Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166622 times)
JDH
CH.com Alumnus

We will get by, We will
survive!

St Louis|Missouri
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #225 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 9:06am

I haven't been around for a while and didn't see this until now but I'll testify! My last cycle ended in Feb '03 and I've been dosing twice a year since and I've had NO CLUSTER HEADACHES in almost 6 years! That's by far the longest I've gone w/out dealing with it since 1985.
It's been a great pf ride and me and mine thank you for all you and yours have done Bob. 

Jim

ECH established 1985
simnjue2u  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #226 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 12:46am

Thanks for stoppin in Jim.

Great to hear that you're still doing so well. Long may it continue.

Bob

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

cyberone
CH.com Junior

melbourne, AUST
Reply #227 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 9:06am

i have read this forum every day for more than 3 years but reluctantly i
have been avoiding this thread pretty much most of the time...dunno
why...maybe im stupid...

i have to say that i dint want to get "converted" and those are my own words. i was really hoping that i could find a useful solution via the docs...although its prob only been about 4 years since my first attack ive tried almost everything in terms of drugs...and for me the side effects have been pretty bad.

worst was topamax...although it worked  maybe in cutting down my attacks 50% of the time and reducing the number by half it left me like a zombie...then it started to screw with my heart and give me major panic attacks (rare but not uncommon)

just before i continue i want to tell you about my headaches.

before i lived in japan (for about 5-6 years) and all was sweet.
then my grand father died and i came back to austraila for the funeral.
when i was in australia for the funeral i got influenza very bad. but by the time i was ready to go home it had just turned into bad sinus trouble and some headaches (little did i know....)

when i got back to japan it kept getting worse...
with each day over about a week the pain would come and go about every hour (maybe two or three if i could manage some sleep) until it got crippling.
the pain was typical cluster style (tho i didn't know it at the time) screwed up left eye, left sinus going crazy, aches down my left side, and this death bringing pain behind my left eye...

i went to the doctors and they told me (i think i went to three docs at this stage..) that i had sinus problems...

so many drugs later and  after no love the headaches dissipated...
yay!!!
a month later they are back again...
i cant really remember but without "short bullshit cures" - that i ahve tried from this site...some semi ok some resulting in nothing... i have not had a day without a headache since..
in the path of my looking for help ive been to maybe 6-8 neurologists in two countries...been fired from two jobs...lost two girlfriends...one of 5 years...lost many friends who couldnt cope with it (i dont really blame them) and made stronger friends...

one thing about these headaches are that they have taken me to the brink of suicide...ive been there ...tried it...and thanks to people that were looking out for me when i was in cycle i failed..  Cheesy

ive been to hell and back...some weeks only a few times...others many times a day.

after reading all these posts in this tread i just wanna make some points..

i have no problem about taking illegal drugs to help me live....and my headaches get so bad that there is no way i can hold a job when they do get to the extreme so who cares about them....im in my "down cycle (two or three headaches a day - and maybe kip 3-5)" at the moment...there is no off or on...but when it gets to a full blown "on" cycle  i cant leave the house...there is NO work to worry about being drug tested...there is NO life...

i still consider my self episodic even tho i have had headaches pretty much every day for the last 3 years...i read these boards daily and i can understand the hell that some of the others that have no "down" time must feel...

anyway...

all that being said.

i think im starting a new cycle of "bad" headaches just this past two weeks....so...

if i can im gonna try to see if the clusterbuster stuff works for me.

the problem may be getting the stuff in Australia...i wanted to do musshies but its summer here now so it might be hard. i would rather try seeds but i really dont know again if its doable in australia...

anyone who condems what i want to try to bring a bit of life
back please read what i have written carefully...

ill try to let you know of the results if i can get the stuff together...
if not ill prob be to dead or massively  tired in the coming weeks to check whats going on....

all the best and painf free to all

cyb

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2009 at 9:26am by cyberone »  

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #228 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 10:35am

Count me in my friend!

Aborted the beginning of a cycle dead in its tracks using shrooms roughly 4-5 years ago by accident (the first time) and again during the next cycle (realized there was some kind of link).  Needless to say I was doing them for fun back then to get my mind off of the clusters, but never knew they would abort my entire cycle.  Since then, shrooms are very hard to find, however I have dosed twice now on rc seeds since a cycle is due for me jan.-feb.  So far, so good and i'll keep my fingers crossed.  If I even feel the slight shadow like I usually do a week before the cycle, i'm dosing that night after work.  I had no hangover affects at all the other two times and I ate 25 seeds (round 1) and 65 (round 2).  When I ate 65 seeds, I had a little nausea, but nothing major.  Other than the nausea, I barely felt anything, but a slight body buzz.  The intensity was nothing like shrooms which is even more of a bonus.  

Lets hope the seeds do the job.  

Wishing PF days to all  Smiley

Chad
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2009 at 10:37am by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #229 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:02pm

Quote:

Should anyone condemn you for trying to treat CH with alternatives they will have to answer for it. Here anyway.
Good for you I hope you find relief. The seeds are the easiest to obtain and use. The shrooms are a bit more difficult, but have a higher efficacy rate.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #230 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:55pm

Quote:

No one in their right mind  would ever condemn you here. 

I'm not knowledable about Australias laws, but the seeds are legal to purchase here in the U.S.

Good luck to you.   Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #231 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 12:24am

whew...took me a few days to get through this thread... Grin

COUNT ME IN!

What I love is how a few "concerned citizens" always want to get in a snit over the possible side effects of the psychedelics...when we KNOW what nasty havoc our prescription meds can wreak!!!  Cheesy

I have been reading old journal reports from the 60s when they did all the initial testing of LSD, and from what I've read, they found NO long term side effects. 

as for legality and the workplace, you can't worry about drug-testing if you lose your job from CH!   Wink

And let's not get too worked up about whether or not doctors are endorsing this...honestly, they can't risk their jobs by endorsing illegal drugs; I'm really pleasantly surprised that a few GP's and neuros HAVE backed up some buster's efforts.  (My doc wouldn't give it the official green light, but she's happy for me nonetheless.)

God bless you, Bob!

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

bloobrain
CH.com Newbie

THANK YOU CH.com!

chile
Reply #232 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 4:15pm

Hy Pink Floyd. you wrote "This research is going off many directions, 3 institutions in the US and Europe"...Is it possible for you to give me the names of these institutions, thank you very much.
Bloobrain/bluebrain

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #233 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 4:52pm

rc seeds and 02 are still working for me.  I do still get the occasional K7, but nothing that 02 doesn't take care of.  Life is good!!

Beth  Smiley

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #234 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 1:15am

bloobrain wrote on Jan 9th, 2009 at 4:15pm:
Is it possible for you to give me the names of these institutions, thank you very much.
Bloobrain/bluebrain

Hi Bluebrain,
Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital.
Yale School of Medicine
A Medical School in Germany that I'm a little reluctant to specify at this moment as I don't have permission to do so. We are at a critical stage.
If you know of any German nationals that might like to become part of an ongoing clinical study, let me know in email or PM here.

Bobw

edit to add: BTW, thanks to everyone for your kind words, encouragement and for keeping this thread going.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2009 at 1:16am by Pinkfloyd »  

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

MikeE
CH.com Junior

ky
Reply #235 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:11am

Shrooms and seeds both work great for me. Use them the way shared on the CB site. I will stand up and say thanks to all those who shared the information. What I learned from from CBers did me far more good than all the doctors and neros I have seen. I shared how I was using seeds with my current nero and he said " that is very interesting and it doesnt supprise me" He knew of the close door effect and said he was going to tell his other cluster paitent about it if he could figure out how with out getting in trouble. That is a shame that the legal wall still keeps so many in pain. My nero also said dont count on it being tested or becomming legal because the sad fact is there are not enough cluster sufferers to make it profitable. So my choice is to be PF legal or not.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #236 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:59am

I have tried rc seeds with no effect,   I have been trying shrooms for about 5 weeks now.   The first dose 2g had no affect,  second dose 2.5g I was pain free for the first time in years but it only lasted for 30 minutes then I got a kip 9 for about 45 minutes then puked,  third dose 3g was about the same as #2 without the puking and the fourth and fifth dose I was pain free for about a 1/2 hour and then a strong shadow kicked in a good kip5-6 and lasted for three to four days.   I have been chronic for almost four years and have constant shadows k2-4 some times k5,  I know it is harder to bust a chronic cycle but should I continue to try,   I was going to dose again today but didn't because of the fear of making my shadows stronger again.  Bob what do I do?

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #237 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 12:50pm

Well, I'm not Bob, but I would let it be for a week and see how it settles in. Then go for the big dose. Dosing three times in ten days did it this time around at least for me. I had shadows for a week and a few nightimes hits but after that ...nothing. Big doses this time. 3g dry.
Keep up the good fight Phil, dont eat at least 4 hours before dosing and use the tea recipe, that will help with the nausea.
the bb

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #238 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 1:14pm

I dosed with 75 RC seeds Tuesday night, got my usual hit after falling asleep that night.  Since then, I've only had to hit the O2 tank once - this is incredibly good for me. I had been in a 30 day pattern of 3-6 hits every day. (Luckily, O2 NEVER lets them get bad)

Seeds work gradually for me. Not knowing this caused me to give up on them earlier.  I kept expecting the hits to just stop.  Now I realize that for me, it's a long process - not "an event."

This time I'm going to stick with it. Going for another 75 seeds tonight and I'll continue the doses for months if required.

Marc

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #239 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 1:29pm

Quote:
Well, I'm not Bob, but I would let it be for a week and see how it settles in. Then go for the big dose. Dosing three times in ten days did it this time around at least for me. I had shadows for a week and a few nightimes hits but after that ...nothing. Big doses this time. 3g dry.
Keep up the good fight Phil, dont eat at least 4 hours before dosing and use the tea recipe, that will help with the nausea.
the bb

Tx bb  Cool

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #240 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 1:57pm

Give it some CH-HELL, Phil!

Marc

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #241 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 11:36pm

Quote:
the bb

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thanks for always being there to help out BB.

The tea is betetr for many people. It does help a great deal with any nausea problems and also helps get the psilocybin into the system quicker, often making the dose a bit more effective.

Bobw
P.S. Glad to hear you stuck with it Marc and are having some success.

- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

bloobrain
CH.com Newbie

THANK YOU CH.com!

chile
Reply #242 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:25pm

Hy Pink Floyd, nice to here from you and thank you for answering my question. I know of one patient from Germany who is a member of Clusterheadaches group. I wrote my ideas about CH and Psilocycin/Psilocin under the name of bluebrain theory which I presented to this forum on April 24th, 2007. He was kind to contact me if he could make a link between clusterheadaches/bluebrain theory and his group in Germany.
German is not my strong but if you want to know more about this group please go to google and type bluebrain theory-ck-wissen.
I could try to contact him, please let me know before I do anything.
Further more, I am typing  my theory/article finish, based on bluebrain theory and my one experience with magic mushrooms (almost 4 years), which in my opinion explains in a scientific way, by means of a theoretical model, the pathogenesis of CH in a group of patients and the reason of why psilocybin/psilocin works for us.
For me the question was WHY does it work. I think I found the answer.
Any suggestion about whom I should contact.
Best regards. Bloobrain

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #243 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 11:27pm

Very interesting reading bloobrain.
I would like to see your paper should you like to share.
the bb

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #244 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 11:51pm

bloobrain wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:25pm:
I think I found the answer.
Any suggestion about whom I should contact.
Best regards. Bloobrain

I will be happy to put you in contact with several people that I'm sure will find your work interesting (as I do) and would most likey want to comment upon it.
I'll PM some email addresses.

Thank you for your continued work,
Bob

- C.S. Lewis
IP Logged

cyberone
CH.com Junior

melbourne, AUST
Reply #245 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 9:00am

any fellow cluster heads in melb send me a pm.....
this cycle is getting shocking.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #246 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 2:26pm

I just went for the seeds again last night- 75, crushed & soaked for 3 hours...no "effects", but I could definitely tell something was going on...

then a few hours later, I got very "gross" feeling- like I'd been on a 3-day bender!  Cheesy  Went to bed and woke up in the night with classic droopy teary eye, clogged nasal passage- but no pain!!!   

Today I woke up two hours earlier than usual, bright-eyed and bushy tailed and full of energy- and pain free!  I hope it lasts.

(I still prefer the mushies, though- I always feel terrific and never get sick or hung over.)

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #247 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 3:04pm

UnderTheRadar wrote on Jan 15th, 2009 at 2:26pm:
I just went for the seeds again last night- 75, crushed & soaked for 3 hours...no "effects", but I could definitely tell something was going on...

then a few hours later, I got very "gross" feeling- like I'd been on a 3-day bender!  Cheesy  Went to bed and woke up in the night with classic droopy teary eye, clogged nasal passage- but no pain!!!  

Today I woke up two hours earlier than usual, bright-eyed and bushy tailed and full of energy- and pain free!  I hope it lasts.

(I still prefer the mushies, though- I always feel terrific and never get sick or hung over.)
I hear ya on the feeling like a 3 day bender.  I like your choice of words, LOL!

I dosed twice in December well before the next cycle which is suspose to be now and luckily I have felt no signs or early signs that a cycle is coming.  Knock on wood.  I may dose again within the next couple of weeks to keep PF days going. 

Mushies are definitely my weapon of choice.  The problem is finding them.

I'm glad you're feeling PF.  I wish it to all!

Peace,
Chad

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #248 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 1:38pm

Quote:
Mushies are definitely my weapon of choice.  The problem is finding them.

They are easy to grow. Then you know what your eating and have a supply for years.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #249 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 12:39am

I usually bust with shrooms, but I tried HBW seeds this time.  4 seeds on Jan 8 and 6 on the 13th.  I had harsh HA's after both treatments.  3-4hr bouts(kip 7-8) with 30 min breaks in between.  I have had only one HA since, and that was brought about by my own stupidity.  I thought I would see if I could handle a few Guinness.  Even that HA was very slight KIP 4, and was easily aborted by a Red Bull in about 20 mins.  All in all, I've only had minor twinges over the past few days.  I think I might be o the mend.  Knocking on every Fn piece of wood in the joint.  Cheers to all who gave me advise.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!