Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166522 times)
thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #150 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 12:58pm

I respect your decision as well Brew. Then you have a pharmaceutical that works for you? It is a quality of life issue as well. When you have exhausted all other practical means and you begin to think surgery. When your whole life is upside down with pain and fatigue, you have no quality of life, and nothing is working. When you have used all your resources, lost your job, home life is non-existent nothing in the future but pain and misery. Then the thinking about legality becomes less of an issue and alternatives become a treatment not an illegal drug.
If one simply changes the situational criteria the perception of a substance can change as well. This would not change the public perception however.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #151 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 1:19pm

Quote:
I respect your decision as well Brew. Then you have a pharmaceutical that works for you? It is a quality of life issue as well. When you have exhausted all other practical means and you begin to think surgery. When your whole life is upside down with pain and fatigue, you have no quality of life, and nothing is working. When you have used all your resources, lost your job, home life is non-existent nothing in the future but pain and misery. Then the thinking about legality becomes less of an issue and alternatives become a treatment not an illegal drug.
If one simply changes the situational criteria the perception of a substance can change as well. This would not change the public perception however.
all the best
thebb

Preachin' to the choir, dude. I've acknowledged that.

I've several pharmaceuticals that work - it's a constant guessing game as to what will work today and what won't tomorrow, but they work the vast majority of the time.

If I lost my job, you're absolutely correct - legality would be much less of an issue.

IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #152 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 5:03pm

It is a quality of life issue as well. When you have exhausted all other practical means and you begin to think surgery. When your whole life is upside down with pain and fatigue, you have no quality of life, and nothing is working. When you have used all your resources, lost your job, home life is non-existent nothing in the future but pain and misery. Then the thinking about legality becomes less of an issue and alternatives become a treatment not an illegal drug.

You just described Lisa last summer BB! And that's what made the choice a no brainer. Your comment was well put!

Charlotte

Sorry I didn't do the quote correct. I'm still figuring that tool out and amaze myslf when I get it right.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2008 at 5:04pm by cash5542 »  
cash5542  
IP Logged

Darrell
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cleveland
Reply #153 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 12:04am

Brew, I understand your position and respect it.  I also feel sorry for anyone who avoids this treatment for fear of the law.  That is a sin, and governments should be ashamed.  I might add that I'm a firefighter subject to random drug tests, but don't let that stop me.  Psilocybin screening is not routinely included in drug tests.  As has been mentioned, it's a matter of cost.  Also, psilocybin is water soluble and therefore out of your system relatively quickly, unlike cannabis.  Three days would be a maximum, and you may be clean in one.

Anyway, I came here to add emphasis to my "count me"
Here's an update:

Well that was a good month.

Here's the breakdown:
     Eight total hits for the month
           Three induced by beer
           Only needed to resort to O2 for the first three of the month
           None worse than a 2
     Three .75 gm. doses

That's it, all of it, period.  Not bad after eight months of pretty steady hits.  Although May wasn't too bad, as I was starting to get my dosing right.  Last dose was June 25, and I plan on a maintenance dose in another one or two weeks.  Unless I get any activity, in which case I will strike immediately.

Darrell

IP Logged

swiftlaw
CH.com Newbie

South Dartmouth - MA
Reply #154 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 1:26pm

I am grateful for the information I have had from PinkFloyd and pink sharkMark and the other Clusterbusters.

I have no desire to trip recreationaly. The supersalts, the verapamil and the steroids all work short term but ravage my body and mind. I cycle like an atomic clock in the Spring and the winter. 3 or 4 years ago I was able ( after much explaining and haranging) to obtain a good ounce of fairly fresh cubensis mushrooms. I tried to wean off all medice- to detox - did the best I could - followed the instructions and took a fairly heroic dose of shroms. Waited five days dosed again. That night the headaches, which are always left sided, began to change - I had a kip 9 that seemed to spin around my head, Next day and for everyday for a year after each dose I have been completely PF. Completely !

As an attorney- I recognise the dire need for good drug laws and I also recognise how completrely and utterly the law enforcement comunity could care less about our medical use. 

For me the biggest problem with the illegality of shrooms is that it makes thm so hard to find. The kids don't want to give their shrooms to a 60 year old man!!

Finally I have never experienced anything from another cluster head but a desire to help. This is a very small and special comunity - really - who can understand what we go through. " Oh - you have headaches, too bad"  If they could see us in the dance - hear us crying out - pouring ice water writhing and moaning maybe then. But - here - no one especially the dedicated leaders at CB - want to do anything but to help you overcome this condition.  I am a practising attorney licensed in the United States Court of Appeals - 60 yeard old. On this board and the old one for ever end ever.  Suport this movement and these people. This is an organic and gentle solution to this massive and debilitating condition. I stand up to be counted.

Tom Swift, Esq
New Bedford MA

Too hip for the room!
IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #155 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:39pm

I am back on this thread, I have been over this thread many times, I am also grateful to
a prominent member of CB (I will not mention the name, I simply failed to ask for promotion)
for the vast information and of f board interesting and educating discussions, tks so much,
how much one can learn and absorb information if one is open and interested in learning and
educating one self, if not for the purpose of use, then purely out of curiosity………

Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow.' (learne, learne)”
(The Talmud)

What is even more important and so much delighting is the fact that there is hardly any
“foul” answers or posts, and with such an “explosive” material, and contravention to keep
the discussion clan of “mud wrestling” is a proof that it can be done and it is done.

I am very happy for all the ones that posted about their success,
what can be better then a treatment that works! and apparently so good…..
Like a pain therapist said: “ even one day of pain free is the world” so much more if it
works for a long time, that is the universe…..  it is a blessing, I was searching for words
to express my joy, and I cant say I can find the words……..

I am also very happy to learn that O2 is a very important part of this alternative, as a big advocate
of the O2 therapy….. I can only say, a very good choice! I believe O2 is a saviour (for me) and a non
lethal therapy alternative.

I feel (in a way) I am being denied a good alternative for treating CH, by the authorities, but the law
is the law, and based on the law I can not take any marked illegal substances, I like my job!
and I try very hard to obey the law, I believe in federal democracy, I voted for it, I try to support it,
and therefore obey the laws put up by the system, and cannot knowingly and deliberately brake the law,
even so I know I am the looser at the end of the day, I just cant do it…….

Fish die when they are out of water, and people die without law and order ( the Talmud)

Michael

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #156 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 8:57pm

wildhaus wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:39pm:
Fish die when they are out of water, and people die without law and order ( the Talmud)

Michael

Hello Michael,

"The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable."
[James Madison]

"It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
[Aristotle]

"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf."
[Pascal]

"A person who seeks help for a friend, while needy himself, will be answered first"
[The Talmud]

"Who can protest an injustice but does not is an accomplice to the act"
[The Talmud]

"Good government is the most dangerous government, because it deprives people of the need to look after themselves"
[Gandhi, M.]

"There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts."
[Gandhi, M.]

Wink

BobW
P.S. Hi Tom, nice to see you again. Thanks for stopping in.

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

mattscott
CH.com Alumnus

Toledo Ohio USA
Reply #157 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:01pm

The good of the people is the greatest law.
            Marcus T. Cicero c. 106-43 BC, Great Roman Orator, Politician

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.&&- Ronald Reagan&&

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #158 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:13pm

Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke.
                                           Jake Blues

IP Logged

mattscott
CH.com Alumnus

Toledo Ohio USA
Reply #159 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:48pm

Quote:
                                           Jake Blues

Point taken  Grin

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.&&- Ronald Reagan&&

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #160 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:55pm

mattscott wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:48pm:
Quote:
                                           Jake Blues

Point taken  Grin

No point intended. I thought we were just throwing out famous quotes.

IP Logged

swiftlaw
CH.com Newbie

South Dartmouth - MA
Reply #161 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 2:08am

Hold the cheese!

