogens on the basis of anecdotal evidence (even strong anecdotal evidence) to treat CH is not equivalent to drinking lots of water, say, to see if it helps--or going to the supermarket to buy an energy drink and giving it a go.  Everything has consequences, but the consequences attending water-drinking or ingesting an energy drink are inconsequential.

Legal issues aside, I imagine that acquiring, manufacturing, or trying hallucinogenic substances bothers a certain percentage of people for many reasons that have little or nothing to do with whether or not those substances are legal.  It's not simply a matter of what they can or cannot get away with. 

I don't mean to personalize this, but...

Each person has to weigh the potential benefit against the consequences--and the consequences are not merely legal.  They involve questions of accountability to one's self and to others, and yes--questions of personal morality, if you will.  Does one's desperation outweigh the message that is sent to others by using hallucinogenic substances?   Does one's need for an effective treatment trump a firm personal stance against the use of illegal drugs?

I will not presume to answer those questions for others--they need to search their own hearts and minds for the answers.  I will not condemn anyone for the decisions they have made and the actions they have taken.  I don't live their lives, and--although I can comprehend their pain--their pain is their own.  They remain my friends, and my brave companions.  No harm, no foul.

With all that in mind, I prefer, personally, to maintain a neutral position on the use of hallucinogens in the treatment of CH.  I've gotten along thusfar without them, and I can certainly wait a bit longer until one or more objective, clinically-controlled trials are completed showing hallucinogens are effective and safe in treating CH.  If they are, I'll be more than happy to acknowledge their efficacy. 

I doubt that I'm the only one who feels that way.

Even if they are proven to be effective, I likely will never decide to try them, however.  It just doesn't work for me, on many levels.

YMMV.

So no--I won't be visiting the Netherlands anytime soon.

All the best,

George      
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2008 at 10:42pm by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #39 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:17am

[quote author=73717B6673717E140 link=1212882305/25#38 date=1212979255
 Everything has consequences, but the consequences attending water-drinking or ingesting an energy drink are inconsequential.

[/quote]

Nice post George, thank you.

Just an interesting point about the statement about drinking water being inconsequential.
Not to make a point other than this story being interesting, at least to me...maybe others.

During the time the case series work was being done at Harvard (the report in Neurology) I approached the powers to be at Harvard to see if they would be interested in doing something similar with the waterx3 treatment. Wanting to see if something could come of it, including letting more people become aware of the treatment option and also to see if, 1, it could be improved upon by determing how and why it works (for some) and 2, if we could come up with a set process for helping people. Such as, how much is best , etc.
(see...clusterbusters looks everywhere for help, not just hallucinogens)

Anyway......even though Harvard was willing to become involved in this process for mushrooms and LSD, they were not willing to take a chance on WATER.
They felt it was too dangerous and that they could be held liable if anything went wrong..and someone actually died from drinking too much water.
You can enter this into your Believe it or Not folder, but it's true.
Now, I'm not saying that Harvard believes that water is more dangerous than LSD. (although they chose to monitor an LSD/psilocybin case series and not the water, due to safety concerns)
There are dangers with drinking too much water and people DO die from drinking too much water.
They felt asking people to "drink a lot of water and see what happens to your clusters" left it too open for people to drink more than what was safe. People think water is so safe, that if say 8 glasses a day was good for their clusters, they may choose to drink 40 glasses to see if it was better.
There are also other heath problems that could cause some people to have a higher risk of serious problems from drinking too much water.

They felt that even if we told them how much to drink, they might drink more, due to its being......inconsequential.

People don't think of LSD or Psilocybin in this way so the fear of overdoing it, isn't as large a fear with psychedelics, as it is with water.

So, there you have it, nothing is inconsequential under the right circumstances.

Bobw

- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #40 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:32am

Quote:
So, there you have it, nothing is inconsequential under the right circumstances.

Bobw

Point taken, Bob, and thank you.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:07am

Here's my story; more eloquently put than I ever could have:

Original source: Arran Frood - Nature Medicine; January 2007

As with most journalism these days, there are a couple of untruths.  For example, you may want to reconsider the statement "...a respectable middle-aged man..." Wink

Also, if you download the PDF, the author apologises upfront for the blatantly incorrect photograph of the medication on page two; it was the editors what done it Roll Eyes

-Lee

IP Logged

CArl
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 8:13am

Hello everyone,

I only read the boards these days, be it right or wrong, I chose not to post anymore a few years back.
You offer great support here to sufferer's, & to those of you who frequent this place on a daily basis giving that support, I raise my hat to you all.

