Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 9:30am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « My kids....... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jul-Sep 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   My kids.......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: My kids.......  (Read 125 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

My kids.......
« on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just melt my heart.  Ya know how it is with holding something to your face during an attack, be it ice or heat.  Well I use crushed ice or frozen peas in a bag stuffed inside an old sock (clean of course lol)  Well I do it so much and I've been doing it for so long now that I had to make a mini version for my kids cause they would fight over my "sock" when I needed it.  It's so sad to me to see my babies holding their own sock to their eye and temple like their mommy does....only difference is they are smiling.  I hate that my kids see me like that.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

Re: My kids.......
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 4:22am »

Tara, don't ever feel ashamed again. You did not create cluster headache or did anything stupid to cause them (like Mums who go motor cycle  racing  and break their legs...)

Feel proud instead of your kids who have so much sensitivity and who do not (yet) care about appearances. Accept what they give from their innocence. They are being SUPPORTERS, taking their small bit of responsability. They have earned your respect. They certainly have earned mine.

IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 6:18am »

What gems you have.

Steve G
IP Logged
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 6:52am »

taraann..
What great babies you have..it is their way of telling you they understand that mommy need to do this...and they wanna do it too...although they arent crying,sweating & such..they are trying to be as supportive as they know how to be. Hold them close & love them to pieces when you have your pain free moments...
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:09am »

It is terrible Ann what you are feeling Undecided, but it is not your fault if you are CH sufferer! I hate this beast and all it makes to the people who love us... Cry Cry Cry Cry

I think of you...... Zaira Kiss
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:18am »

Thanks alot! I usually don't get misty this early in the morning, Cry but your post brings back some memories for me. Sounds like you have great kids.

Peace,

Jimbo
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:50am »

Tara hang tough... One of the largest forms of flattery is when someone copies something that you do... It merely means that your children love and respect you so much that they want to be like you... Even though their faces are happy...I am sure they realize your pain and  maybe they are trying to make you smile and feel better... They are the coolest kids and I havent even met them...  
(( YOU have the best ideas also...That sock with ice in it is the greatest idea...))

Ave and Shari,Zaira, Steve and Jimbo...  great supporting posts I love you guys... sometimes Sufferers can be the best supporters... Ree
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:54am by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:57am »

I think that's a beautiful story. Made my day. Wish all kids were that compasionate. When the HA passes hug 'em real tight. They're gems.

Hugs  BD

P.S.  If you get tired of them - send 'em to TX along with the papers -- I'll take 'em. My son still thinks Mom just has "headaches".
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:30am »

God bless them!
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:34am »

Thank everyone, what wonderful reply's.  When I get hit in front of my kids I tend to keep it together really well.  Don't curse, don't cry, the most I do is the ice and rock alittle (which they love being rocked anyways so that works out) So my kids do supply me with infinite strength.  But you know how parent guilt is.

P.S. Barabara...... NO WAY Wink
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:42pm »

Taraann......feel blessed

I'm lucky if my kids would bring my O2 rig ten ft to my chair.......they care n all but are usually too shocked to be of much help.....lol I scare the bejeezus outta em normally. I guess I'm just not a very chipper kinda guy, have become quite cynical and dejected over the years.

they are scared of me........really....I don't mean to be so abrasive all the time Im just impatient and a tad obsessive  compulsive about things.

old before my time,
Ramon ( hope you feel better soon)
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss