Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted (Read 166539 times)
Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Re: Time for the 75-80% to stand up and be counted
Reply #125 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:51pm

ozzy wrote on Jun 15th, 2008 at 9:25pm:
If you suffer from mental illness to begin with you shouldn't go this way.

I'm seconding this one!

I happened to be one of the people who cannot take hallucinagins (sp?) due to mental illness (i.e. clinical depression, anxiety/panic disorder).  I did try and had some adverse effects.  If I remember correctly, sorry it was a few years ago, it enhanced my anxiety, brought on panic attacks along with an extremely upset tummy (lots of vomiting), but that could have been due to me soaking my RC seeds in wine. Undecided  Anyway, my experience and medical records went to the study with Sewell.

BTW. it just ROCKS that the alternatives are helping so many people!!

I do definately support it myself.

Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #126 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:52pm

Hello to all fellow suffers out there, my name is Bill Roberts i live in Cleveland Ohio. Ever since i was in my mid 20s i would get these monster HA at night, they would last about 1 hour and wake me from a dead sleep only to have me on my knees 15minutes later crying in pain like a 10 year old boy. They would go away after a couple of months and stay gone for what seem like years, only to jump right back into my life and destroy me as a man. I could never stop thinking it was from the partying i did as a kid, so when the last blast of this shit wouldnt let me go and i thought that this was it, i desepratly reached out to find anything that could help me go on. Thats when i met bob, and he told me about clusterbusters.com and anwsered all my questions so i was not worried at all about trying this, because what the doc had planned for me was much worse. so i ordered RC seeds and followed some advice, and the next day when i woke up i just knew they were gone!! I can say with 1000% percent truthfull words that these seeds ended those headaches!! I now stand here today medicene free, i take nothing, not one perscription drug!!! Sure i got a rouge hit ONCE and my 02 tanks are covered in dust. So i just want to say to anyone hurtin from this god awful bullshit that this is something you must consider to end your battle with CH. Thank you again Bob for waking me up from the nightmare i was living for the past 20 years, I can never repay you for how your site has given me my life back but only by trying to help another suffer i feel like i have tried to give back. Count me.   Coach bill
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:52pm by coach_bill »  

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #127 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:37pm

I'm just a supporter but I truly doubt I need to suffer to be desperatly seeking solutions. At this time last year Lisa was sooo drugged with legal traditional meds.She had only had CH for one year (but all year without any break)  Her blood pressure, at it's worst was 60/10 and EKG's showed drugged induced long QT syndrome. She was getting hit up to 12 times a day. Her asthma was a mess from all of the O2.  Her allergist said "It's time to try anything, you've done all of the traditional meds and it's just not working." Her chart says herbal remedies for CH. Reading so many posts here of decades of seeking relief made allof us search and find. This wasn't going to dominate her life like it had so many here.

In case you wonder why Lisa's not posting, it's cause she's off having a life like any other 23 yr old, working , swimming, studying for her master, dating and socializing. None of this happened last year before shrooms.

Charlotte (who is so grateful to everyone at clusterbusters)

cash5542  
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
CH.com Hall of Famer

comfortably numb

x0||USA||||IL,Illinois
Reply #128 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:21am

cash5542 wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:37pm:
In case you wonder why Lisa's not posting, it's cause she's off having a life like any other 23 yr old, working , swimming, studying for her master, dating and socializing. None of this happened last year before shrooms.

I forgot to tell you that all dates must fill out a clusterbuster questionaire, and supply us with references, to make sure we approve of her dates. And don't be suprised if we all wait up until she gets home safe and sound.  Smiley

Just wanted to thank everyone for posting your stories and comments. It's one of the things that keep us all motivated to carry on.

Bobw

"those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C.S. Lewis
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW psiloscribe pinkshroomrat  
IP Logged

CArl
Ex Member

Reply #129 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 5:25am

Pinkfloyd wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:21am:
[quote author=4D4F5D461B1B1A1C2E0 link=1212882305/125#127 date=1214534221]It's one of the things that keep us all motivated to carry on.

Bobw

It's your motivation that keeps us motivated Bob.  Success stories like Charlotte's.

Oh, & the PF times we share together... Wink

Your friend from across the pond.