I am a member of ClusterBusters, & very proud to be too. ClusterBusters saved my life. I have had CH for over 20 years now. I'de had every possible CH Med the Neuro's had to offer, some worked for a while, some not at all, but alway's the CH would return with a vengance.

So Approx 3 years ago now I decided to give the RC Seeds, & the Psilocybin a go, & to cut a long story short, I could'nt believe the success I had with them.....WOW!!... It stops the pain.
At the time I was a member of OUCH(UK) but what I found to be a real hard pill to swallow was. Why wasn't this information available to me when I first joined?...Why was the subject so Taboo?...Why were we not pushing the medical people harder about the success sufferers were having using RC's, & Psilocybin?

Like Bob W, I had a passion, & started to post about my success with Alternatives. I too was branded aggresive, several months later they banned me, just as they did with Flash....
Please don't let that happen here. Why be so hush hush about something that has the success rate that RC's, LSD, & Psilocybin are having.

In the last 3 years  since starting on the ClusterBuster treatment I have managed to completely abort every cycle, apart from the last one, which is now under control again, & up to date, I am not suffering any noticable side effects.

I do hope this post doesn't offend anyone, or cause anyone to self harm....

CArl...

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 8:34am

Quote:
I use methysergide judiciously, which is a legal psychedelic alternative. Not without its nasty side effects, which is why I use it judiciously, but legal nonetheless.

I wonder if daily doses of RC or shrooms would have the same side effects?

The survey numbers are just numbers that can be skewed by many things.  The people they worked for are anxious to tell the world they worked.  Hell yes I'll join the survey.

Those they didn't work for are less anxious.  I think the survey called for the release of your medical records.  Maybe someone they didn't work for would be less anxious to release their records (hey, it's bogus, why shold I give some guy I don't know my medical records).

We'll never really be sure of the numbers until a trial is done.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #44 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:42am

Quote:
We'll never really be sure of the numbers until a trial is done.
  Exactly. 

It's time for an actual trial.

Asking that people try substances with potentially life-altering consequences to treat a medical condition is asking a lot.  I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a lot in return. 

It's been said that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  One (or better yet, several) well-crafted clinical trials will bring about more positive, lasting change than any amount of passion and conviction.

Best wishes,

George

Edit to add:

Carl, as has been pointed out several times before, the decisions made and the actions taken by another message board are outside the control of the admins. of this message board.  I've not seen any reasonable discussion of alternatives banned here, at any time. 

If it's all the same to you, I'd just as soon not see a very civilized and enlightening conversation be sidetracked into an analysis of "who killed who"--somewhere else.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2008 at 10:31am by George »  

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #45 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:50am

Quote:
Please don't let that happen here. Why be so hush hush about something that has the success rate that RC's, LSD, & Psilocybin are having.

Caqrl, I think you're carrying some baggage there boy.  This place has been anything but hush hush regarding alternatives.  It's been discussed freely since day one and will continue to be.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Annette
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 11:09am

I want to know, why hasnt BobW answered any of my questions ? Everyone else's questions got answered but mine ?

Am I supposed to be  Lips Sealed ?

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #47 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 11:22am

The answers to everyone's questions is available at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Scroll down the main page about halfway and read the Spring 2008 report for additional info.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2008 at 11:26am by nani »  

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #48 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 12:59pm

nani wrote on Jun 9th, 2008 at 11:22am:
The answers to everyone's questions is available at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Scroll down the main page about halfway and read the Spring 2008 report for additional info.

Thank you, Nani.

Reading the report, I note the following:

Quote:
Psilocybin and LSD research
The protocol designs for the clinical trials have reached the point where we feel
they will not only be submitted to all the necessary agencies in 2008, but we fully
expect approvals and scheduling of the first patient to legally receive a
psychedelic treatment for their cluster headaches, to take place in late 2008- early

I will be following updated information on this with interest.

Best wishes,

George

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

St. Maarten/Neth. Antilles
Reply #49 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 1:06pm

It's been along time since this subject got this kind of attention.
I tried "accepted" meds once, felt like crap and suffered more than ever. I tried RC seeds and they worked. Prevent and abort.
For the skepitics, don't knock it until you try it. The result should be evidence enough.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!