Too hip for the room!
IP Logged

SophiaK
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #162 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 3:17pm

Having exhausted all assistance given to me by the medical profession, 4 Neuros, one pain manegment physician, Depakote, anti dipressents, dopeymax, and assorted other 'medicines'  suffering liver scarring and damage from them.
I reached out to others on this board, through them I found the person who was there for me, he  helped me to return to normalcy.
I'm not here to debate the 'legality' of mushrooms, I took 5 doses before I found complete relief with minor brief episodes of head pain, these are very very infrequent.  
The last dose was taken January 5th 2007.  
I find it ludicrous that this marvelous way to relieve some of us from disabling pain is 'illegal' when so many of the drugs given to sufferers of CH will make you 'dopey' 'groggy' and cause liver damage, not to mention a few other problems caused by them.  You can be sure should I begin to suffer as I was I will be taking the mushrooms.

IP Logged

gammon
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #163 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 4:40pm

I'd like to throw my name into the hat. I started with shrooms, had good success at aborting the cycle and also preventative dosing. I personally found shrooms hard to come by and to be honest didn't like having to get a little buzzed on a semi-regular basis with the shrooms.

SO... I looked for an alternative, RC Seed worked very well for me, I am episodic typically 2 times year lasting about 6 weeks per episode. RC seeds have allowed me to often skip the episode completely, i.e last episode was August 07, typically  I should have had an full blow episode Xmas time-ish but sailed on through. Last night i did feel a bit of that familiar tinge and will be dosing with 20 RC seed tonight (unless somebody recommends a different dosage) which will hopefully stop this cycle before it begins.

One added note, last Aug when i had my last episode, the seeds were unable to break it completely, but knocked it down to about 3 weeks with 1 maybe 2 CHs/ day, normally i would have been 5-7 easily, high on the KIP. ( i was also only dosing at about 9-10 seeds, which i think was too low)

I am a HUGE supporter of the work that is being done here, eternal gratitude to PinkFloyd, I really cannot express enough my thanks to those who have worked so hard to look for answers.

I would encourage EVERYONE to try the seeds. I know there are legality issues with some of the psychedelics, but in Canada anyway the RC seeds are available at a retail store, so it is not an issue and for me more effective than the mushrooms.

Good luck to all.

dave

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #164 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 6:28pm

You want a famous quote?  Try this quote on for size. "Dad does this mean im gonna get those things too?" (Sam R.) Daughter of a cluster headache suffer. Try hearing those words everyday from your 15 y/o daughter. I HAVE NO MORALS LEFT, THE BEAST HAS STOLEN THEM FROM ME.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2008 at 6:38pm by coach_bill »  

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #165 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 6:51pm

coach_bill wrote on Jul 8th, 2008 at 6:28pm:
I HAVE NO MORALS LEFT, THE BEAST HAS STOLEN THEM FROM ME.

I thought the idea here was to kick the beast's a$$, not the other way around. And I thought you had a leg up on it, if I recall correctly.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #166 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 9:30pm

I do. and I do. What i should have said was when i was in my cycle....

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #167 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 11:12pm

Atta boy, coach!

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #168 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 8:12pm

Man O man! Cheesy

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #169 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 8:59pm

LOL... I love you guys...  Cool

IP Logged

CArl
Ex Member

Reply #170 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 4:38am

wildhaus wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:39pm:
I try very hard to obey the law, I believe in federal democracy, I voted for it, I try to support it,
and therefore obey the laws put up by the system, and cannot knowingly and deliberately brake the law,
even so I know I am the looser at the end of the day, I just cant do it…….
( the Talmud)
Michael

Hello Michael,

Fellow sufferer's not wanting to break the law was a point which was put to me many times when ever this topic was raised over here in the UK.
Many who argued this point were on high doses of conventional Meds...Most of them knowingly drove to work each day under the influence of drugs, & broke the law.
Over here in the UK it's illegal to drive a motor car whilst under the influence of drugs...