CArl...
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 5:26am by N/A »  

IP Logged

FastEddie
CH.com Newbie

It's just another day
in paradise

x1|Maumelle|USA|usa|327|215|AR,Arkansas
Reply #130 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 6:35am

OK,  I just read every post on this thread and I am appalled by some of the comments.  The word illegal keeps coming up.  
Ethical and moral; that is your decision, but unless your slate is clean (and I only know of one) don't talk to me about illegal.  I would eat the crap rooms grow in if I thought it would stop one attack.
When I found this site over a year ago I WAS SUICIDAL from my pain, and guess what, that is illegal.  Drinking below the age of 21 is illegal, but how many of you did that?  
Want further testing ?  Ask damn near any person (except the ones bitching) below the age of 40 and they will tell you the results.  Ask the manager or the president of the company and if they are honest a lot of them will tell you.  They took it in a lot larger doses than it takes for a CH and guess what; they are still around, they still have a brain (maybe some managers don't) and they are not hooked.
My wife is a very religous, ethical, and moral person; to her there are no shades of grey; it is right or wrong, legal or illegal, but she is all for me using this form of treatment in an attempt to stop my suffering.
This stuff ain't new, sports fans; it has been around for centuries, and thousands of mostly young people are trying it every day.  Hell, they get to see the pink elephants and we don't.  They do it for recreation and we do it for survival.  
Talk about research, If you think I haven't done my homework you can think again. I am 60 years old, retired owner of a very successful business, and don't have time or patience for nonsense.
You get off your soap box and I will get off of mine.  Remember what this website was designed for; A SUPPORT GROUP FOR CLUSTER HEADACHE SUFFERERS. No matter what I do or what I try if you are a true supporter then you will support my efforts.  If not, then I am on the wrong website, and I will keep searching.
I thank God for those that called me after my first post or I would not be writing this today.  Now that is what this whole thing is about; HELPING OTHERS!
Now go ahead and tear this post apart since you evidently have never been in my shoes.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #131 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 6:46am

I just got one thing to say to you, Eddie...

GO RAZORBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Oh...and see you all soon...can't wait!  Kiss

Love to you both...
Jackie

« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 6:48am by Jackie »  

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #132 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 7:01am

Eddie - "Unethical" and "immoral" are grey areas. "Illegal," by comparison, is not. "Illegal" is merely a statement of fact. A moral or ethical act may still present issues with the law, and unethical or immoral acts may be perfectly legal.

It is illegal to posess or ingest psilocybin, period. It is perfectly legal to posess or grow morning glories, but it is illegal to ingest the seeds. One cannot even obtain a legal prescription for either of these in the US. Some people will not risk losing their careers, homes, etc. by taking the chance. That's all.

And I didn't have to climb up on a soapbox to say that.

IP Logged

FastEddie
CH.com Newbie

It's just another day
in paradise

Reply #133 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:29am

When I first opened this post I did it for one reason; to get information to help me make decisions concerning MY CONDITION.
From what I read the intent was this (1st thread):

I think it's time for everyone else that has found help with psychedelics, to let everyone here know about it. Maybe it'll help to keep a thread on page one for a while so new people can read about this option. For those that can't step forward, for any reason, that's fine. I understand. For those that can, and have in the past, please stand up and be counted.
Bobw
P.S. Yes, the 20% that haven't been helped are more than welcome to let us know. (except BobP because he just didn't do it right)

What he asked for was facts on people taking this alternative, NOT COMMENTS.
DID IT WORK: YES: How did it work?
DID IT WORK: NO: Any reason you can think of why not?
I have made my decision, and I don't need or want anyone telling me how wrong or unethical I am; I do not question or disagree with their decisions either. What I am saying is this is not the place to make them: I AM LOOKING FOR FACTS--NOT COMMENTS; ANSWERS--NOT ISSUES!
I hope everyone will keep their post to the topic requested so others can make THEIR DECISION. Anyone that has made it this far does not need to be told "I'ts illegal or immoral"or whatever else someone has a problem with-------They already know that.

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #134 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:07am

Eddie - Perhaps you're missing my point. It is simply this: for some, the fact that it is illegal is reason enough not to do it. I don't have a problem with anyone else utilizing this method. I find it neither unethical nor immoral. In my mind it is not wrong. It is simply illegal.

Yes, everyone can choose. But then everyone must be prepared to deal with the consequences. Plain and simple. In my case, I am not prepared to deal with the potential legal problems this course of action might send my way. Others are. More power to them and to you.

Do I wish it wasn't a felony? You bet I do. In the meantime, I get by with what's available to me legally. I cast no aspersions, and I do not judge those who take the risk.

One other thing - I would like to see one thread - just one - in the history of ch.com that contains only facts and no comments. I don't think there is such an animal.

IP Logged

Hikerguy
CH.com Junior

My head hurts a little....got
an aspirin?

x0|utica|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #135 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:33am

I just wantede to say that after 12+yrs of ch I went through the gamut of meds till i found dopamax was great for 5-6yrs the last yr bam.....no longer worked... dosed with psilo and it worked for me have been dosing every 3-4 months since and missed my spring cycle....we will see if it keeps working...those of us who get relief from cb should lobby so we are not felons maybe in 20+yrs we can get them...look at cannabis and MS patients....PFDAN        Chris

hikerguy_medic  
IP Logged

JimLaff
CH.com Veteran

OH CRAP!!!!!

x1|Springfield|USA|usa|486|122|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #136 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:31pm

I agree with Eddie - If it works, who gives a crap if it is legal or not.

Where do I take this pain of mine&&I run but it stays right my side&&So tear me open, pour me out&&There's things inside that scream and shout&&And the pain still hates me&&So hold me, until it sleeps
pennjim123  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #137 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:50pm

The legality is an issue, like it or not but I have had several doctors tell me this just isn't something that courts want to waste their time on. Discretion seems to be the key. The risk is so minimal compared to the benefits and relief provided. Can anyone think of a case where someone was arrested and prosecuted??

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus

Work it out baby!

New York|USA
Reply #138 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:54pm

Well Bob.. I'm sure you knew that this thread would veer off course, just the mention of this topic is fodder for debate/controversy.

However, I think its wonderful that there are so many finding relief, and are able to use this method of treatment for getting back their lives, and their sanity.  

Keep on truckin'! (even though that saying is really way before my time) Smiley

Pepp

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register FYI- I am NoT a clusterhead!
Love and kindness are never wasted.
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #139 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:00pm

cash5542 wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:50pm:
The legality is an issue, like it or not but I have had several doctors tell me this just isn't something that courts want to waste their time on. Discretion seems to be the key. The risk is so minimal compared to the benefits and relief provided. Can anyone think of a case where someone was arrested and prosecuted??

Charlotte

There are people, like myself, who work for companies that are regulated by the FAA and DOT. A person might be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but in the court of a Director's or VP's office, the rules are a little different.

JimL - That's who cares if it's legal or not.

IP Logged

Hikerguy
CH.com Junior

My head hurts a little....got
an aspirin?

x0|utica|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #140 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:05pm

I would also like to add that tryptamines are NOT commonly tested for in a  workplace drug screen they generally test for opiates methamphetamine cannabis cocaine and PCP......It costs more to test for other drugs and god forbid if it cuts into the bottom line....or maybe they can use some sub standard test from china.....but either way if it works for you legality is not an issue....PFDAN

hikerguy_medic  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #141 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 5:51pm

All fine and dandy. If you're willing to take that risk, it's fine by me. I'm not ready to throw a 20-year career down the toilet on the chance that they're not testing for it. I've got others who are dependent on my income.

I'm not sure why the legal issue is meeting with such resistance here. I acknowledge that it's not an issue for others. To them I say "go for it." Why can't others acknowledge that it's a valid issue for me?

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #142 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 6:30pm

Quote:
All fine and dandy. If you're willing to take that risk, it's fine by me. I'm not ready to throw a 20-year career down the toilet on the chance that they're not testing for it. I've got others who are dependent on my income.

I'm not sure why the legal issue is meeting with such resistance here. I acknowledge that it's not an issue for others. To them I say "go for it." Why can't others acknowledge that it's a valid issue for me?

I completely understand and respect your reasons for not taking the alternative route. 

Beth

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #143 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 7:42pm

Thank you, Beth.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #144 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:34pm

Brew, i also understand your thoughts, and im the sole income for my family as well. I work for a place that is a clean and drug free workplace, you can be tested at any time. In my 10 years there i have been tested 2 times, but not since i have tried the RC seed method, but like we both said were the sole income, and during my last battle with ch i had to revert to the family medicial leave act to save my job because of missed work time, and that put a big damper on my familys income, frankly it hurt us bad. Since ive been doing regular doses now i have not missed a single day of work since. but for me it was no chioce, eithier be fired for a drug test i belive wont even show it, or just lose it because im unable to keep a job while im in cycle like i was. thanks for reading. coach bill

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #145 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:44pm

Glad it's working out for you, coach.

IP Logged

FastEddie
CH.com Newbie

It's just another day
in paradise

Reply #146 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 12:11am

OK gang,  after fighting the demon almost hourly for the past three weeks I took my 1st  "dose" at 2 PM.  Nothing, not even a twinge did I feel, but guess what;  IT HAS BEEN 9 HOURS AND NO HEADACHE!!!!!!!!
I'm hitting the shower and crawling into my own bed for the 1st time in three weeks.  I pray that when morning comes I will wake from my first nights sleep in a long, long time.
I will keep you posted

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

Reply #147 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 3:32pm

glad to hear of the PF time eddy but you will have to follow up in 5 days, keep us posted. coach bill

IP Logged

FastEddie
CH.com Newbie

It's just another day
in paradise

Reply #148 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 4:38pm

Got an e-mail.  I didn't mean 3 weeks without a shower. I guess I worded that sentence wrong!!!!!!
Having a few hits, but found out some other medicines I take may have had a effect on this.
Tapering off of them.
Had one great nights sleep with no hits; it was wonderful!

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #149 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 12:24pm

Quote:

Brew, I completely respect your decision and understand that is a very valid issue for you, and for many others. 

Making this sort of decision should never be taken lightly and should be researched and thought out thoroughly by everyone contemplating using CB methods. 

If their decision is not to try it, no matter what the reason, I respect that decision. 

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!