[color=#666666
]Penalties faced by drug drivers
If a person is proven to be unfit to drive through the use of drugs (illicit and prescribed) they face the same penalties as those who drive under the influence of alcohol.
[/color]

Not sure what the law is over there in the States with regards to this...Maybe those of you who are concerned with breaking the law might wanna check it out...

Now as someone who uses Psilocybin, & LSA to control my Cluster headache. I am fit to drive a motor car 7 days after dosing.

Have a good weekend, & drive safely...

CArl...
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2008 at 11:02am by N/A »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #171 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:05pm

wildhaus wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 5:45am:
Hi

I am very offended by what you posted, what you posted is rude and  degrading,
and in many ways claiming you and only you have the “miraculous”
answer to our common malady!

This is not only unacceptable, it is beyond any  proper
behaviour with any group with a common interest!

You might possess some knowledge, you might possess a possible answer,
but you cannot imply that the only ones using the “CB” way are the ones
that have seen the light, this reminds me of a different kind of fundamentalism…

The research (or being part of a research group) some of us, (hopefully for all of us)
do, is to find an answer, an answer we all (most of us) can share.

I did point out more than once that the “CB” way could (and seems to be)
a good way to reduce and even eliminate our pains, and not only once
I have pointed it out in my country and in other places, the potential of using
“CB”, with some good reasaults, interest, and curiosity.

but  IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!

and therefore it is out of the question for some of us, whether for  ideological reasons
or simply for practical reasons.

I cannot use the “CB” ways!!  I like my job, I need my job!  and I have the age where
losing my job will jeopardize my future, as well as all what is dear to me.
And this thought, or better said alternative, is worse than having  “CH”!!!!

I am invited to a Pain and Anaesthesiology Meeting in Switzerland,
and I was going to talk about CH and also about the “CB” alternative, as a very good
alternative (if legalized), but now after reading your last posting I have the distinct feeling
that I will drop the CB part, and most likely not attend the meeting, posts like this turn me off,
to try and promote our cause, it makes me rethink my commitment to the CH world,
and its needs

YOUR WAY (even so it might be a good way)  IS NOT THE ONLY WAY!!!!

Michael

i really don't understand what is so offensive about clusterbusting nor do i understand why it is such a taboo subject. you guys go through all these trial and tribulations with there meds and their doctors. clusterbusting is a one time treatment and it works.

this is a site to help people deal with cluster headaches. thats why bob makes his posts hear. he is a clusterhead like all the rest of us.

also lets not forget that all these trusted drug companies (how much does imitrex cost?)are the ones that lobby to keep it illegal. they need to make sure that you keep buying their drugs and keep that money rolling in. NOBODY makes any money from clusterbusting.

as far as drug testing goes i am a truckdriver. i get drug tested quit often. the only way you can detect lsd is through a spinal tap. mushrooms and other methods are out of your system in days.   i too need my job but it's not like i can slide out from my desk and  go hide somewhere. i have to find a place to park my truck and try to put my head back together before i run somebody over. last cycle i didn't have insurance. because  of this and because i refused to drive due to safety reasons i clusterbusted. a few weeks later i was pf and back on the road supporting my family.

clusterbusting does have a place on this site and i don't understand why  it's so hush hush. if you gave me a choice between breaking the law and getting stabbed in the face repeatedly i'll break the law everytime!

as far as morality goes, what moral about charging you $150 for imitrex when it's just an immediate and non lasting remedy.

whats so immoral about using lsd or mushrooms to take care of an ailment? seriously can anybody answer that question?
with all due respect don't knock it until you've tried it!                  
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:23pm by -johnny- »  

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #172 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:57pm

Took the words right out of my mouth Johnny.
Can I get an Amen
thebb Smiley

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #173 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:17pm

amen brother!

i try not not push clusterbusting on anybody, but i with rise to its defense!

IP Logged

andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
Reply #174 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:06pm

Amen.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!